New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

on 1/10/2014 8:40:00 AM

Nothing special! I have ALWAYS wanted to try this bronzer after hearing Raves,Raves,AND,Raves! About it on numerous sites AND YouTube UNFORTUNATLY NONE of my target/walgreens/CVS carried it and i DON'T have a Walmart/Rite-Aid near me :( I thought this might be a dupe for my HG bronzer HOOLA! By BeneFit :) A few days ago i went to see my Buddy in Novato (im in SF) i went to Rite-Aid to pick up some stuff their Rite-Aid is H-U-G-E and the cosmetics department is so B-I-G i almost had a panic attack when i saw this! I grabbed it as fast as i could it was O-N-L-Y $2.99 the next day i was Sooo eager to try it! I used a SMALL fluffy face brush to "BRONZE" my face i did NOT countour bcuz when i get new bronzers i want to make sure the color is nice for countouring :) The color in the pan looks EXACTLY like HOOLA! By BeneFit a MATTE warm brown with orange undertones but not TOO orange on my face it looked RED like a blush! I was a bit disappointed but for blush i thought it would work well i have to admit it looks like a natural bronzey hue :) I liked it UNTIL i looked in the Mirror 2 hours l8r the staying power is just SURREAL it had ALL faded all i could see was a reddish/pinkish hue where i had applied bronzer previously. GLADLY it was only $2.99 but overall im not TOO impressed!

I really wanted to like this bronzer because it was matte and appeared natural on my NC30 skin but it did break me out. I could tell because the area in which I applied the bronzer was where the annoying little headless pimples appeared! I looked up the ingredients and saw that it contained numerous comedogenic properties! If you're acne-proned like I am, I suggest you avoid this bronzer!

First of all, those who are complaining about the pigmentation, picking the right brush is so important. The sponge that comes with this sucks! So be sure to pick a denser brush( I use the classic angled blush brush from sigma) and it works really well<3 good luck!!!

on 1/4/2014 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just don't understand the hype. The price is great and I love that it's matte, but it's just so sheer, and it doesn't last more than 30 minutes on me. It's also quite orange and the packaging is horrible. But, hey, for 3 dollars, give it a try. It just may work for you.

on 1/2/2014 8:45:00 AM

I liked it at first but then I realized it wouldn't last . I like that it is a matte color but it doesn't show up easily . I mean it is only 3.00 but hey, you get what you paid for ! I don't think I would repurchase.

on 12/31/2013 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i hate to diss this product so i won't but i will sure write about why it did not work for me. Let's start with the fact that i didn't know how to apply blush, let alone this!!! so i didn't know where my blush should go, or where my highlighter should go, or where id contour. I sucked!!!! the first time i did it, omg!!! i looked like i had fallen on the dirt, and had rubbed my face with it. Never again....UNTIL....I learn how to contour....and highlight.....however, the pigmentation is great, i didn't feel like it was chalky, it just looked funny because i didn't know how to blend it.....i give it 3 lipppies because i neither love it nor hate it. I heard a lot of great things on this....but then again, they were different shades than me (tanner)....I will try again, maybe one day i really do have the time to play with my cheap brushes. The price is great compared to ud, tarte, nars, etc.

on 12/17/2013 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

All time favorite. Always have a back up ready. Lots of product in this tiny tin. Works we'll with all skin tones.

on 12/15/2013 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this because of the rave reviews and am disappointed. It is chalky and its not that great. I understand the price makes it okay for that but I find WNW better and same price. I am very light and cool toned, so finding bronzers are hard. This I will not be repurchasing and will continue to look for affordable bronzers in the meantime.
Right now, and for the longest time I have been using BE Warmth, and BE Tinted Mineral Veil which work best on my skin for bronzers.

on 12/14/2013 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm still terrible at working with bronzers, and it may be due to the fact that I DO NOT like looking tan, but anyway; I had the ELF bronzer/blush kit prior to purchasing the NYC Sunny bronzer, and the main reason why I hate the ELF one was because it had shimmer in it. The NYC bronzer is completely matte, so I like it a lot more. It's ridiculously cheap too; I got it for around $2 on sale at Target. I feel that it's much easier to work with than the ELF bronzer since it's more buildable and doesn't look like you slapped dirt on to your face.

on 12/12/2013 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Once upon a time ago this was HG status for me. Those were my hs days, when I knew what iI wanted: matte bronzer & for how much: not much at all, dirt cheap. This fulfilled those qualities for a longg time until I grew up & realized this was too cool almost taupey grey looking on me in the winter months & even orange hues for my summer looks. I also find it to be a difficult blend, often times I'd scrub the top layer with a sharp paperclip to reveal the soft powder underneath. I have found a much better alternative to this, which surprisingly still fulfills my 2 previous terms, its E.L.F Studio COOL Bronzer. Yup the cool one, the warm one has shimmer/sheen finish. Cool one is the 4 pan style: one white, 2 shades of brown and a peach ----> all matte & cheap.

Popular Bronzers