December 20, 2014 | 1699 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fascinating

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 9:46:00 PM More reviews by bv711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*Disappointed* :( I wish I could tell you it looked scary, sultry, messy, etc, but the truth of the matter is that it didn't stay on long enough to have a description (nor impression). Seriously, seconds after I applied to the waterline I had to reapply---by the time I finished applying my MU I had reapplied a good three times. ZERO results. One pro was that it didn't irritate my eyes, granted it didn't stay on long enough to make a difference. In the end, I highlighted the lash line with Schroom (my attempt at trying to keep "the look"). Going back for sure. Perhaps like another MUA'er I'll trade it in for a shadestick.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2008 3:05:00 AM More reviews by hello_operator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sadly, I have been purchasing this eye kohl for a long time, for no greater reason than it being made by MAC. However, I've now realized that any drugstore brand (e.g. Rimmel) white eyeliner does the same job for a whole lot less. And for that, I won't be repurchasing this anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2008 1:40:00 AM More reviews by cincha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Whoa! When I use MAC's Fascinating eye pencil to line my waterline, it makes me look scary, not sultry. I was looking for something to "highlight" my bottom lashline, which gets neglected other than for dark liner and mascara (which makes my eyes look smaller). I have seen Fascinating (or similar) on other girls and it looks good on them, just not on me.
I have since replaced this with another MAC product: Beige-ing Shadestick. It's great! You can highlight your bottom lashline (even messily) and it still looks good, even without liner; plus, it's wonderful with lining your bottom lashline with eyeshadow because the shadow stays in place and you can make a finer, more precise line. Of course, Beige-ing is meant to be an eyeshadow base for your eyelids so, for all these reasons, it has become a staple in my makeup kit.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2008 3:44:00 AM More reviews by iwasntlazyinmay

I generally go for a more natural look unless I'm going out and do dramatic so this eye kohl is only used at night. But when I do use it, its so pigmented, soft and glides on my water line so smoothly. It makes my eyes pop so big and I have really small asian eyes. Just the right amount looks so awesome. Just remember not to line too much on the water line unless you want to end up with clown eyes. Otherwise try this you won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 5:52:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The staying power of this liner defies belief. It is the whitest white and glides on smoothly and evenly. It is the best white eyeliner that I have tried and I would recommend it wholeheartedly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Aline7

This is a great white eyeliner.

Nothing special about it. But the reason I bought the MAC eyeliner is because i find that 'white' eyeliners are dry in cheaper brands and thus harder to apply. I used to use anabelle drugstore product and found myself having to use a lighter to melt it before applying.

Also, MAC faschinating kohl is APPROVED for WATERLINE.. thus, i buy the MAC one.
It really makes the eyes look awake and wider.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by paula3boys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got the Fascinating Eye Kohl that was advertised with FAFI. I never knew about this one before that. I was fascinated (ha ha, pardon the pun) by it when I saw it online, but MAC site was sold out so when I placed a small order I couldn't get it. I went to the counter and they had it. The mua told me just what everyone below says about using it on the lower waterline (inside) to make eyes look bigger so I got it for that reason. I put it on and it does make my eyes look more awake. I am glad that I got this and would again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by sugarnails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the makeup tips I've read suggested using a white eyeliner on the lower waterline to make your eyes look bigger and more 'awake'. This is very creamy, smooth, and easy to put on, but I just could not get it to stay on more than a few minutes without it fading. Perhaps my waterlines are far too... watery for any liner to stay put. I love MAC and hate to give a mediocre rating, but this just didn't work for me. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 10:25:00 PM More reviews by LizC21

Staple for me... creamy, matte, pure white liner. Use this for lining the lower rim. Makes my eyes look wider, brighter, and more awake. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2007 1:36:00 AM More reviews by xcoco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only MAC khol liner i like, the others ones always smudge on me.. Maybe this one do too but if it does, you dont really notice it since its white. The color is really nice & intense and really make my eyes look bigger.