July 25, 2014 | 1661 users online

Shampoo - Bumble & Bumble - Seaweed Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2004 6:25:00 PM More reviews by fort

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not feeling this shampoo at all. I was looking for a gentle shampoo that lathers well and doesn't leave residue. The Seaweed does not lather well and while it doesn't leave a residue, it dries my hair out. It is also too expensive. Next time I'm going for something simpler (no need for the algae and kelp) and cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2004 10:06:00 AM More reviews by comicsuperhero

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After trying tons of stuff, I think I finally found my HG-poo. Seaweed is the no1-choice for normal to thin hair with oil balance problems and the wish of a great refreshing feeling, nice smell, soft but full hair. Simply great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2004 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Diane1272

I have used this shampoo for about 6 months now and I have to say that I love it. I have thin hair that is dry on the ends, but with my oily scalp, finding a good shampoo for everyday use was not an easy task. The nice thing about Bumble and Bumble products is that while expensive, most of their products come in little trial size bottles. I opted for the next size up (8 oz I think). I figured if I hated it I'd give to my Mom, cousin or my girlfriend. These people usually benefit from my beauty product trials. Anyway I loved the smell, it lathered nicely and rinsed easily. And to top even all that, it didn't strip my hair color! Its a win-win situation for me. The 8 oz bottle did last me a lot longer than I espected, so after using that up and finding myself still loving it, I went for it and bought the big honkin' pump bottle (28 oz I think) for $30. Alot of money for a shampoo, but I do really like it and a little goes a long way. I just had to threaten my boyfriend to leave it alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2004 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mcbabyblue

i wish someone had told me about this shampoo for my oily roots/dry ends/chemically processed/thin/fine hair! all the beauty stores told me to try the gentle shampoo or the thickening shampoo, neither of which i liked. this is perfect. makes my hair light and shiny and doesn't weigh it down or dry it out. love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2004 9:09:00 PM More reviews by vocalise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My colorist suggested that I use this shampoo to help retain my highlights and after hesitating (dreading the extra moola I'd have to shell out ON TOP OF my highlighting session), I reluctantly bought it along with a detangling conditioner. I must say that I AM REALLY GLAD I listened to her because here I am, three months later and my hair color still looks lovely. This shampoo is mild (I think) and it has a subtle fragrance that I find reasonably pleasant. My bottle is starting to run out and I will definitely be repurchasing. However, before you go and get one for yourself, it's important to find out what YOUR particular hair needs are. I have straight, fine hair that's color-treated and this works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2004 12:39:00 PM More reviews by sporadicity

I actually really like this shampoo. It works for my fine somewhat oily hair. It doesn't weigh my hair down and it has a very nice scent. I don't know why there's so many bad reviews on this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2004 7:53:00 PM More reviews by JenWhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have fairly oily hair with dry ends, so I needed something that is cleansing without stripping, Seaweed shampoo is it! I've used it for almost 2 years and just recently needed to change (for a product break). After a month or so I will go back to using it. Good scent, good lather, good cleanser. I use it with the Super Rich Conditioner from Bumble and I find it to be the perfect combination for my over processed ends and oily roots. It has protein in it so it's good for colored hair that needs some strengthening.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2004 3:38:00 PM More reviews by katwalkink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A local salon just starting carrying this product line. I used to use Nioxin shampoo and conditioner because I really felt it cleaned my scalp without leaving it too dry or itchy. This seaweed shampoo accomplishes the same thing. I feel that it removes product build up without overdrying my scalp or hair. It smells good and lathers well without having to use gobbs of it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2004 7:06:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is okay for oily hair but definitely too drying for normal to dry hair. It smelled very strange too - a heavy, medicine-type which I didn't like at all. I love other Bumble and Bumble products (the sea salt spray, Sunday shampoo, seaweed conditioner) but is not one of their better products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2003 11:58:00 PM More reviews by perie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal-dry hair, and this product works very well. It does not leave any residue, and is not drying. My hair noticeably feels silkier. The fragrance is light and non-offensive.