August 21, 2014 | 1629 users online

Lip Treatments - Desert Essence - Lip Rescue w/ Shea Butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2003 4:47:00 PM More reviews by franknbeans82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why does everyone else love this product but me? Perhaps I got a bad tube or something, hah. Anyway, while the feel of this l/b isn't too shabby, the look of it is terrible. It appears as kind of a chalky white residue on my lips, which just looks disgusting. Try as I might to massage it in, it still continued to look odd. Not to mention, it even leaves a distinct white ring around the inside of my lips, gross! I also have to add that this stuff smells like Crayons, and that's not a very appealing scent near my mouth. The only reason this product received as many lippies as it did is because it still has a pretty decent feel too it. Final verdict: will not purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2003 3:05:00 AM More reviews by mtview

Love this lip balm. Smells great and the price is right (got it on sale for $1.29). The texture is soft and creamy, not greasy like Kiehl's.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2003 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Belle2003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice product for moisturizing winter chapped lips. It is a tad on the thin side on the lips, but the staying power is fairly good. It has a lovely scent. Bonus for all us aloe vera haters, it is joyfully free of aloe! The twist up stick makes application easy. A good value for the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2003 12:59:00 AM More reviews by dolcevita927

I really liked the way this balm felt on my lips initially - made my lips feel soft and silky. However, after an hour or two, they felt dry again. Maybe it's just me - my lips tend to dry out quickly. So, despite having high hopes for this product, I'm still on my quest for the perfect lip balm! (Aside: I also bought another balm by Desert Essence - forgot the name but it has Cocoa Butter. I had to throw it away b/c it was a very dry stick - drier than my lips! Maybe it was a bad one b/c it also had a funky odor).
10-20-03 Update: OK, so I continued using this balm and now have to eat my words. I love it - it works very well -the best I've had (better than Kiehl's #1 which is just overpriced Vaseline I think). I really put this balm to the test this past week while in the chilly midwest and my lips were never dry! No peeling, no cracking - they stayed ever so soft. I use this alone or most of the time, under my lipstick or gloss. It's not heavy at all. I will never search for another balm again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2003 2:24:00 AM More reviews by shilo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great lip moisturizer. I use it over my regular lipstick and also when I'm out in the sun. It has natural sunscreen (the shea butter) and feels fantastic on the lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2003 12:28:00 PM More reviews by riann

after using a lot of lip balms with petroleum, i just had to try something new. luckily, i saw the review for this one..off i went to my health store and they had it. it was 2.99 and the good thing is it contains natural ingredients. leaves my lips shiny and soft and has a hint of grapefruit. smells and tastes really yummy. im already on my 2nd tube..i think ive found my HG lip balm!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2003 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Fhorn

This is a great lip balm/stick if you want something to make your lips VERY soft and smooth with a little slight glossiness. The only thing I don't like is the flavor, which seems a little orangy, but you can blot it after you apply it and the taste is gone and the softness remains.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2003 3:02:00 PM More reviews by blissgirl

Super product! So silky and shiny. Natural ingredients: soybean oil, beeswax, candelilla wax, shea butter, ginko rosemary, vitamin e, and essential oil of mint. A lovely grapefruity-citrus smell. Very inexpensive. A definite staple of mine for over & under lipsticks, and at night as a moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2003 2:36:00 PM More reviews by 1MegMeg

I have tried TONS of lip balms (probably between 25 and 30) and this, hands down, is the best! Why is it the best, you ask? Let me tell you. :-) It is in a sanitary, easily totable tube (rather than a pot that you have to stick your grimy paws in). It goes on smooth & creamy, yet it is not sticky or gooey at all. It is very soft and silky. It does not have an offensive taste or smell. It is great to wear under lipstick or lipgloss. It is not tested on animals, nor is it filled with funky chemicals. It has all-natural ingredients. And the last reason it is the best lip balm is because it is CHEAP! I think I paid $2.50 for this at my local health food store. That is marginally more than chapstick and you get a product that is 100 times better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2003 9:06:00 PM More reviews by linochka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a wonderul product. I bought it today and have it on my lips now, it smells good and has no taste and is so smooth and moisturizing. I've been looking for product like this for a long time. Its cheap and good quality, sold in natural food stores mostly (i think). Beats Lancome Vinefit tube (which is higher in price) and chapstick which feels really greasy and artificial.