April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Bath, Shampoo & Shower Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:59:00 AM More reviews by tia347

Ok! I was sooo excited about trying this product I had heard so many great things about the smell of amazing grace scent. I have to tell you I love love love the concept of the 3in1 but the smell of this makes me sick. I don't know why but it does. Even thinking about it makes me sick. My husband love this as his shampoo but I don't even like him to use it b/c I can't stand the smell. I am going to try the pure grace and see if it is any different b/c I love the concept of this but I hate the AG scent. Very Disappointed! :(

EDIT: I kinda like the way this smells now! LOL I don't know why but I kinda crave it. I think b/c it kinda reminds me of something. I don't know what it is though. I am happy that it doesn't make me feel sick anymore. I felt that I needed to come back and edit though. I find that sometimes if I let something sit around for awhile I will try it again and like it. I am happy that I did.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by julia75

Living in Europe I orderd this product through a friend that was going to NY for holidays. Can´t believe I spent so much money on a …. shower gel! When it comes to the scent it´s so weak that I wonder if it stayed put in the States..?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Josephene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one I always come back to. It is soft, feminine, not overly drying and not overly pricey. The fragrance is pretty, not overpowering and smells differently on everyone. I love this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently received the AG shower gel & body emulsion duo (it was the TSV on QVC.) I knew before ordering that the shower gel contained sodium laureth sulfate (SLS) as the 2nd ingredient, but after hearing CC rave on about how great the silk & milk proteins were, I thought I’d give this product a chance.
It was SO drying to my skin, and I live in New Orleans, where it is SUPER HUMID and I don’t have dry skin to begin with.

Why do you suppose that such a high-end, skin-focused brand wouldn’t phase out using this drying ingredient? I had to go back to my drugstore shower creams & gels, which cost MUCH less and don’t contain SLS.

I've kept the shower gel to use as a laundry detergent (works great on towels & sheets) and I love the body emulsion, so I guess it wasn't a total loss. But I will NOT repurchase the shower gel in its current formulation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am a fan of the Amazing Grace line from Philosophy and I love the scent. However, the scent doesn't last long on my skin - I find that only the body emulsion lasts longer. This didn't make my hair to have tankles even I didn't use a conditioner with it when I was on a trip. The only problem I have is that I need to use quite a lot of product to generate enough lather to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent. It's so addictive. It is a little pricey for a shower gel/bubble bath (I personally am not interested in using it as a shampoo), so that is a turn-off for me and I rarely buy it. However, I decided to check out the QVC prices on it and ran across a special deal where I got the super-sized 32 oz. bottle of this, along with the 32 oz. bottle of the perfumed body emoulsion lotion (which is my HG body lotion) for only $50 for both That is a steal!!! And the super-sized bottles come in the nice big pumps, so it's easy to use the right amount and not be wasteful. Anyway, so for anyone who loves this, but doesn't love the price, keep an eye on QVC specials.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by junerose000

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is advertised as a 3 in 1. I would not use it again as a shampoo. It left my hair dry and coarse. As a shower gel, it was fine, but the scent was very faint on my skin after rinsing and drying. Since I love the scent of Amazing Grace, I would buy the body cream next time to do the layering thing with my perfume oil instead of this 3 in 1.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2008 7:10:00 AM More reviews by princessw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it smells wonderful on me and the scent lasts quite some time. i smell like a newborn baby everytime i use this. my only grouse is it doesn't quite foam enough. if you like foamy shower gels, you may not like this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by gellypop

This product sucks! I don't know why some people say that the scent lingers... because it does NOT! Also, the shampoo leaves my hair icky. There's no way I can just shampoo and go. It needs conditioner. I will write a review for the conditioner under "conditioner". This is way too expensive for the quality. Stick with the good old cheaper shampoos like suave or herbal essence. More bang for the buck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let's start with the scent - Pure, pink, pearly Amazing Grace. A slight mood upper and a wonderful, feminine bath, morning or night. It's definitely clean, fresh, and sweet, and very, very "girly", though not really floral. Men love this on me and I've gotten compliments from women too. It is what you need if you don't want a major fragrance, just something to lift you up and make you feel fresh, flirty and "together" throughout the day.
I've been through several bottles of the 3-in-1, and the scent strength varies. Stronger is definitely better, and I'm lucky enough to have received a very strong 32-oz. bottle for ~$20 with a past QVC special. Sometimes I've gotten weak bottles, and those are more disappointing smell-wise, but still have a great formula.

Now, the formula - I am someone who truly uses it as a shampoo, bubble bath, AND shower gel - I live and breathe it, basically - and I love it for all three. The gel has a great color and texture to match the fragrance and the feel. It produces a beautiful amount of lather. If you add it to your bath before water, right under the faucet, you can get massive bubbles, too. Rubbing it onto your skin, it is great for all-purpose cleansing and as shaving gel in a pinch.
And I truly love this for hair. Yes, I've tried "real" shampoos at all price points, but I keep coming back to this. In conjunction with the matching AG conditioner, this makes my fine, thin, straight, damaged, virgin, medium-long hair ultra-silky and manageable, if not exactly volumized. If I use the two, I can count on a pretty darn good hair day. (Not to pimp the conditioner, but it is REALLY good for heavy-duty detangling--however with this shampoo, the 'dish truly shines.)
As for lingering scent and moisture-you do get some of each, and skin is left silky rather than dry/tight. I do think the scent lasts, albeit subtly, in the hair, and even lasts a bit on the body (and towels, etc.) But I do recommend layering with at least the Emulsion if you want all-day fragrance and superior hydration.
Anyway, if you've never tried anything Philosophy or Amazing Grace, I'd recommend starting with the AG shower gel or AG emulsion, as they give you a little bit of skincare, haircare and fragrance. The downside with the gel is that you're taking a gamble--some bottles really are barely scented. But it's worth it to get a great one.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No