April 25, 2014 | 940 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by skimcap

I really like this for touch ups during the day because it reduces the shine without really adding more product onto the face because no matter how mattifying a foundation, your face will get shiny after a couple of hours. I thought I would be a Light considering my skin tone but I found that Medium Dark was actually a better match because light was so pinky and this shade is more yellow and because it is actually more transulcent its just the name. This a staple in my handbag for a long time

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by dapich

These days I prefer a more luminous finish so I don't use this much anymore. I use to go through a compact quickly as I used to have oily skin although I have never had serious acne. This product does what it should do and keeps your skin matte. Lately I feel like it gives too much of a dry and dull look. Also I have used the color dark in the past which was a better match for my nc44 skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by ARIEL17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this product and it helps really well with my oily skin. I just blot a bit of powder and takes away my shine! Instead of using those clean and clear wipes to take of my oil, (which get expensive because i use them alot), i use this when im wearing makeup! it works great, and i recommend this for oily skin people!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by LizzieLiz

I am very impressed with this product. If I buff it into my face, it lasts a lot longer than if I simply apply it with a powder brush.
I have oily combination skin and generally it is shiny within a few hours (as in, 3 or 4 to be honest) after washing, regardless of whether I wear makeup or not.
However, I feel like this powder really minimises it and should be very transparent as long as you have the right colour match.
I will keep re-purchasing this, unless I find something better which I so far have not!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must say I love this pressed blot powder. I've been using this for about a year and I think it's the best Mac purchase I've made. I have a super oily T-zone so I have to freshen up my face during the day so I don't look like I have a bucket of oil on my face. I previously tried Urban Decay's De-slick mattifying powder which is a white powder in the compact and is $29! It turned my face white and you didn't look natural. It doesn't compare to this blot powder and is cheaper($22)! This has become a staple in my makeup bag, so oily girls out there I highly recommend this to you, makes you look re-freshened and of course takes all the oilys out of your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by xxchinadoll

I get oily pretty fast so I decided to give this a try. It works really well to tone down the oil on my face but if I'm out for the whole day, I still need to use my blotting tissues because this just feels like its building up on my face. Overall, its a great product that I always have with me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by chiodokeller

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: I've been using this product every day for awhile now, and I think it's time to update my review. This product is a disappointment to me. I feel that the color is a little light for my complexion, even though I am a light/medium skin tone. Also, the oil starts on my forehead within 2 hours of applying this product. I still think that this product makes my skin appear dry. I will not repurchase.

ORIGINAL RATING: I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now. I have T zone oiliness, and this seems to help. $22.00 at the MAC store. I think this will last a very long time, because it is finely milled. I am using a Sephora brush with it. The only drawback: It seems to look very dry on my skin. I don't know if anyone else notices it, but I do. I said that I would repurchase, but now I'm not too sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

NC25/C3, I have used this in Light, Medium, Medium-Dark.
I think color wise, Medium-Dark suits me the most, but its virtually translucent.
I have super oily skin and I have to say this is my staple. It isn't my HG or anything, but it is staple that I have to have everyday. I've used loose blot in Light, Pressed Blots in Light, Medium, and Medium/Dark, but seriously all of them are just transparent on my NC25/C3, EDM Winged Butter/Butter Tan skintone. I will be ordering 4 more Medium Blot tomoro for FF sale :) I use blot powder w/ MAC leatherette puff (the one that comes with MAC Sheer pressed powder, but you can buy it separately $6.00 for pack of 2. MAC site say it's non-washable, but it is and it last for whole pressed blot until you see the pan)
I like to use blot powder instead of using blotting paper, just gives powdery-matte look without actually feeling dry. If you prefer non-powdery, dewy look, this powder isn't for you.

I ordered 2 light and 2 medium color for FF. Even though it appears translucent on me, why not have 2 options when I wear it :D

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by dopista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Matches my NC 42 skin tone perfectly. I use a 182 buffer brush to buff this mainly on my nose and chin since they get pretty oily especially during night outs. I find this works very well for my skin and I don't need to use blotting paper at all when using this. However, I tend to avoid using this unless there are lots of pictures going to be taken since I feel this clogs my pores. I always make sure to cleanse my skin well after wearing this just in case! I would not repurchase as I use only very little product and will not run out for a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder that stays true to my color and doesn't make me look pale or too dark or cakey. I apply this with a large brush rather than the little pad it comes with unless I'm doing a touch up, then I dab it on. It does control my shine very well so that late in the day it actually just looks like I have a nice healthy glow rather than oil on my face. Sometimes I set this with MAC Fix + after brushing it on and it looks wonderful like that too. I have heard people say that MAC clogs their pores but I haven't found that to be true.