Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

on 2/1/2012 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was hoping that this product would work for me, but I got a couple of zits in the process. I was surprised to of had that affect from this product. I used it wet and felt that it went on ok, but made my skin feel tight at first as soon as it dried it evened out well and was smooth. The coverage was great and lasted for about 8 hours. I am pretty disappointed that this irritated my skin as I did like it. I have sensitive acne prone skin and do have a hard time finding foundation that won't irritate my skin. :-(

on 1/30/2012 3:41:00 PM

This is a really, really nice powder. It has a creamy, finely milled texture. I tried it wet with the sponge that came with it - awesome. I have been using it as a setting powder and it adds an extra layer of coverage that makes everything look even and smooth. It is pretty transfer resistant and lasts. It has not been the least bit drying.

It beats everything else I have sampled lately from Laura Mercier to Estee Lauder and I believe it is better than the Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation I used once upon a time. The best part is the price. The color selection is super limited. I have a have this in Cypress Beige and feel it is a hair dark but as least I don't look washed out. I have only been using this a few days and unless it breaks me out I will continue to purchase. The quality is astounding regardless of the price but it is this type of product that makes me think I should be able to find an amazing foundation without spending upwards of $40.

on 1/26/2012 1:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product simply did nothing for me. I really wanted to love it, especially after these amazing MUA reviews but I was unable to finish even one pan of this product. The consistency of this powder is strange and cakey for me, and as others have said doesn't serve that well as a foundation powder. As a setting powder it's alright but I don't think I'll be repurchasing this anytime soon.

on 1/25/2012 11:48:00 PM

I have barely used this product, but it looks wonderful so far. The main reason I'm writing this review now, so early in the product's initiation into my routine, is the exceptionally misleading reviews below.

Two MUAers have commented that the size of this powder foundation is smaller than most, and imply that either Palladio or Sally's is trying to pull one over on you.'

lol. No, those reviewers are doing bad math. I think they are comparing grams and ounces, but I'm not 100%

Philosophy Supernatural is .33 oz, Maybelline Minerals are .28 oz, AHAVA minerals are .30 oz, etc., etc.

All compare in size to Palladio's .28 oz. Let the purveyors of bad math and crushers of drugstore makeup dreams be silenced.

Onward my beauties, onward.

on 1/22/2012 12:47:00 AM

Love, love, love this powder! Been using this for about 3 yrs now. Coverage is absolutely perfect! I used to put concealer, but with this powder, you can just apply it on and you're good to go. Doesn't cake, and doesn't make me break out,too. I normally don't break out but whenever I get a pimple or two, this seems to make it go away much faster! This is waaaayyy better than MAC and all the other high end foundations I've tried.

on 1/7/2012 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Ok, I really like this powder foundation as a setting powder, it doesn't provide enough coverage as a foundation on my 50 year old, aging skin. I use this over whatever liquid foundation I'm using at the time ( I like to experiment and switch around alot) but I never switch around my setting powder, I'm too happy with this one. Not only does it set my foundation, it adds an extra layer of coverage and makes my makeup stay on all day. The color I use is cypress beige and it's a perfect match for my light/medium skin tone. As another reviewer stated, if you use it dry, use a flat top kabuki style brush, the puff that it comes with is pretty useless. It doesn't dry out my already dry skin and it stays on for hours without a weird color change. The packaging is sturdy and looks like a department store product. Highly recommend!

on 1/7/2012 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I picked this up at Ulta after reading the MUA reviews, and, after trying it the first time with the included sponge, was not impressed. So, I put it in the MU graveyard, and forgot about it. Several months later, in an effort to stick to a no-buy, I busted this guy out and tried again. This time, however, magical. The difference? My Sonia Kashuk flat top brush, and my Smashbox foundation brush. What a difference! Smooth, even coverage, and a velvety, radiant finish. I could kick myself for not experimenting sooner! And, best part, it lasted for a whole day! I have learned a few things about this foundation, which I have in Cypress Beige. First, use brushes. I use the foundation brush along my t-zone and in spots where I need more coverage, and then use the flat top to buff in all over the rest of my face. Second, I don't like this with a primer, but over my lotion+sunscreen. It looks too dry over a primer. Third, I need to skip the bronzer with this foundation--it leaves the finish too dark/orangey/odd, due to the slight bronzey/orangey cast of the product to begin with. Lastly, a finishing powder isn't really necessary, despite my oily tendancies...at least not until later in the day. I have yet to try this wet, since I'm so taken with my current strategy. Solid product with a great price point, which makes a polished face relatively effortless relatively quickly.

This product is absolutely amazing!! I recently picked this up at sallys beauty supply for around 9 dollars. I apply with my elf powder brush and I have applied this wet and dry. I love the coverage for my Nc 25-30 skin color I use Cypress beige. It matches my skin tone perfectly and the coverage is amazing. My skin feels and looks flawless, I keep finding myself staring in the mirror, my skin has never looked better. I have used mac studio fix and recommend this product over the mac one. I love it. Definitely worth a try, you won't regret it!

on 12/19/2011 2:20:00 AM

This is my go to powder foundation! I have been using this a year and it doesn't break my skin out, it doesn't make my face feel like its being choked either. I have pretty clear skin that is acne prone and sensitive. If something irritates my face, it will let me know by freaking out and breaking out all over! This makes my skin look flawless. Even tho its a powder, it does not dry my skin out. it might look powdery the first few mins you put it on and then it just becomes one with your skin and looks awesome.

Using it wet for maximum coverage is tricky. wetting the spong and then going in directly in the pan makes the next time using it a pain in the behind. it gets all hard and almost starts to look grayish. So i dont directly add the water to the sponge and then to the pan. What i find that works best is putting a layer on with a dry sponge how you normally apply it, then using a spray bottle with just plain water, spray your face, then add another layer on top. keep doing that til you reached the level of coverage that you want. this way you dont have to wet the foundation itself in the pan causing it to get all hard to use next time.

anyways, i dont know what i would do without this powder, this is HG for me. i think its even better than MAC studio fix powder, i have that but i like this one alot more. =]

on 12/13/2011 12:07:00 AM

I am far from a beauty product snob, but I would never think to buy makeup from Sally's. I buy lots of stuff there, but that'd never be it. However this is a damn good foundation. For one thing, the color "laurel nude" is a great match for my cool toned skin, I'm pretty pale but not white and it isn't too pale for me, nor too dark, and it's actually cool toned! When you have as cool skin as mine you have to fight tooth and nail to find anything that matches acceptably. I can't comment on wet, I've only applied it dry with my ELF studio flat top powder brush. Applying this dry, don't expect heavy coverage - it's great for people who want a natural, lighter foundation look like I do. It even wears gracefully on my oily areas (however I've noticed if you put on too much it doesn't wear nearly as well). Oh, and it doesn't sit on top of your skin and make you look chalky. Just even toned, your skin but way better. It's really a great powder. I'm on my 4th repurchase.