November 21, 2014 | 1739 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lady Danger

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by soups12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been in search for the perfect orangeish red forever. This is it! This is not for the faint hearted, it is ridiculously bright. So if you're not into the super duper bright lip, give this one a miss. I'm a NC40 and it looks gorgeous against my complexion. Lady danger is a matte finish but highly moisturising and has great staying power. I would definitely recommend this lipstick! So glad I stumbled across this gem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Lady Danger might just be my new favorite lipstick. I basically only own bright lipsticks, as I'm too lazy to fool around with complicated eye makeup for the daytime so a bright lip is my preferred face accessory. In the tube, Lady Danger is a full intensity, super vibrant orange-red. On my medium-tan (NC35 in MAC foundation) Asian skin, it translates as mostly bright orange with just enough red so that it's not a true orange. Because Lady Danger contains such a hefty dose of orange, those with cool undertones in their skin might want to try it on before purchasing. I much prefer matte lipsticks to glossy ones, so I loved this formula (while it doesn't add moisture to my lips, it doesn't draw out any either), but I can see how this could be drying to those who are used to creamier lipsticks. I always make sure to moisturize and exfoliate my lips before using Lady Danger for a smooth application. As a smoker, it's extremely important for my lipsticks to be long-wearing and not to fade unevenly, and Lady Danger fulfills both of those requirements--it doesn't start fading until the 5th hour after application! My favorite way to wear Lady Danger is with a bold brow, huge lashes, a wash of gold or bronze eyeshadow, and a peach or coral blush.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by hummiemd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This looks like an orange nightmare on me.
It definitely did not agree with my skin tone.
Make sure to try this on in-store before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by normaestrada19

Love the name, love the wear, love the color...oh heck, I love everything about this lipstick. Lady Danger is such a statement lipstick that it can almost be considered an accessory as much as a lipstick. On me this is a full on true orange, coral lipstick. There is red in it but on my lips it's almost orangey coral. I think this is due to almost zero pigmentation on my lips. This will brighten your whole look and it will have people stopping you and asking what lipstick you are wearing. Oh, and how I love saying "I'm wearing Lady Danger". I am having somewhat of a love affair with matte lipsticks. I normally never can wear this finish due to my super dry lips, but with the MAC Prep + Prime lip treatment, mattes have found a place in my heart. Just make sure to wear a lip balm over the primer and underneath the lipstick as mattes can be extra drying. Who wants to have cracked and dried looking lips with such a beautiful color such as this? Not me. Ladies you can also use this as a base to make your blushes last longer. I'm an oily girl who needs extra staying power when it comes to her makeup, and this just gives extra staying power. I'm soooo happy I met you Lady Danger :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you're obsessed with THAT color — you know, the fashion-forward one that's featured in every J.Crew catalogue and runway model — then this is for you. It's a very of-the-moment red-orange that's extremely bold (or sort of subtle, depending how you apply it). One swipe across my lips and the matte formula seriously pops. However, If you mix it with a little Carmex and apply with a brush, it's not as bold. I think it's flattering for most complexions and instantly adds a little "cool" to your look. It's so chic that Harper's Bazaar editor and street style icon Joanna Hillman has said she ONLY uses this color (Google her and you'll see how awesome it is).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by ttyn

Great shade, excellent for almost all complexions. This lip stick has great staying power and is a classic red with a hint of orange. I love that its matt as well.

A must have for everyones collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by katrinaviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would never have thought I would be able to pull off red-orange lipstick, since I tend to look best in reds with cooler/blue undertones. However, my friend pushed me to try this and I am so glad she did. I love this lipstick. It is cool, sexy, and makes you feel pretty darn fashionable. It is nice enough to wear out but laidback enough to wear during the day, in my opinion. Unfortunately, one major drawback for me is that it is super drying on my lips and gets all crusty and chunky after awhile. I don't know if I just got a bad tube or what, because several people seem to find it quite moisturizing. Love it anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by xryuusei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I debated for the longest time that I needed a red lipstick, so off I went to a MAC counter. While I was there, a MAC associate was kind enough to pull out several different shades for me to try. I asked to try Ruby Woo and Russian Red since I’ve heard so many good things about them, but he recommended something else. He handed me MAC Lady Danger, and I almost did not want to try it because it’s (1) matte, (2) bright, and (3) has an orange-y undertone. He was quite insistent that I give it a try in a nice way. It wasn’t a “Wow! I have to get it right now!” with the lipstick unfortunately and I went back to try Russian Red. But it was after trying on Russian Red that I realized how beautiful Lady Danger looked on me. Russian Red made me look old, but Lady Danger has that youthfulness in a red lipstick. Also, it is apparently one of the top 3 red lipsticks from MAC, but the only one that always sells out.

Lady Danger looks amazing on neutral eye looks (think browns, beige, and neutral shades) and simple cat-wing eyes. I haven’t tried it with a smokey look or find a combination that worked for me yet.

As of today, Lady Danger is definitely my favourite. It’s one that I can’t wear all the time, but when I wear it, I feel more confident, “alive”, sassy, and playful! I’m so grateful to the SA for “forcing” me to get this lipstick–It’s those “pushyness” that I appreciated because even though I did not immediately liked it, he introduced a unique shade that he knows will work well with my skintone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by DaynaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A truly beautiful and unique red. It reads red orange, and is redder than my other favorite mac lipstick -- So Chaud. Lady Danger is a big, bold, beautiful color, definitely not for the timid. It's a matte finish, which I generally don't like, but this matte does not dry my lips and stays on for hours. The color brings out the green in my eyes. It's really a beautiful shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

First and foremost, I just want to note before I get on to my review that this was the first purchase from MAC that I've ever made. If you're a MAC veteran, some of the things in this review might be a little...trivial to you.

Anyway, upon receiving this lipstick, the first thing I noticed was how sleek and compact MAC's packaging is. The circumference of this tube is slightly smaller than that of my Revlon lipsticks, who sort of seem rather bulky in comparison. The bullet its self was very defined and sharp, unlike the lower-end lipsticks that I own, who's tapered tip wasn't quite as fine and precise as MAC's.

The color is a gorgeous, torrid, Texas Pete-esque red-orange. In fact, it is the very red-orange lipstick that I have been hunting ruthlessly for months to no avail. On me it is equal parts red and orange, which for whatever reason seems ridiculously hard to find in drugstore lipsticks. In those, one color always seems to dominate the other. With Lady Danger, both colors are easily perceptible. It's exactly what I wanted.

Texture wise, Lady Danger is mind-blowingly vivid and matte without being even remotely chalky feeling or dry on my lips. It's a breeze to apply both from the tube and with a lip brush. I find that it takes fewer swipes across Lady Danger to deposit color on my brush than it does with other lipsticks. It's smooth but doesn't appear to slip around or streak at all during application. There's also no real needed to build this up for opacity as a result. Lady Danger's matte formula doesn't feel heavy on the lips at all but I DO find that it seems to wear in the corners of my mouth and while I'm eating faster and slightly more easily than my other lipsticks do. Needless to say, it transfers a bit more than even my other lower-end matte lipsticks do. It's still safe for kissing and eating, but it will need to be touched up more than say a thicker formula matte (like Revlon's) would. I guess that's just a sacrifice you have to make to keep from feeling like you've got a pound of lipstick weighing down your lips. Other than that, I think that this lipstick's general quality dominates my others just a little more.

If you've been on a seemingly wild goose chase for that perfect, fiery red-orange shade, Lady Danger might be for you. Honestly, if you're afraid of going higher-end, I'll have you know that Lady Danger is worth less than what you'll pay attempting to find a shade in the drugstore like it.
Trust me, I know.
Lady Danger is a devilishly sexy, no-nonsense type of shade that is (rather unanimously) not for the more timid or natural kind of girl. It's a bold hue that requires a certain amount of attitude and is a shade that practically commands attention. Go on, be a vixen.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No