August 23, 2014 | 1127 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Eau De Charlotte

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2004 10:53:00 AM More reviews by kar120c

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have worn this perfume for about five years and I find that everytime I wear it I feel so very feminine. It is a lovely, light fruity scent. My favorite Annick Goutal fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2004 11:46:00 PM More reviews by AnyaCondor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At some point I blew out a barrel of moldy pennies to buy a bottle of this, and completely missed the point of it, thinking it a green summery sniff that really wasn't my bag necessarily, in my unmolded coppery youth. That said, I liked it quite a bit as an interesting composition, without realizing just what it was supposed to bring to mind. I just wore it daily, sometimes with Lycra leggings and sometimes with black leather and never bought it again. Later, in my mildewy recent days, I decided to have another go with it, only to be told that it was no longer available in the US, and any that was carried here was old and cranky, as it was now only sold in the Parisian boutique. To this I offer the fact that I located it at a department store, or at least a tester of it, perhaps orphaned and on a hobo trail around a mirror with ten other mirror-image bottles. Still, it was worth trying it again, for in my mind I discerned it as a green summer scent and this is precisely what I feel I lack at the moment, along with common sense. On it went, lavishly, and a moment of total surprise: This is NOT the Eau de Charlotte I remembered. This Charlotte smelled like a light Lolita Lempicka, a watered-down one, with a struggling bud that was never really going to bloom into much before it dropped from the stem, wilted before its time. The licorice accord of it was predominant and since it vanished so utterly it was impossible to say what the rest of it might have been trying to feebly gasp out. I was so surprised by this startling event that I checked the bottle to make sure it didn't say Eau de Camille or Eau de Sud or Eau de Needs Reading Glasses, but it didn't. Eau de Charlotte. This is definitively not the original scent, and has been tampered with and diluted, not that the original had any great fix to it to begin with. Didn't smell worth the bucks, didn't last beyond ten minutes. I am quite puzzled by the likeness to Lolita, which I would recommend purchasing instead. Both of these are a bit too girly-flighty for my incensed tastes, but would undoubtedly suit those in search of a pleasant, somewhat sweet, fresh summer fragrance, purchased in the US or not.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2004 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Araindrop5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Blackberry and cocoa. Hmmm...makes for an interesting combo of notes that had me intrigued. The initial blast seemed kinda jarring at first. But after 15 minutes, it starts smelling yummy. And comforting. It has that your-skin-but-better-comforting-sexy-fruity-baby-powder thing going on. It might even get you strangely hooked to it...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2004 7:06:00 PM More reviews by chelsear

I was finishing off my cream soda and orange crush slurpee the other day, when suddenly it hit me that it smelled exactly like Eau de Charlotte! Great combination, either way.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2004 12:42:00 PM More reviews by marthabkcollins

I had the soao & it was beautiful. I loved it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2004 9:28:00 PM More reviews by mommyofcutie

Give this scent two or more hours to evaluate. I didn't care for this right away, but it did dry down to an elegant-foody scent. I can detect the cocoa/fruit combination, with very little floral undertones. Almost some vanilla to my nose, though that could be the milky note some detect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2004 3:27:00 AM More reviews by desiree_e

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm finally wearing this. I've had it for some time, at first I didn't really like it, and when I started to like it, I never knew when the right time to wear it was. It didn't have a "feeling" like most of my favorites do, depending on weather, etc. Lately, with all the snow, I didn't know what the heck else to wear. So one day I wore Charlotte. I was so taken by her that I've been wearing her almost every day this winter (since there's been snow on the ground).

It IS powdery, but I find it sexy somehow. Not babyish... I have gotten compliments from men on it. Men, in my experience, are never turned on by babies! It has a really interesting slant. It doesn't last long on my flesh but it's permanently a part of my winter coats and scarves (at least until dry-cleaning) and I enjoy it. It smells beautiful and so interesting.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2004 2:14:00 PM More reviews by perfumeslut

Beautiful bottle but that's about it. The review here about it smelling like Johnson & Johnson baby lotion is correct, it does!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2004 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Honoria

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As it wears, it actually smells really powdery on me. I like this fragrance but it is a little too heady and strong for my liking, even in the winter, others, of course may think it's just right for them.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2003 1:58:00 PM More reviews by jacona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After all the reviews here I thought I was going to love this one - the thought of black currant jam and cocoa almost convinced me to buy it unsniffed. I am glad I didn't. Described as a blend of black currant bud, mimosa and cocoa, this was more or less just that, unfortunately for me, the green, herbacious quality of the black currant bud was just too overwhelming - in a bad way. When it finally settled down to something slightly sweet and cocoa powdery, it was many hours later and by then too faint to really appreciate. It was not worth the wait or the suffering through the weedy notes.