Annick Goutal Eau De Charlotte

3.9

on 6/27/2004 12:35:00 PM

I noticed the chocolate notes right away in this. After ten minutes or so that is gone, and what is left is blackberries. Eventually it dried down to a soft powdery aura. It is a very young scent. I'd have loved it when I was twenty-something.

on 6/24/2004 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have worn this perfume for about five years and I find that everytime I wear it I feel so very feminine. It is a lovely, light fruity scent. My favorite Annick Goutal fragrance.

on 6/14/2004 11:46:00 PM

At some point I blew out a barrel of moldy pennies to buy a bottle of this, and completely missed the point of it, thinking it a green summery sniff that really wasn't my bag necessarily, in my unmolded coppery youth. That said, I liked it quite a bit as an interesting composition, without realizing just what it was supposed to bring to mind. I just wore it daily, sometimes with Lycra leggings and sometimes with black leather and never bought it again. Later, in my mildewy recent days, I decided to have another go with it, only to be told that it was no longer available in the US, and any that was carried here was old and cranky, as it was now only sold in the Parisian boutique. To this I offer the fact that I located it at a department store, or at least a tester of it, perhaps orphaned and on a hobo trail around a mirror with ten other mirror-image bottles. Still, it was worth trying it again, for in my mind I discerned it as a green summer scent and this is precisely what I feel I lack at the moment, along with common sense. On it went, lavishly, and a moment of total surprise: This is NOT the Eau de Charlotte I remembered. This Charlotte smelled like a light Lolita Lempicka, a watered-down one, with a struggling bud that was never really going to bloom into much before it dropped from the stem, wilted before its time. The licorice accord of it was predominant and since it vanished so utterly it was impossible to say what the rest of it might have been trying to feebly gasp out. I was so surprised by this startling event that I checked the bottle to make sure it didn't say Eau de Camille or Eau de Sud or Eau de Needs Reading Glasses, but it didn't. Eau de Charlotte. This is definitively not the original scent, and has been tampered with and diluted, not that the original had any great fix to it to begin with. Didn't smell worth the bucks, didn't last beyond ten minutes. I am quite puzzled by the likeness to Lolita, which I would recommend purchasing instead. Both of these are a bit too girly-flighty for my incensed tastes, but would undoubtedly suit those in search of a pleasant, somewhat sweet, fresh summer fragrance, purchased in the US or not.

on 4/30/2004 3:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Blackberry and cocoa. Hmmm...makes for an interesting combo of notes that had me intrigued. The initial blast seemed kinda jarring at first. But after 15 minutes, it starts smelling yummy. And comforting. It has that your-skin-but-better-comforting-sexy-fruity-baby-powder thing going on. It might even get you strangely hooked to it...

on 4/12/2004 7:06:00 PM

I was finishing off my cream soda and orange crush slurpee the other day, when suddenly it hit me that it smelled exactly like Eau de Charlotte! Great combination, either way.

I had the soao & it was beautiful. I loved it.

on 1/31/2004 9:28:00 PM

Give this scent two or more hours to evaluate. I didn't care for this right away, but it did dry down to an elegant-foody scent. I can detect the cocoa/fruit combination, with very little floral undertones. Almost some vanilla to my nose, though that could be the milky note some detect.

on 1/29/2004 3:27:00 AM

I'm finally wearing this. I've had it for some time, at first I didn't really like it, and when I started to like it, I never knew when the right time to wear it was. It didn't have a "feeling" like most of my favorites do, depending on weather, etc. Lately, with all the snow, I didn't know what the heck else to wear. So one day I wore Charlotte. I was so taken by her that I've been wearing her almost every day this winter (since there's been snow on the ground).

It IS powdery, but I find it sexy somehow. Not babyish... I have gotten compliments from men on it. Men, in my experience, are never turned on by babies! It has a really interesting slant. It doesn't last long on my flesh but it's permanently a part of my winter coats and scarves (at least until dry-cleaning) and I enjoy it. It smells beautiful and so interesting.

on 1/13/2004 2:14:00 PM

Beautiful bottle but that's about it. The review here about it smelling like Johnson & Johnson baby lotion is correct, it does!

on 1/1/2004 6:23:00 PM

As it wears, it actually smells really powdery on me. I like this fragrance but it is a little too heady and strong for my liking, even in the winter, others, of course may think it's just right for them.

Popular Fragrances