August 27, 2014 | 1840 users online

Loose Powders - Chantecaille - Loose powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2003 4:30:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this powder in Subtle. (I wear the Chante. Future Skin in Cream.) This loose powder is very easy to use (I usually use the puff to apply and then my big powder brush to even it out). Very nice! Occasionally, I do wish that loose powders were a little neater and more compact, but it's par for the course...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2003 4:19:00 AM More reviews by cupcakes_yum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As i said with my outstanding review of New Stick...my mother almost died when she found out how much i spent on Chantecaille in one go! But it was totally worth it! I used this over New Stick Sand in Ray and it is completly fabulous and flawless. Never cakey, never fake! It kept my oilies at bay even though other's say it doesn't. This product really is outstanding, one of a kind. Again...it's pricy, but i am so over pricy now because i reckon it's your money and if you find something this good-then buy it because you only live once!!! (besides, now that i know my colour i can always find it on eBay or swap-that's another way to justify it :) Yep, this is the one for me!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2003 2:11:00 PM More reviews by traceybelle

This is an extremely fine powder that feels light and silky and barely there on your face. While it provides a more refined look as opposed to just using foundation alone, it won't give you a completely matte finish if that's what you're looking for. I like it because it's translucent and seems to mix with the natural oils on my face throughout the day giving me a natural but even-toned look. Very forgiving if you have a heavy hand like mine, as it doesn't cake on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2003 12:10:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite loose powder right now. I have tried Laura Mercier, Calvin Klein, Christian Dior, and Nars. This one feels light as a feather and is probably the only one that does not cake up around makeup by late in the day. I bought it in New York when my face as very irritated due to first experience with "subway wind" and this helped keep my look polished.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2003 2:32:00 AM More reviews by annelau

Yes, like other ladies said, it is very fine. But set my make up? It doesn't do a good job at all.
One more thing, not easy to control. The package is not very nice or user-friendly.
Other brands, like Paul & Joe, has a 'net' on the loose powder to help you to take just perfect amount for application and yet cheaper.
But this one, far more expensive and you need to buy a brush (Tho I guess most of us have *plenty already) and an ordinary package.
I won't pay that money for a just finer powder. I will go for Paul & Joe, with pretty package and user-friendly applicators.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2003 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Kellyp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this powder. Finally, a powder that didn't leave a chalky, cakey look. It sets my makeup just fine and leaves a soft, translucent finish that makes my skin glow through.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2003 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Chrissy_Wong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my staple item. I love it as it's so sheer, smooth and good quality. The color I am using is Subtle which give me a healthy skin tone. It's pricy but can last for very long time. Definitely will buy this again and again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2003 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Aseretmarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was a nice powder, but not exceptional. It goes on very light which I like, but I didn't feel like it really "set" my foundation. I like Laura Mercier much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2003 6:53:00 PM More reviews by bethra2000

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While this product has a smooth and soft finish it caused my skin to itch terribly and my eyes to water. Instead of talc it contains aluminum starch, which may be the irritant. It wasn't very good at oil-control either.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2003 6:25:00 PM More reviews by jj28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The texture is very fine and goes on smoothly with either a brush or the puff that comes with it. I like that it's talc free and yet can control oil. It's good for setting foundation or on its own too. It is not inexpensive but it works. It does not make my face look caked up and neither does it accentuate the dry spots on my face. The translucent shade isn't too chalky looking. The only reason I won't buy this again would be that I found other loose powders that can work just as well. I might return to this if I don't have something new to try or if I want a talc free loose powder.