October 2, 2014 | 1835 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Barbarella

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2006 7:11:00 AM More reviews by andreat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted this lipstick so badly and today I am using it for the first time. For the moment, I am a little disappointed. I am a NW20 and what I thought would be an elegant, sheen peachy-pink color turned out a coral-peach that looks almost tacky on me. The contrast with my skin tone seems too strong, as if this color does not belong to my natural color family. I managed to minimize the disappoitment by applying the NARS lipgloss Chelsea Girls over it. I achieved a more neutral peach tone,so decided to keep it and come to the office.

However, I am not giving up on Barbarella. I'll try wearing it with other blushes, and even other clothes (I am wearing black today and maybe the cheerful lipstick shade did not match the serious office blouse. I'll update this review after doing further testings.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2006 6:18:00 AM More reviews by sandrabati

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous peach nude lipstick on me. It is just wonderful, so very understated and elegant. I am new to wearing make-up and I find this very foolproof to use and apply. I can wear this w/out any other makeup and it just looks great, very natural looking, and that's just how I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2006 10:58:00 PM More reviews by JennaX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very pretty & summery matte warm peach with a hint of pink. Very versatile and can be layered with other lipsticks or glosses for a great variety of looks. I seem to be using my tube a lot more than I thought I would.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2006 7:25:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i have found the perfect light peach lipstick. i like lipsticks to light up my face a bit, rather than just look 'normal'. this was gorgeous. went on semi-matt slightly sheeny wow....well it was wow for about 15 mins anyway!!! then the sheen disappeared and i was left with matte dry lips...this REALLY dries my lips out which is why i took 2 lippies off. i will try this with some clear gloss over the top and see if that helps otherwise i dont care how great the colour is if this is drying my lips out so much i will look for another brand

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by burningembers20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovely summer shade! Barbarella is the perfect peach lippee. It also works for me when I want to do the nude lip look. My lips are very pigmented and usually most nude lippees make me look ick! But this one manages to make my lips look fuller. Yay Nars...I only wish the lipsticks had more product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2006 6:29:00 AM More reviews by Lucrecia

This is a true peach lipstick that is so hard to find. Most other peachy lipsticks are coral or metallic orange, however, Barbarella is a creamy peach with no pink in it. I was worrying that it would be too pale for my NC 20 complexion. On the lips it looks great for a nude and understated lips look. I think that this will look great with softly smoked eyes.The colour is definitely lighter than my lips but it works to make them look bigger. The texture is divine, sheer yet pigmented. The finish is semi-matte, I find that it works best when I first apply lip balm and then wipe off then top with this lipsticks. The staying power is above average due to its semi-matte finish. When topped with a gloss, this light peach colour really makes my lips look full and pouty.This lipstick goes well with peachy blushes, bronzers, and brown blushes. Will purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2006 7:07:00 PM More reviews by kuchkanev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

pretty peach color... too bad it smells so bad that it can't be worn...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2006 8:33:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Matte, pale peach. Very pretty color, but too light for my taste. I prefer a bit more pigment in my lipsticks. I like NARS Morocco and Casablanca lipsticks better ... they are more pigmented, warmer, richer, deeper peach colors. But if you are looking for a pretty PALE peach lipstick, then I think you will like Barbarella a lot. It is moist and longlasting too. :) _____UPDATE______ (5-13-06) I have changed my mind. I like Barbarella more than I thought I did, and I use it more than I thought I would. I like to wear Barbarella with NARS Giza Lipgloss or NARS Lolita lipstick layered over top. So I have upped my rating from 4 lippies to 5 lippies. I seem to be wearing Barbarella almost everyday now, layered under Giza or Lolita, and it looks so pretty - like the perfect peach lipcolor. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2006 12:22:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

"Barbarella" is a light, creamy peach-toned pink (leaning slightly more towards pink, but still mostly balanced between the two) with no shimmer and a satiny/slightly glossy finish. It could work as a "nude" for a fair, pink-toned blonde person. Or for someone going for a '50s housewife/Dream of Genie sorta look. However, it's a little too pink, a little too Malibu Stacy on me (LLL/AAB). I much prefer Belle du Jour for a nude lip (it's like Barbarella but minus the hint of pinkness). But the pigmentation, texture, etc. are superior. NARS lipsticks are high-quality and generally very wearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2006 11:29:00 PM More reviews by LauraChantel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love NARS lipsticks, they keep my lips moist, yet they do not easily displace. I'm NC25 (Neutral), Green Eyed Brunette with lightly pigmented lips, and Barbarella is a lovely peach on me. I like to apply NARS l/s with a lip brush and then lightly tap it into my lips using my fingers instead of rubbing my lips together. It really makes this a beautiful matte shade, but it also looks pretty with gloss on top. If you like MAC VGII, but think it would look nice a bit warmer and peacher, then try Barbarella :)