Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride.

on 3/26/2009 8:04:00 PM

My hands are incredibly dry in the winter and this stuff saves them. I use it in the summer too because it is truly non greasy! I love how it makes my hands feel like they're moisturized without having stuck them in an oil well. But the only thing is, as someone mentioned, this product does pill off my hands sometimes depending on how dry they are. I personally don't mind this, because I just keep using more every 20 minutes or so when my hands get that dry and they become fine. However, the cost is also a bit much. For $10 for a little tube that does not last that long, it is stretching the wallet. But I think its worth it.

on 3/24/2009 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion from Wal's Pharmacy here in Australia and received this hand cream for free. Most hand creams I have tried either have too strong of a scent, take too long to sink in or only provide moisture for a short period of time. Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream is fragrance free, sinks in in a short amount of time and provides my hands lasting moisture that lasts through hand washing.
I very highly recommend this hand cream, I just wish the tube wasn't so bulky though.

Ingredients:

Product description from the Aveeno website:
This unique, non-greasy hand cream is specially formulated with natural oatmeal and rich emollients to help heal dry skin and form a protective glove against the elements. Unlike ordinary hand creams, Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream protects and moisturizes skin for 24 hours and even lasts through hand washing.

on 3/12/2009 9:44:00 AM

This is my HG hand cream. It is this and creamy but absorbs quickly. My hands are instantly transformed into being soft and supple. It is the only thing that works for my mom too who has ezecma on her hands...definetely worth buying!

on 3/12/2009 5:12:00 AM

Doesn't leave a sticky residue behind, sinks in quickly, no funny smells.
And skin stays moisturised even after washing.

on 3/10/2009 11:04:00 AM

My hands get extremely dry, crack, and bleed in the Winter. This lotion is easily applied without the greasy residue after. I'm a SRNA so I am constantly washing my hands and this lotion does hold up through a few hand washes.

Overall: unscented, no grease, applies easily, lasts through hand washing, and works!

on 3/10/2009 10:58:00 AM

Product - I've got awfully dry hands and hate greasy lotions - probably as does every reviewer of this product, duh :) I need something year-round to prevent the unsightly dry white lines on my hands and, especially in winter, to keep my dry hands from developing painful cracks. I'm a relatively recent convert to Aveeno products, so figured I ought to give this stuff a try. Awesome stuff. NO GREASY FEELING. Soaks in better and faster than most hand lotions I've tried, and it immediately makes my hands feel better. Not too runny (doesn't run or drip off), but not too thick either - easy to spread and work into the skin. Lasts a while but obviously if I wash my hands frequently I need to reapply. Minimal scent.

Comparisons - Not as thick or greasy-feeling as Neutrogena's Hand Cream Norweigan formula, which was my previous hand lotion of choice.

Packaging - Soft tube with secure (but simple to open) flip top cap with small-medium tip. The tip is just the right size, I never accidentally squeeze out more than I want.

Overall - Another HG from Aveeno!
continued >>

on 2/16/2009 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this hand cream! It does not live up to its 24-hour claim but it does last most of the day. I keep a tube on my desk at work, and each morning when I get into work my hands are pretty dry (I never remember to use moisturizer at home after I finish doing my hair and makeup!) I apply some every morning, and it soaks in quickly, allowing me to use my keyboard without getting it greasy. My hands normally stay moisturized (or at least "not dry" if that makes sense) until sometime during the evening when I finally reapply moisturizer again. I also love the fact that it is fragrance free, since many synthetic fragrances bother my allergies. This lotion still has a slight scent but it's only from the natural ingredients, not an added fragrance. The scent quickly fades after application.

Granted, I do have an office job that does not require constant hand-washing or lots of time spent outdoors, but this hand cream works great for me!

My only complaint is that it's pretty pricey for a drugstore product -- around $6 for a small tube. Other Aveeno products are much less expensive per ounce, but so far I haven't found another one that I like as much as this hand cream.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This stuff has saved my hands. I am a dog groomer and wash my hands constantly. This cream is very light. Kinda feels like rubbing water on your hands. It does have a slight odor to it, but it doesn't last long enough to bother me. This stuff is great for anyone who hates that creamy/greasy feeling of other hand creams. LOVE IT

So, this hand cream applies all right but I find it seems to actually have a strange odour.

It may not work so well for cuticles as others say, but theres cuticle oil out there for a reason, you know.

I've had great results using this twice a day (morning and evening). Normally my hands get really chapped in the winter but I haven't had any problems at all yet. It's fragrance-free which I love. It lasts through a couple hand washings, sure. It doesn't live up to the 24 hour claim but honestly, I wasn't expecting that. For me, this works amazingly well - I just have to apply it a little bit more often, especially before going outside.

Popular Lotions / Creams