October 21, 2014 | 2054 users online

Eyeliner - Laura Mercier - Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2005 9:33:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Product Description: A cake eye liner that stays-on longer and defines the eyes without smudging. Use a damp eyeliner brush to create a range of looks.
On Me:Packaging is crap. the mirror is so small, it wouldnt help if you are tightlining + its so bulky for such a small amount of product & the push clip button drives me nuts! but the product more than make up for all these problems...
been looking for an eyeliner that will stay on my oily lids for the longest time & i can say i have found it! + this really defines your eyes & yet makes it look so natural as if your eyes look so gorgeous cos its the genes...now if only my stupid lashes would co-operate so that they curl too...then this would be the perfect combination of sexy, to die for & yet natural eye look...if that makes sense. this blue is the perfect navy blue i have been looking for!no aqua tinge or green tinge, just plain dark navy that works so well! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2005 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Cake liners from LM are excellent especially for tightlining, LM eye liner technique. Its a way of lining the eyes where you wiggle the color between the lash roots and waterline on the upper lids. Really defines eyes without looking madeup. There is a great application technique for this on emakemeup.com under Laura Mercier reviews. The cake liner is really the best way to do. Mix the cake liner with water into a watery paste and it works beatifully. I picked up Bleu Marine, a dark matte navy. Works nicely with my brown eyes. This also lasts all day without smudging on the top and bottom and I just mix it with water. Comes in a boring brown compact but a nice product over all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2005 3:03:00 PM More reviews by thuydoan

My friend did my eyes for a wedding with this stuff and I love it! I got the Bleu Marine and the flat liner brush and it really makes my brown eyes look much wider. It makes you look like you have naturally lush lashes. I'm not really good with liner, but I just dot it at the base of my eyelash, then I put a bit on my eye lid. I finish by lining my eyes with Urban Decay's glittery eyeliner. My eyes sparkle like crazy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2005 7:30:00 PM More reviews by doodlebop

Thank you all for recommending this eyeliner! I love this color. It is subtle and sort of "neutral", but it sure does make your eyes pop. I have greenish blue eyes, pale skin and I never feel comfortable in black eyeliner, so this is a nice alternative. It wears well throughout the day too. I'm thinking this might be my HG eyeliner now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2005 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Stacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had several LM makeovers, and the MA's almost always use Bleu Marine Cake Liner on my blue eyes. I've just never purchased it. I finally did, and I now wear it all the time. It's a very dark navy blue that looks almost black, without being harsh against my light coloring. The blue shade makes my eyes pop like few other eyeliners have. To top it off, Cake Liner is super easy to apply (I use LM's eyeliner brush) and lasts all day long. I will definitely repurchase it, although I'm sure the pot I have will last a really long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2004 10:05:00 PM More reviews by HeavenlyDivine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this liner based on rec from the makeup board. Wow, this is an amazing liner. I think this is even better than Bobby Brown's gel liner which has been a stable in my makeup bag. The Blue Marine is a beautiful color. It does not seem like blue at all; but rather, a dark grey which I have been searching for. Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2004 1:18:00 PM More reviews by jodiebk

i am writing the same review for all 4 of laura mercier's cake eyeliners. they are amazing. perfect. DEFINITE holy grail items. i have the oiliest eyelids ever--- no other eyeliner on the planet has stood up to my oily lids. i put this stuff on in the a.m., and at 10:00 at night it's still there, as perfect looking as it was at 7:00 a.m. the eyeliner brush is awesome, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2004 7:40:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

I actually love the finish this eyeliner gives. It sort of polished but very natural, not garish! The blue marine is not what I expected, the colour is more toward black instead of navy blue in mascara. My trial with the flat brush is not satisfying, it's easier to use the bobbi brown pointed liner brush. I take one lippie off because the staying power for my underneeth lashes are very poor and I don't even have oily eyelids...maybe if I don't apply it with so much water it'd stay put...anyway I'd love to try some of gel liner from BB and see if that one have more staying power!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2004 4:07:00 PM More reviews by pamelabova

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

looks fresh and stays put all day! even using every day this has lasted over a year. well worth the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2004 7:34:00 PM More reviews by karenina

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This isn't the easiest product in the world to use--soft pencils are much easier--but with a steady hand, you can get a clean, fine line that defines the eye and looks really wonderful. The deep blue looks great with my green/gold eyes and I think one pan will last the rest of my life so the cost doesn't really matter!