Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine

4.6

NEW INGREDIENTS: Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Alumina, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol. May Contain ( /-): CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7799 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide). OLD INGREDIENTS: Talc, Propylene Glycol, PVP/PA Copolymer, DEA-C8-18 Perfluoroalkylethyl Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491). May contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 1/18/2006 10:44:00 PM

I have three of the cake liners and Bleu Marine is my favorite. I was never able to get what I wanted from eyeliner till I found these. I use some saline and the flat eyeliner brush to push the color into the base of my lashes and the definition is amazing and lasts all day. As usual it's a LM product that is well worth the price. Beautiful inky blue for my green eyes.

on 1/1/2006 2:45:00 PM

This is a great product from a great line. I use this almost daily with the LM flat eyeliner brush. The LM brush makes this liner go on almost effortlessly and in a precise line. Before the makeup artist at Saks used this product on my eyes, I had been very afraid of cake eyeliner but now I don't think I will go back to my former Lancome pencil again. I am a ppp with blue eyes and this liner makes my eyes stand out beautifully. The liner lasts quite a while and the brush allows you to apply just the amount you would like. Dab any excess on the back of your hand while working on your eyes. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.

on 12/15/2005 4:36:00 PM

I LOVE this eyeliner! I first saw it being applied on someone receiving a makeover at the mall, and it just so happened that the woman had the same color eyes as me (blue/green). The MA tightlined it, and I just couldn't believe how it made her eyes just pop!! I had to have it and bought it right there on the spot. As others have stated, the MA really pushed the LM flat push brush and like others I thought that was kinda pushy, walked away without it and returned to buy it the next week. There is a reason they push the brush, and it is because you can not achieve the same look without it. However, you can achieve a different look applying with a regular round tapered eyeliner brush. I have achieved a nice look doing a combo of the two...tightlining and then using the second brush to apply a feathered out line for a smoky eye look...however, the second line is MUCH easier to achieve just using the LM Kohl pencil in black violet which I also really like a lot. The color is absolutely perfect where it almost looks like a soft black but with a touch of navy blue to it...it can be played up or down for either color emphasis. While it is quite pricey I have had it now for about a year so long enough to know that it lasts extremely well. I don't use it everyday, but it still has almost as much in the pan as it did when I bought it....don't know how they achieve the long lasting quality but glad they did at that price! Also the staying power once applied is great. I haven't noticed fading or smudging with it which is actually why I like to use it for the second above the eye feather out line for smokey eye look...a bit more work to achieve it but for me it tends to last longer and more smudgeproof....I tend to use it that way if I am travelling, long days, where I can't conveniently do touchups. At any rate, I would highly recommend this eyeliner, especially for blue/green eyed gals!

I LOVE this eyeliner. I walked into blue mercury today to get some Nars blushes and was solicited by the LM MA. I remember hearing good things about this eyeliner so i wanted try it out before getting BB's gel liner. I'm glad i tried it cuz now i'm hooked! Bleu Marine is the perfect color, it can look black or navy blue depends on the amount of water you add. The MA used the flat eyeliner (also from LM) to tight line my upper lid and it was perfect... She also tried to talk me into getting their flat eyeliner but I thought she was being pushy and told her I have my own... boy, do i regret this!!! I came back and found out that my eyeliner is wider and not as thin... i guess I have to go back tomorrow to get it. This kinda sucks.. but I love this eyeliner , it stays on like no other.. in fact, I had a little trouble removing it because it was so close to my lash line...I also tried to do the smudged smoky look for my lower eyelid, it was a success! =) Best impulse buy ever~!

on 11/19/2005 2:56:00 PM

I got the Bleu Marine color b/c I felt the black might be too intense for me. For now, I'm liking the Bleu Marine, which shows up as a blue-black on me (probably shows up nearly black on me b/c I already have black eyelashes). While I don't get as dramatic a look as I do with gel eyeliners or liquid liners, this cake eyeliner allows for a more natural look. Staying power is okay, but I really do need to use an eyeliner sealant (Paula Dorf Transformer = La Femme Eyeliner Sealant = Aromaleigh Eyeliner Sealant; or the tenacious Ben Nye Liquiset). I actually get the best staying power from liquid liner or gel liners. I experienced no eye irritation from this product and found it easy to remove. For those who are looking for something more affordable, you might want to try Clinique's water-resistant cake eyeliner (for a more subtle look) or La Femme cake eyeliner (beauty store brand). Use either a flat push liner brush, an angle eyeliner brush, or a thin liquid eyeliner brush with this product for best results.

Product Description: A cake eye liner that stays-on longer and defines the eyes without smudging. Use a damp eyeliner brush to create a range of looks.
On Me:Packaging is crap. the mirror is so small, it wouldnt help if you are tightlining + its so bulky for such a small amount of product & the push clip button drives me nuts! but the product more than make up for all these problems...
been looking for an eyeliner that will stay on my oily lids for the longest time & i can say i have found it! + this really defines your eyes & yet makes it look so natural as if your eyes look so gorgeous cos its the genes...now if only my stupid lashes would co-operate so that they curl too...then this would be the perfect combination of sexy, to die for & yet natural eye look...if that makes sense. this blue is the perfect navy blue i have been looking for!no aqua tinge or green tinge, just plain dark navy that works so well! continued >>

on 9/21/2005 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Cake liners from LM are excellent especially for tightlining, LM eye liner technique. Its a way of lining the eyes where you wiggle the color between the lash roots and waterline on the upper lids. Really defines eyes without looking madeup. There is a great application technique for this on emakemeup.com under Laura Mercier reviews. The cake liner is really the best way to do. Mix the cake liner with water into a watery paste and it works beatifully. I picked up Bleu Marine, a dark matte navy. Works nicely with my brown eyes. This also lasts all day without smudging on the top and bottom and I just mix it with water. Comes in a boring brown compact but a nice product over all.

on 9/3/2005 3:03:00 PM

My friend did my eyes for a wedding with this stuff and I love it! I got the Bleu Marine and the flat liner brush and it really makes my brown eyes look much wider. It makes you look like you have naturally lush lashes. I'm not really good with liner, but I just dot it at the base of my eyelash, then I put a bit on my eye lid. I finish by lining my eyes with Urban Decay's glittery eyeliner. My eyes sparkle like crazy!

on 4/6/2005 7:30:00 PM

Thank you all for recommending this eyeliner! I love this color. It is subtle and sort of "neutral", but it sure does make your eyes pop. I have greenish blue eyes, pale skin and I never feel comfortable in black eyeliner, so this is a nice alternative. It wears well throughout the day too. I'm thinking this might be my HG eyeliner now.

on 1/22/2005 12:54:00 PM

I've had several LM makeovers, and the MA's almost always use Bleu Marine Cake Liner on my blue eyes. I've just never purchased it. I finally did, and I now wear it all the time. It's a very dark navy blue that looks almost black, without being harsh against my light coloring. The blue shade makes my eyes pop like few other eyeliners have. To top it off, Cake Liner is super easy to apply (I use LM's eyeliner brush) and lasts all day long. I will definitely repurchase it, although I'm sure the pot I have will last a really long time.