September 21, 2014 | 2020 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Outshine 01 anti frizz polishing milk

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2005 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Tabassam

I like this product on my thick wavy frizzy hair. It helps smooth my hair. Very expensive-- better to buy bulk. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2005 12:03:00 PM More reviews by AmyFehr157

Great polishing milk!! The sturdy pump dispenses just the right amount of the thick, shine-enhancing cream for my shoulder-length, fine, curly hair. After blowdrying my curly hair straight (using Redken Straight -- another favorite!), I smooth one pump of Outshine throuh my hair, concentrating on the frizzier ends, and it keeps my hair soft, shiny, manageable, and frizz-free the whole day, not to mention that it smells wonderful (people even comment on it at the end of the day). It is not heavy, doesn't weigh my fine hair down, and doesn't make it look or feel greasy or coated -- it makes it soft and shiny. It does the work of a shining serum without the sticky slick silicone feel. For the price, it's worth it, since you get so much product and it works very well. I let my hair go curly in the humid summer months and straighten it in the colder months and one pump dispenser of Outshine will last me all 6 months I use it. That's perfect for me! I love it!! Definate repurchase for me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2005 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Dina20

I love the texture and fragrance of Outshine but this does nothing to help tame the frizz from my fine, wavy hair. It tends to make my hair feel weighed down after blowdrying. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2005 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this product when I first started using it, however I found that it made my hair get more split ends and made it feel drier. My hairdresser introduced me to this product one day, and I loved it because it made my hair less frizzy and styled it also. I would put one pump of this product into my hair when it's wet, then blowdry or air-dry. I liked this product at first, but then I realized it was damaging my hair. I like the smell of this product, a fresh smell. I found the price was a little on the expensive side for the amount of product given. I won't be buying this product again, something more moisturizing would be more suitable for my hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2005 7:20:00 PM More reviews by carlalikesmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I put a little of this in my hair before I blow it dry, because that's really the only way I notice anything w/ this product. But after I blow it dry I use biosilk silk therapy, that stuff is the best. Warning about outshine: it really only does take like a tiny pea sized amount, otherwise your hair will feel really greasy and heavy. I'm glad I didn't pay for this stuff, I got it free from a friend who works in a salon. I'm not really too impressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2005 5:01:00 PM More reviews by firefly7

Ok i hated this stuff at first, b/c i thought that it made my hair look greasy and too seperated. then after using it a few times, I realized it "melts" into your hair after a little bit and works really well at smoothing and giving a little clean seperation w/ out looking stringy. I think i may like this product best on towel-dried hair. I like the pump applicator & its easy to use. great product for light definition and taming!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2005 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Bubbalish

I found Beyond the Zone's Get N Creamed to be much more effective at frizz fighting and keeping sleek and a heck of a lot cheaper than this stuff. I also got way too much build up with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2005 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Madame_X

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I've tried nearly everything to keep my flat-ironed hair frizz-free without the build-up and greasy-itchiness that keeps me from prolonging my do-it-yourself straight hair. Like Frizz-ease and MOP pomade for instance -- sure they may make your hair look "nice" after you're done styling it, but what if you want to use a bit more throughout the next few days you want to keep your straight (I like to try and keep mine for a week) -- you get this nasty buildup that causes your hair to stick out in odd places. Redken Outshine keeps hair flowy and soft. One pump is all it takes, and I'm someone who likes to empty out the bottle/jar/container before feeling satisfied that my hair is frizz-proof. I don't even remember where I got the sample, but it lasted FOREVER, I finally didn't mind paying the $15 the pump cost, considering I know it should go a long, long way. BTW, I have ethnic hair (black & filipino) that requires a thrice-annual relaxing, blow-dry and flatiron to complete the straight look. That said, if this stuff works a miracle on my hair it should work on yours -- even if you'v got fine hair, this stuff is so light!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2005 3:44:00 PM More reviews by littlebabynothing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my last step in the battle to combat frizzy hair. I rub a small amount of this styling creme in my palms and squeeze up som waves and volume while hair is still damp after cleaning and conditioning. It really gives a lovely shine to the hair. Sometimes I want to straighten my hair and blowdry it then this cream also helps with the straightening process. Its a cream and it does not give much hold but its not meant to anyway. The smell is a fresh "hairdresser" smell, I like it very much.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2005 9:33:00 AM More reviews by NANSI

I bought this after all the great reviews here. Well yes, this is fantastic and doesn't weigh my hair down at all. Great when I blow dry and use with my anti-snap leave in. Bravo Redken!