Neutrogena Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

Water, Glycerin, Oleic Acid, Coconut Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethanolamine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, BHT, Trisodium HEDTA, Blue 1, Red 33, Yellow 5, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol

on 6/12/2009 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The first time is used this cleanser i was in my teens. It was great for my afterschool dirty face hehe.
I also used the bar cleanser, which is great for teenage skin that is oily.
Used with lots of water, this cleanser is a great cleanser that is gentle.
The ads pushed this cleanser as a pure cleanser that rinses off completely. I like the clean fragrance.
I went on to other brands as i got older.
Now I'm coming back to basics of just washing with this cleanser and moisturising, with sunscreen for day. My skin is regaining its freshness.
As my skin is now drier than in when is was 16, I use it only at night. In the morning i just cleanse by splashing my face with water and then I put on a hydrating sunscreen.

on 5/22/2009 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

For years I used the Purpose bar for removing my make-up at night. I swore I would never try anything else...even though it did nothing for my skin except for remove my make-up. Then I started realizing that it never removed all of the make-up. So on a whim I decided to try the Liquid Neutrogena and have now been using it for over six months. I love it! I removes ALL of my make-up, is sooo gentle on my acne-prone and sensitive skin, and leaves my face feel really clean and soft. It does NOT leave that tight feeling, it just feels very balanced. I don't know if it's just a coincidence or what but since I've been using it my skin has calmed way down. I don't have near as many breakouts and when I do they aren't as severe. I use this at night to take off my make-up, and I use MD Forte glycare cleansing gel before applying make-up. So far I think this combo is working pretty good for my face.

on 4/22/2009 3:19:00 PM

I actually bought this product by accident. I was looking for the
acne prone formula but picked this up instead. However, I do not have any regrets because this cleanser really cleans my face! I am an Asian who wears foundation and everyone knows how hard it is to remove them. With this cleanser, my foundation is completely off! I can tell because when I tone my face, there are no foundation residue compared to my old cleanser which was my Olay one.
I gave this product four lippies because it does dry my skin a little.. but I also use a moisturizer so that isn't that big of a deal.
Worth trying if you wear makeup and have a hard time getting it off!

So I am from the group that tends to say that I LOVE one Neutrogena product above everything else ever....Neutrogena Body Oil, Light Sesame Formula glides on easily to moisturize dry skin. It's so sheer it vanishes into shower-damp skin leaving it soft and silky, with a radiant, healthy glow. No moisturizer can touch this experience! That being said the facial cleanser isn't that bad. Could be better, but I won't complain simply because it's what I carry 1/2 the time I travel the other 1/2 I use La Mer...which sometimes makes my skin too oily ( thus why I take Neutrogena 1/2 the time). If you have oily/combo skin this will work well for you! Dry sky means you would do better with the La Mer or comparable products!

This product was so-so. Definitely lasts forever- I've had mine for over a year and even with daily use, I still have half left. I use it daily because I hate wasting products...even if it could be better. This face wash does the job- removes oil, dirt and makeup, non scented and does not break me out. However, it leaves my face feeling incredibly tight afterwards it almost hurts. Wouldn't repurchase again, just because I want a face wash that's more moisturizing.

very nice face wash, non-irritating, decent price, little to no smell, removes make up very well, leaves my face feeling fresh and super clean!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It was non irritating and took off makeup alright, but I remember using this back in high school when my acne was bad and it didn't do anything significant for it. Just cleaned my face, maybe cleaned it a little too well. If you like the squeeky clean feeling this would be for you, but this was so drying that it ended up making my skin overproduce oil, leaving me greasy in a few hours after using it. And I have never had an issue with being oily skinned!!

on 4/5/2009 8:56:00 PM

Well, I didn't like this. After I wash my skin with it, I feel dry and tight. Not good! Then, I realised one day that I was WAY shiny. I'm usually a little shiny, but this was ridiculous! I was a greaseball. I rinsed my face with water, and it went back to normal. Not good for my oily/combo sensitive w/ acne/clogged pores skin!

on 3/7/2009 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG CLEANSER <3333.

Seriously, this stuff removes my make-up, doesn't irritate my sensitive, acne-prone skin, and helps to clear my existing blemishes. It's the perfect cleanser to use before an anti acne product. And, it's not expensive.

I use the fragrance-free version.

on 2/13/2009 11:35:00 PM

I've been using this for about a month, and so far so good. I have spent ridiculous amounts of money buying expensive brands looking for my perfect cleanser (Clinique, Kiehls, Mario Badescu, Lush, Korres, etc.). Some worked better than others, but none seemed to give the kind of results I wanted for that kind of money. So one day at Target, I just decided to grab this and see, thinking if it didn't work, at least it's only like $6 or something. So far, it's working great. I had a couple small blemishes when I started using this and they went away very quickly and no more have popped up since then. It has not dried me out of caused any problems. I have not noticed any bad smells or any residue. It's nothing special, but it does the trick! I would say as of right now, it is working just as well, if not better, than the expensive products I had been using, but at a fraction of the cost. I'll stick with it as long as it's working! I'll update if there are any changes.