October 26, 2014 | 981 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Kirsten821

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I try this product on my hands, my skin turn red and ache...I dare not put it on my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by CHARLENE314

I got a sample of it. It broke me out like crazy, and I don't see the difference of using it or not, but it smelled pretty nice tho. Won't buy again for sure

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I got this as part of a Sephora BI sample and I'm happy I tried it before I bought it.

I have dry, sensitive, mature skin with rosacea and I'm on the hunt for a great primer to use either on its own or under foundation. This is not the one.

When I squeezed it out of the tube, I was pleasantly surprized at how creamy it looked. However, as soon as I applied it, it felt as if my face just dried up. My skin instanly became uncomfortably dry and I had to rewash my face and start my skincare routine over, without this product (of course).

This might work in the summer but not for my dry, winter skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Pendoline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I generally find most foundation primers to be a waste of time, merely adding to layers of cream and make-up, and creating a clogging sensation. However, Laura Mercier’s primers are fantastic: they are light and they ensure make-up stays put all day. Her primers are also available in oil free and extra hydrating varieties, as well as in a version formulated for mineral foundation, with a liquid-to-powder formulation.

The hydrating primer is a particularly good product for me as I have dry skin, and use this instead of a moisturiser.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by amhowe12

I am absolutely in love with this product. So light and smooth and makes your foundation go on so nicely! The packaging is adorable and the top stays very clean, something I always appreciate in a product that comes in a tube.

This can be worn alone or over moisturizer depending on your skin type. I have dry skin and like to put a light moisturizer on beforehand. Thsi product is also great if you have a small dry area after applying foundation that you want to smooth up!

It is pricey, but if used correctly you shouldn't need more than one per six months.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by wonderhj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why is it so hard to find a decent primer? I don't think my foundation stayed longer while using this primer- in fact, I don't know what it did. I couldn't wait to finish it so I could move on to another primer... I ended up buying Benefit's primer which is another (unhappy) story.

I have heard good things about their tinted moisturizer so I hoped that this will be good too. I am sorry that I wasted my money on this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very glad that I received this in a swap because I would have certainly been very angry to waste so much money on such a lousy product. It goes on very light, I'll give it that much, but the moment it dries my face is already shiny!! Then when I do my makeup the shine turns into a slick not long after application. I guess I can stand the smell, I change diapers all day and nothing smells as bad as my boys diapers =] I will certainly never pay money for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first foundation primer that I really love! It's just so lightweight! My foundation stays fresh with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by limis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this, keeps my makeup fresh up till mid day. I have acne prone oily skin and thisdidn't break me out doesn't cover up pores though. It is a substitute for my shu uemura mousse primer

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by mia084

I am 26 years old and was a bit concerned about the fine lines near my mouth so I heard about this product. I have a very sensitive skin that even rubbing my cheeks would leave me rashes, so I had to think a thousand times before applying anything on my face. I use liquid foundation so normally I dont need primer that much but just for the sake of lines I thought giving this product a try. It is hydrating and light, smells a bit awkward though, transparent, makes makeup stay longer BUT it doesnt cover fine lines, instead adds more to my eyes which was quite a shocker for me because normally that doesnt happen to me having fine lines under the eyes but whenever I used it I observed them, so I would say I wont buy this product again and for those looking for lines coverage like me I would suggest dont go for it seriously wastage of money and nothing else.