July 25, 2014 | 1935 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Pendoline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I generally find most foundation primers to be a waste of time, merely adding to layers of cream and make-up, and creating a clogging sensation. However, Laura Mercier’s primers are fantastic: they are light and they ensure make-up stays put all day. Her primers are also available in oil free and extra hydrating varieties, as well as in a version formulated for mineral foundation, with a liquid-to-powder formulation.

The hydrating primer is a particularly good product for me as I have dry skin, and use this instead of a moisturiser.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by amhowe12

I am absolutely in love with this product. So light and smooth and makes your foundation go on so nicely! The packaging is adorable and the top stays very clean, something I always appreciate in a product that comes in a tube.

This can be worn alone or over moisturizer depending on your skin type. I have dry skin and like to put a light moisturizer on beforehand. Thsi product is also great if you have a small dry area after applying foundation that you want to smooth up!

It is pricey, but if used correctly you shouldn't need more than one per six months.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by wonderhj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why is it so hard to find a decent primer? I don't think my foundation stayed longer while using this primer- in fact, I don't know what it did. I couldn't wait to finish it so I could move on to another primer... I ended up buying Benefit's primer which is another (unhappy) story.

I have heard good things about their tinted moisturizer so I hoped that this will be good too. I am sorry that I wasted my money on this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very glad that I received this in a swap because I would have certainly been very angry to waste so much money on such a lousy product. It goes on very light, I'll give it that much, but the moment it dries my face is already shiny!! Then when I do my makeup the shine turns into a slick not long after application. I guess I can stand the smell, I change diapers all day and nothing smells as bad as my boys diapers =] I will certainly never pay money for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first foundation primer that I really love! It's just so lightweight! My foundation stays fresh with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by limis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this, keeps my makeup fresh up till mid day. I have acne prone oily skin and thisdidn't break me out doesn't cover up pores though. It is a substitute for my shu uemura mousse primer

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by mia084

I am 26 years old and was a bit concerned about the fine lines near my mouth so I heard about this product. I have a very sensitive skin that even rubbing my cheeks would leave me rashes, so I had to think a thousand times before applying anything on my face. I use liquid foundation so normally I dont need primer that much but just for the sake of lines I thought giving this product a try. It is hydrating and light, smells a bit awkward though, transparent, makes makeup stay longer BUT it doesnt cover fine lines, instead adds more to my eyes which was quite a shocker for me because normally that doesnt happen to me having fine lines under the eyes but whenever I used it I observed them, so I would say I wont buy this product again and for those looking for lines coverage like me I would suggest dont go for it seriously wastage of money and nothing else.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by MyChanelScalpel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Works well.....but good lord, WHAT is that smell? Not something I would want to put all over my face near my sensitive eyes and right under my nose. Disappointing, I'm a hardcore LM fan and it would probably be my go to if it were scentless.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by bimbariccia

This product has a LOT of hype surrounding it. So, deciding that I wanted to introduce a primer into my make-up ritual to keep my foundation nice and fresh I plumped for this one.
The good news is that it feels quite fresh on the skin and is absorbed super quickly, meaning that you can apply your foundation almost immediately. I found that it does help make-up gone on a little smoother and makes it last a bit longer throughout the day, but is it worth the hefty price tag? I'm not sure. In fact with so many other primers flooding the market now I don't think I'd re-purchase as it's nice but does not blow me away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 3:03:00 AM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only primer out of the tons I have tried that has left my skin more oily and shiney throughout the day. This primer also does nothing for my pores, other primers have given me that smooth surface so that my foundation spreads nicely, but LM has failed to impress me.