September 2, 2014 | 1563 users online

Liquid - Sisley - Oil Free Fluid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by mu46032

After using this foundation for two weeks, I feel like I need to go back and edit all of my other foundation reviews. Nothing compares to this elegant, lightweight, oil-free foundation. I've only recently discovered it. It is the only foundation that makes my skin comfortable, doesn't accentuate lines, and doesn't make my skin ultra oily. Its perfect for my skin type, which is currently sensitive and very acne prone. This is very, very expensive at $104 USD, By the way, unlike other reviewers, I need more than one pump to cover my face. I typically use two or three to get the coverage I want and need.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

I have been using this product on and off for years. I have strayed occassionally and lately to La Mer (liquid & creme- too hyped/ too overpriced), Guerlain and La Prairie (unnatural/too overpriced/acne). But I always come back to this liquid foundation.

Funny but after stints of being disloyal, this foundation never ceases to amaze me everytime I start applying it on my face all over again.

Texture: Light and oil-free. Blends easily and you only need one small light pump to cover face. Spreads thinly but sufficiently. This is ideal for oily/combi skin, so if you prefer a little more moisture, get the Botanical Foundation (transmat) which is also as addictive.

Color: I have this in #2 soft beige and it stays true all day and night long.

Performance: For the first hour after application, it's just like any ordinary foundation. The dough kicks in after that one hour. My pores shy away. I look more vibrant and soft and younger as each hour passes by. I have the look of someone who's born with perfect skin...the most natural I have encountered so far. In fact, sometimes I become so accustomed to that type of skin that I hate my face when it's bare.

Price: Here in Singapore, this is very reasonable (about S$140) compared to La Mer (S$168 for creme fdn) and La Prairie (about S$360 last year). A little more pricey than ordinary liquid foundations but the result is priceless.

Conclusion: THE BEST FOUNDATION EVER CREATED. My issues on big open PORES and redness are swiped out. If you are thinking of buying any high end foundation, I highly recommend that you try Sisley first. Better performance and quality at a fraction of the price.

There are people who say that this fdn is overrated and over-priced and yet they keep on using its sample version over and over again for years...umhhh....

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by amymjames

I purchased the color Ivory and got samples to try along with the purchase-just in case! I've used the samples and have been so happy with the results. Definitely holding onto this one! I may purchase the color 0, I forget the name, but it seems like a newer color since they didn't have any samples. I think the mix of 0 and 1 would be perfect for my warm ivory LM yellow-undertone skin.

I need to moisturize well with this foundation, but the results are amazing. Lasts through the day and doesn't look thick and feel heavy like the new Chanel Matlumiere that I most recently tried. My skin feels like skin with Sisley's foundation, but better. It's what foundation was meant to be. Very thankful to have come across this find. I'll be exploring concealer and powder products of this line now.

Edit: I use this foundation without even thinking of trying any other anymore. It's my gold-standard of foundations. I do find that I need to use almost 3 pumps, and see the difference when I try less, as I like a solid coverage. Still, have had bottle for over a month, and feels to be at least half full.
I did try the powder and concealer. The powder wasn't anything special, and if anything, brought a pinkish tinge. I've tried better concealers, too.
I use Trish McEvoy's loose powder with the foundation. I use porcelain and beige, and find the texture absolutely in line with the results of the foundation. So pleased with my makeup base rountine-finally!

EDIT: I ordered a foundation from Neiman Marcus, from a new line called "Le Metier de Beaute". I'm low on my Sisley, and while do like, just not quite the coverage, and must have skin looking good and to be moist if going to look great. I RECOMMEND the Le Metier Oil-Free Foundation if Sisley isn't quite the coverage or if your skin needs a little moisture, yet still oil-free requirements. I ordered #3, and a little lighter than Sisley's Ivory, but still yellow-based. I don't see any reviews on the new line yet, but if you like Sisley, but need a bit more, this might be it! It costs a bit less, too, at around $70.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by mbg727

This is the best foundation. Once I started using it, I couldn't go back to using anything else. I don't even need a concealer with it because it has great coverage, and it blends into my skin. It doesn't seem like it would cover so well because it is so thin. It is really expensive, $100 for a bottle. But it is worth it. Plus, my first bottle lasted for almost six months, and I was using it practically every day. The pump dispenser is genius because it only gives a small amount. But I generally don't need more than two pumps when my skin is broken out. Also, the sales lady at Neiman Marcus hooked me up big time with a ton of samples.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2008 9:48:00 PM More reviews by DreeM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wore this on a plane ride and through an all-day interview, and it held up beautifully from 5:00 am until 11:00 pm, and only blotted as needed. I wasn't nearly as much of an oil-slick I normally am (but I also used a new primer from YSL Laurent. I've also worn this without primer, and again, it's stood up fabulously. Most foundations separate on my skin or disappear. this didn't. I don't know if it breaks me out yet--I hope it doesn't--because I love the coverage and the way it feels. It looks really great on--not like a masque. The fragrance is a little strong, but not off-putting.

Yes, this is insanely expensive, and I didn't want to like this foundation b/c of the price..but, I'm sure that I'd buy it again, because I've tried dozens of oil free foundations and haven't liked any this much.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 7:07:00 PM More reviews by clay2626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I think I have written numerous reviews always thinking I found my HG only to be disappointed and that is usually due to my oily skin and the foundation disappearing by noon. Not any more! This foundation is simply the best and I have tried LM, Lancome, GA, La Prairie, Le Mer, etc. I am am MAC NC 20-25 and bought this in Ivory, their lightest shade, this foundation was still on my face at 7pm and was still providing good coverage unlike the many others I have tried. Yes it is expensive and Sisley could use more colors but I am happy with this purchase, it provides medium coverage and feels very light on your face, no oil slicks which I am so happy to be rid of. I will repurchase this without hesitation and will be buying Sisleys loose powder to wear on top of this foundation.

Update: I tried this in Soft Beige, but found it is not as good as a match as Ivory, Ivory is for those with light yellow tones to their skin where as the Beige has more red in it- so I will stick to the Ivory color- I do wish they would get more colors as this is the best foundation I have ever found that controls oil and stays put, simply flawless coverage that is well worth its price.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2007 4:14:00 PM More reviews by ProductNymphet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this foundation!!! After all these years I canít believe I have found my HG foundation! This stuff is sweat resistant and doesnít rub off. It doesnít fade, crack, crease, nor does it settle in fine lines. My t-zone is sooooo oily my old makeup just slips off my face within a few hours of wear. This stuff stays on my oily nose all day!!! My makeup still looks fresh at the end of the day even when itsí hot and humid. Iíve gone out to crowded, hot sweaty bars during summer Florida days and my makeup still looks good! Granted, I have a few other oil fighters in my arsenal (check my other reviews), but this stuff lays down the ground work for everything. I have used so many high end foundations from so many different companies and this one is by far my favorite. I know some people have experienced a problem with an orange undertone. I have medium skin with golden undertones and Iím using the color sand 2+. I find that even with my fluctuating tan the color still blends nicely. I think the color actually adapts to your color as long as itís within a few shades and you have yellow undertones. Someone mentioned not liking the natural 3 color which is a shade darker than sand. I have to say I did try this and it was way off even in undertones. If I get a very dark tan I think it would be best to get the honey which is the darkest color and has obvious yellow undertones and mix it with ivory which is the lightest and also has yellow undertones.

*UPDATE 10/7/07*
I've been wearing this foundation for a few months and I find it to be a little drying. Also, I've let my tan fade quite a bit so the sand color is a little too orange for me now. I have discovered I can mix the #2 shade of this foundation with Tarte's Smooth Operator in veil (very obvious yellow undertone) to solve both problems. I also like to add a bit of shimmery dust or Lorac's Luminizer to the "foundation cocktail" just to give my face a glow.

11/25/07

Its still too drying. I'll try it again in the summer and update.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2007 10:31:00 AM More reviews by villen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation makes my skin look perfect. Use it in Soft Beige 02, which matches my (summer) skin tone exactly, and it's absolutely beautiful. Very impressed with the finish.

Broke me out, however. But that's an individual thing and I'm extremely breakout prone. Apart from that, I really like this. And I'll probably still use it for occasions when I reaaly want my skin to look perfect or really need the cover.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by ausgirl

I have this in Sand which is a pretty good color for me. It works best when I mix it with a moisturizer and apply with a make-up brush or a sponge. My skin is combination to dry. It's summer right now, so I'll have to wait to see if it works in the winter when my skin is drier.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 5:35:00 AM More reviews by pinktini007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this foundation for a couple of month now, and I'm really happy with it. The consistency is fluid and lightweight but provides a really good and long-lasting coverage. It's perfect for the summer, because it withstands humidity and won't sweat off. I usually use a foundation brush (BB) and I really love the result. This foundation however, looks a lot better when applied with fingers - strange but true. I would definitely buy it again although I think it's too expensive.