Vaseline Vaseline

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I gave a 4 for packaging, and I mean the little blue tin, because its pocket size, but I find it hard to open sometimes.

But I put this on my lips over night and it leaves them feeling softer in the morning. I also use it when I have very little of a lipstick left because I have a palette that is empty, and I take one of the metal tins from the palette and put it on the plates of my straighteners, I then add a small scoop of vaseline using a cotton bud and place it in there to melt. I then use a cotton bud to take the lipstick thats left, and place that in there to melt too. I then mix them together and put them back into the palette. I've done this several times with MAC lipsticks that are perhaps too bright for me or that I have very little left of, and it tones them down a little and makes them last a little longer. But layers can be built up for brighter colour.

on 6/1/2010 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this product!!!! SOOO many ways to use it! My fave is to use as mascara. Also dab on toothbrush and insta-exfoliator!! Before bed i apply my fave lip balm then a thin coat of vaseline. i ♥ it!!!

on 3/8/2010 11:14:00 AM

I give a 5 for the package but by the package I mean the 50g tube; convenience size one you get at walmart since I carry this in my purse all the time. I use this mostly on my lips because I use to get dry/chapped lips in the winter but not anymore since using this. Been using this stuff since I was a kid & don't plan on stopping. I'm just glad they made it into a smaller form. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't live without this, and it lasts forever. This is the one product I use constantly and constantly, and won't bother to use another - for my lips. In the winter, my lips can get extremely dry, no lip balm with shea butter/ beeswax/ glycerin can get rid of it despite what magazine articles claim. Vaseline does the job, use it at night, use it during the day when you feel your lips are dry, and use it constantly. I guarantee that you'll feel a difference, lips are almost instantly smooth after using this. I also have a dry patch on my hand, and this makes it more smooth. The best part is that this product is only about $3-4. Everyone should own vaseline! Also, you can use it on nail cuticles, or any place on your body that is extra dry. It's not fancy, but it works.

on 2/14/2010 10:17:00 AM

A little tip for ladies out there with dry lips! Slather vaseline on your lips overnight before going to bed. When you wake up in the morning, after brushing your teeth (and rinsing the toothbrush) "brush" your lips with your still-wet toothbrush. Small circular motions work the best for me. This technique will slough off all the dead, dry, flakes on your lips but because of the overnight application of vaseline, it won't cut up your lips or make them feel raw. After brushing my lips, I usually apply a chapstick with SPF for the day in order to protect my lips and prevent them from becoming chapped throughout the day. Since vaseline doesn't necessarily moisturize your lips (it's more helpful in preventing moisture loss) you can swipe a little vaseline over your chapstick if ypu want extra protection.

Another tip for vaseline? Mix a little vaseline with the remnants of used up lipsticks, placing each in a compartment of a pill box to create your own custom lip gloss palette. I've even mixed together different shades of lipstick to create custom colors. It's fun, cheap, and a great way to use of little bits of lipstick that would have gone to waste anyway.

I use this daily as a lip treatment before I go to bed, and I wake up with hydrated lips :D. I really like how vaseline has so many uses, but it can get a bit greasy at times.

on 1/29/2010 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

HG for saving winter skin from head to toe. My grandmother who had flawless and ageless skin used this on her face- I haven't been so ambitious, yet- scared of breakout. Nevertheless, use this for everything (even scuffed leather shoes when in a pinch!)

on 11/11/2009 6:23:00 PM

I have dry lips and my lips easily gets chapped if I don't take good care of it (even in the summer). Thus, I have done a lot of research on how to prevent lips from chapping. There are some useful ideas such as if you lips is chapped, you should treat not only your lips, but also the area around your lips as that may be the area drawing moisture away and make your lips chapped. There are also other ideas that you have to stop using petroleum over the lips as that exaggerate dry lip situation (this has been mentioned by a lot of MUA members). However, from my experience, using Vaseline overnight on my lips really does help. So I will keep using it.

on 11/10/2009 11:51:00 AM

I've been using Vaseline on my lips for years and it is a great and inexpensive product. I only use chap stick to prevent chap lips (that is what chap stick is for), like when it's cold and/or windy outside but when my lips actually get chapped (which is rare for me) I put on Polysporin before bed, you cant lick your lips with this on so it's best to put it on right before you actually fall asleep and probably not good for kids... This works great for me and heals them fast.
Vaseline is used to protect your lips and hold in moisture keeping them nice and soft. If i notice any dry skin on my lips, i brush them with my toothbrush a little while I'm brushing my teeth and then put on my Vaseline before bed. Its great!

on 10/30/2009 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE Vaseline! It's a basic drugstore product that helps clear up and paper cuts, sores or scratches. Once I had a cut on my lip, so I put some Vaseline on it and it disappeared overnight. I apply some on my cheeks every once in a while because that's where my skin is really dry, and it makes the skin there a lot smoother and nicer. Vaseline rocks!