April 25, 2014 | 1116 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm writing this review based on my hubby's experience with it...

My husband has very oily skin and he can basically wash his face with dirt and have no issues. This product, however, burned his face BIGTIME! He ended up with mystery rash under his eye from this. It went away as soon as he stopped using it.

Price wise...just ok for a drug store product.

Packaging...love that it's a pump.

Will I buy it again for him...no way!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by jrobsf

I *love* this stuff. I loved it even before I started my double cleanse OCM regimen (miracle!):

1) Massage a tablespoon (or a little more) of jojoba oil with fingers into skin
2) Massage a tiny bit of water and the Cetaphil over the jojoba oil (it'll be a creamy, not runny, consistency)
3) Thoroughly rinse and pat skin dry with a towel.
4) Exfoliate a couple of times a week. I'm using a honey aspirin mask (http://youtu.be/Q-Hksg8B4cQ).

This has almost completely cured my stubborn adult acne, particularly the hormonal cystic acne on my neck and jawline that I never thought would go away.

Cetaphil could be a tiny bit less detergent-y (leaves my skin a little squeakier than I'd like), but the jojoba oil takes care of that for me. I wouldn't mind seeing the price come down either.

Don't make the mistake of buying the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. It lacks the castor oil that I think is what makes Daily Cleanser work so well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by mvp0602

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For it being a drugstore cleanser the price is really great! I have combination skin and this cleanser is good! Nothing really special though. I mean, it doesn't break my skin out, it is gentle, but it cleanses! It does it's job! I've tried other cleanser's and they have dried my skin out, but this did not so I will purchase again.
The bottle is great because you can simply squirt it out... easy peezy lemon squeezy!
Good product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome cleanser! A few months ago I was looking for a new face wash since the ones I'd been using dried out my skin too much. I have very sensitive, acne prone, combo/oily skin that gets 10x worse in spring & summer (super oily). This cleanser is gentle enough to not aggravate my skin issues, and actually makes it look better (used in combo w aloe Vera (moisturizer) & tazorac 0.05% gel at night). I'll gladly purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by HelenaReviews

I use the formulation for oily skin, and find it makes a huge difference between using just any old "oily skin" cleanser. While I myself do not have sensitive skin, it's great for a product designed for oily skin to be gentle, as often they are harsh. This has a typically soapy odour, inoffensive, clean, I like it as far as cleansing smells go. One thing I am not so fond of is the price. The formulation specifically for oily skin is harder to get hold of than the normal type where I live, and is often more expensive, not that the normal type is particularly cheap for a "drugstore" cleanser anyway. That being said a small bottle does last me a good half a year, so maybe I'm just being stingy, haha. I've chopped and changed between face washes, and honestly, nothing measures up

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by bethanyj3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried many different facial cleansers and they've all been just meh, but after trying the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, my face looks great. I've never had a huge problem with acne, other than the few days when I am on my period, but this cleanser even comabats those for the most part. I love that it does not dry out my skin and it's fairly cheap and simple. I do think this is for people who don't have a huge acne problem though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

what i like about this cleanser:
consistency
texture
smell
gentle
packaging (huge pump bottle, lasts about 2 months)
mild smell

I give this product a 4/5 because it has gave my skin a great glow, takes off my makeup easily, and does not break me out. The only thing i dislike about this cleanser is that it does not clear acne and is not medicated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I love this cleanser,it's so gentle on my face and I'm suffering from hormonal cystic acne and always have blemish on my face. I like using this cleanser with my clarisonic Mia 2 and for everyday I only wear bb cream as my base makeup and this cleanser takes it all off. As for my eye makeup I use olive oil and wipe it with cotton round and use this cleanser to wash of the oil residue. I will repurchase this once I'm done with a couple of cleanser I'm currently using.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by tami25

I've tried almost every cleanser out there for oily skin that I could get my hands on but this is the only one I always go back to because although it doesn't keep my skin completely clear it controls most breakouts and doesn't dry me out like all the others! pair it with a good moisturizer (i like aveeno) and my skin doesn't feel tight and parched and my oily t-zone is controlled for most of the day. Plus it smells really good and works great with the clarisonic if you foam it up in your hands first, apply to face and then work it in with the brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Cmelecio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to spend a lot more money on face washes such as Clinique and Estée Lauder. I have oily acne prone skin and found that this facewash is absolutely perfect for my skin care regimen. I keep one in the shower and one by the sink. It is never drying and my face always feels clean and oily free after using it. It does not leave a film like many facewashes tend to. Highly recommend using with clairsonic cleansing brush. The perfect facewash especially if you are using other products to treat acne (I.e retinA, benzoyl peroxide etc) and are worried about over drying.