July 25, 2014 | 1276 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by rachelmacfarlanexo

I love how gentle this is on my face! I have used everything from neostrata to clean and clear, everything is either too drying or not deep cleaning. This removes face makeup like a charm!! Very deep cleaning, yet so gentle! I wish it foamed up, but it doesn't. The bottle I picked up is the cleaner specifically for oily skin! It works great! Not the best smell but you get used to it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by pwincesscindy

Just bought this product for about twenty bucks! I was excited to use it because of the reviews and because I heard that a lot of dermatologist recommend cetaphil. I liked that there was a pump and that the bottle was HUGE. Too bad it's gonna go to waste because it burns my face so bad! It feels a bit itchy but the burning kind of overtakes that feeling. I've used it for only 4 days and am probably gonna throw it away.....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Anadgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser...it removes makeup pretty well and leaves my skin clean and soft...I use the Laszlo splashing method..what I noticed within a week is that my chronic acne and clogged pores started to clear. I have had skin troubles for many years now and I have tried it all...After a week of cleansing with Cetaphil, I added in the Oxy pads...more improvement...I then added Laszlo' Shake It, followed by Neutrogena's Loose Mineral powder..and for the first time in a long time, my face is clear. I am so happy!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Sonchella

My second bottle. Gentle cleanser and it doesn't break me out

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by katerin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this morning and night, before applying my makeup and after taking it off. it makes my skin feel really nice and eliminates oil. i definitely prefer this cleanser over the gentle skin cleanser- the gentle skin cleanser was just too gentle for my skin. this cleanser for oily skin made my skin feel more fresh, and it had a much better smell to it, unlike the one for gentle skin. I love this face wash!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by santiyunita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product really works on my skin. It helps reduce exceed oil on my face and make my skin soooo smooth. It also cleans the face thoroughly while you use it on a facial brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by chemistryfordummies

This product claims to remove makeup: it does not completely remove waterproof makeup. I've used makeup remover to clean off makeup and there were some bits left, and I used this as a face wash and tried to get more makeup off, but it did not work for me. As a face wash, this product is AMAZING. I have normal/sensitive skin, and this face wash is a dream in the summer time. It leaves my skin smooth, and I don't need to use a moisturizer afterwards. In the winter though, this left my face VERY dry, although it may be because my skin is much drier in the winter. It's more of a product to use in the warmer months if your skin is like mine. Great product though!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Melinalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I bought the one tht comes in a bottle. At first I seem improvements in my acne-prone skin that has lots of scarring. The scarring quickly faded away after usin this cleanser and I saw my face become noticably clear. The problem is I use my acne treatment at night after washing my face with this cleanser only on my problem areas, and I quickly noticed that where ever I put my treatment my pimples would become worse. I usually get white heads only but when I started using this I started seeing multiple pimples on one pimple. It happened to ever white head I would get. So over this cleanser. Definitely worth a try but will be looking for something.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by LittleViolet

On the fence about this one. I usually use the regular Cetaphil cleanser, and I bought this one by mistake (packaging is almost identical, minus wording). I guess I wasn't looking when I bought it. I pumped a squirt into my hand and thought WHAT! Clear!?

Oh well. I do have oily skin, so I figured I would give it a go, although I have really enjoyed my skin over the past year with the regular/dry version.

This has a very chemical, astringent smell that bothers me a bit. I looked if it had salicylic acid, but I think the main detergent is just regular old SLS.

The one thing it has going for it is that it does rinse off cleanly and makes my Clairsonic brush much cleaner than the regular version did.

However, I feel like my skin is more oily after using this product. I happened to be using the Cetaphil Oil control moisturizer last week, too, and I was a disco mess.

After writing this review, I miss my old cleanser...i will pick some up this weekend and return to it. I wish I wasn't out $10 but maybe I can use this to clean my Clairsonic brush once a week :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by saffronia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When the "original" Cetaphil cleanser did not work for me (left a film and did not remove makeup), I thought this version would be the solution. It was not at all. From the moment I put in on my face, it burned big time. I also did not like the scent--very chemical-y. It did remove makeup better than the original version, but at the expense of my skin.