August 1, 2014 | 1811 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Heyycasablanca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Double Wear has been my go to foundation for a few years now. It has been the only foundation that I can rely on for my very oily t-zone. Despite the recent reformulation, I still love it and still consider it my holy grail foundation! I think I may even like it better now!! It is so much easier to work with because the consistency isn't as thick and I think it gives me skin a more natural look because it looks like MY skin, but better. The coverage is a tiiiny bit less than before but it is buildable. I know this foundation has a cult like following but I wouldn't rule it out just yet. Go to your EL counter and ask for a sample and try it out for yourself. You may just love it as much as I do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

This is a great foundation for heavy all-day coverage. I dont use it often because it can def feel heavy. If I use this I moisturize and then use my fingers for this or mix moisturizer and this to lighten the coverage. If i use any type of brush it seems heavy. I have this in Sand Beige and i am around NC 30-35. It lasts all day, covers everything and photographs well. Due to the heavy feeling for me though i only use this on special occasions, events which will run all day, when traveling or if i am super tired and nothing is making my face look 'awake and even'. Its an effort to take it off, wash, tone, wipes and ill still find some-- but stays fresh looking all day for sure! I bought Revlon Colorstay and for comparison, I was not a fan. Do I use this often-no. Does it do what it says it will-yes. It is a good full coverage foundation-yes-the best for that purpose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation, its color range and good coverage, but I very much dislike the bottle.. why could not they make this in a pump bottle? It is a pain in the butt to turn the bottle upside down and then carefully see how much comes out. This will get even worse once it is almost done and the foundation sits at the bottom of the bottle. So give it a very good review for formula and a big minus for the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! This was my very first high end foundation, so for the steep price of 50 dollars, i was expecting a lot. I got it in the shade desert beige which is kinda pink for my yellow undertones, but workable. It lasts forever and is quite hard to take off which is saying something about the lasting power. So far no breakouts!!! Full coverage in two layers, medium coverage with a thin layer. Very build able, with a natural satin finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by jess229

So this foundation is AMAZING. If I capitalize its because I mean it! I have used Colorstay which was definitely OK i liked the coverage super cheap and it worked. Problem is it wouldnt cover my pores that great and redness was barely covered and soon peaked through. So I decided to try Makwup forever HD since my sister told me it was supposed to be this awesome foundation, cost me around $ 50 hated it...Super greasy, watery, no stay no where near the coverage I needed and it cost a fortune. (dont make my mistake take a sample first!) So i decided to look for another foundation I came across this one and it seemed like a lot of people really liked it and said great things about the coverage. I like HEAVY coverage that is stay put all day since I have oily and acne prone skin. When I put this is on it was a bit heavier but omg does it cover imperfections! It hides red so great ! and acne too! It hides my large pores and makes my face look even and so smooth. I love it , i love it ! Its not too expensive either around $36 totally worth it though. I love that this foundation doesnt need touch up for my 9 hour work days and if you do touch it beleive me it will be minimal. This is really good if you like full coverage and need pores, redness, acne and uneven skin tone covered up its awesome.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by sherbyham

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When the temperature soars to 33 degree celsius (91degree F) and the humidity runs over 80%, this foundation is a lifesaver. I was careful to apply it lightly using a stippling brush (LM skunk brush) and it looked natural, not mask-like or cakey at all. Sand is a perfect match for my NC25 tone. I got my bottle last year so I think it could be the old formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my foundation. I have been sampling different shades for about a month now and last week I took the plunge and bought DW in Ivory Nude during Sephora's chic week sale. When I first went in to get a sample I was given two different shades, both of which were darker than my actual skin tone but two weeks ago I went and picked up a lighter shade that I guessed was my shade and I got lucky. I have been on a foundation hunt for about two years now and I think this is the foundation that I will stick with. I have tried many many other kinds of foundation and this one lasts the longest and doesn't irritate my skin. I have acne prone skin, which has been very spotty for the past few months but is finally calming down now. I love how long it lasts and how I can use my beauty blender to smooth it out so it looks like skin. I can get some dry patches on my face and this foundation does cling to dry skin but nothing is perfect. I definitely recommend it to my fellow oily and acne prone girls but I would steer clear if you are dry skinned. Yes it is pretty pricey but I am willing to put more money towards my foundation than other products. Since most products at Sephora are around the $30 range anyways its not much more of a leap to purchase this foundation. Will hopefully continue in my honeymoon phase with this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by blondesbeautybag

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

After having a sample of this foundation, I was simply blown away and had to buy this straight away! I have acne that really affects me. I used this foundation with high hopes and thankfully, this foundation lives up to them and more! I have pale skin so I got shade Cool Bone. It is perfect for me.
I have wasted so much money on foundations and none of them cover my acne/scars but Double Wear is my miracle. It goes on smooth, quite thick but it covers ALL my imperfections like nothing else. My skin doesn't look oily. It stays perfect all day long and doesn't budge! My acne no longer bothers me as much as I know my Estee Lauder covers most of it up, if not all of it. I am so happy paying for this foundation as I have never been so comfortable in my own skin.
I would recommend to absolutely everyone. If you want to see my skin with this foundation on, please visit my blog, http://blondiesbeautybag.blogspot.co.uk/

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by GeorgiePorge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Was really disappointed when I went to purchase another bottle of shell 1c1 and it had been replaced with cool bone. It's a completely different colour and texture and applying make up hasn't been fun since. Due to recent complaints they have now bought shell back! I got a sample today and will try out tomorrow! I hope it's the same as the old stuff as its my HG foundation!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Stays on beautifully over my bb cream but im having a hard time finding a color match, currently using a sample of the color bone. I cant compare to the original formula because i never tried it. I put on my bb cream followed by a damp sponge and a small amount of foundation. I think if you use too much of this is can created a mask or fake look. It does cover redness and doesnt crease but the price is a little steep.