October 22, 2014 | 1393 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Clove conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2005 4:01:00 PM More reviews by mantha

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Rave! SO glad I read the MUA reviews and got this conditioner instead of Artec, which I've used in the past...this one doesn't have a strong smell, and works great. Leaves my hair soft and conditioned, not dry.Doesn't cover the greys but gets the ashiness out of my coloured hair. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2005 5:14:00 PM More reviews by badbadbeanie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This rocks! Keeps my brown color nice and dark =D It's not cheap, but the way I see it, it's much cheaper than touch-up dye. It also leaves your hair really soft, tangle free, and lessens frizz. My only complaint is the bizarre smell, but my biosilk tends to overpower any scent so it's not so bad. HG! **UPDATE** I now use Black Malva instead of Clove. It's for darker hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2005 10:09:00 PM More reviews by flyyy372

this is a great product if your highlights are getting brassy. i have dark brown hair an dmy highlights were getting a little too light and brassy. i use this every few days and it darkens it up a bit, makes the highlights look fresher and makes it blend in better with the roots. make sure you rinse your tub or anywhere the conditioner falls because it may stain. it's a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2005 1:28:00 PM More reviews by BeachGem

Thanks to this board, I bought Clove conditioner. I had used the shampoo a long time ago. Then I started getting blondish highlights on my dark brown hair. Recently I decided to go darker and had my hairstylist put dark brown all over color with a few caramel highlights. Well, they turned out reddish which was fine, but my hair has a hard time keeping color in so those highlights were lightening up. Long story short, I only bought the Clove condish this time and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It gives me such a deep brown sultry chocolate color and I don't have to worry about brassy red tones in my hair. The shampoo is a waste to buy IMO, but the conditioner is now my HG!! I use about once a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2005 6:49:00 PM More reviews by marlatenenbaum

i love this stuff. i died my hair from blond to brown and the color wasn't very natural- kind of a grayish black. so i got the clove conditioner and after a time or my friends and boyfriend commented on how it evened out and looks more natural. i also use the bixa conditioner (i either mix them or i use it every other time) to add some of the red back in that i had bleached out before when i was blond and it looks even MORE natural- most natural brown hair has a tiny bit of red in it, so it really looks good. i leave it on a long time if i need some deep penetrating. i love aveda.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2005 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Sailorina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love! I have lots of long straight brown hair, unfortunately the ends of my hair are lighter than the roots. I cycle this conditioner with the Black Malva conditioner (a black-ish color) to even things up. Yes I hate how it gets all over the tub, but since no one is wondering about my tub when they're gazing at my super shiny dark brown hair, I really couldn't care less. ;-) So moisturizing! Makes my hair color rich looking, soft, and shiny always. (P.S.the conditioner works just fine all by itself, besides I choose to only add the conditioning color to the ends, because my roots are dark enough).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2005 8:41:00 PM More reviews by irbecky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS!!! Makes my hair soft and shiny and deepens the colour of my hair to a rich medium brown. My natural colur is a little lighter and quite ashy. I use this after a gentle shampoo. I find I can mix it half and half with another conditioner and I still only need to use it a few times per week at most, so it's quite cost effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2005 12:26:00 PM More reviews by chubbsc

My natural hair color is black & decided to go wiith a friend to get my hair colored & came out blond. I was mortified & what made it worse was the next day was Monday. There was no way I could go to work looking like that. I recalled my friend using this after a botched hair coloring. I hunted high & low for it & was fortunate to find it at a drug store

Then only thing to know is that you have to really rinse your hair thorougly. This stuff also can get onto pillowcase but otherwise a lifesaver.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2005 10:06:00 AM More reviews by fortiesn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is such a great color conditioner! The smell is heavenly and the color deposit is adjustable - the longer you leave it on the more color that is deposited. I use this in between colorings and love the result. It maintains color and doesn't dry my hair out. My hairdresser has even commented on the effects.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2005 6:19:00 PM More reviews by azerinaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love, LOVE this conditioner! I have long, fine hair and a lot of it, and after I made the decision to stop getting highlights (it was either that or start knocking over gas stations to pay for it), this really corrects the difference between my still-highlighted hair and my slightly darker regrowth. I also think it does a great job of conditioning my hair without feeling heavy or greasy. Just fundamentally a good product.

As with other reviewers, I would likewise suggest that you wash the tub or shower out well... this will stain. And I also apply this, comb through, and then twist into a bun to maximize the results before rinsing out. Works beautifully.

It is expensive, yes, but I only use it once every 7-10 days or so... if I used it every day it would be outrageous. I'd be better off just start getting highlights again! But as it is, it lasts a long time and it's fairly reasonable that way.