Aveda Clove conditioner

4.4

Aqueous (Water, Purified) Extracts: Clove Extract (Organically Grown), Coffee Extract (Organically Grown), Sweet Almond Extract (Organically Grown), Wild Cherry Bark Extract (Organically Grown), Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Organically Grown), Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate (Palm), Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Copolyol (Silica), Glycerin (Coconut), Behenamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate (Rapeseed), Distearyldimonium Chloride (Coconut), Babassu Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol (Rice Bran), Steardimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Glyceryl Stearate (Coconut), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar Beans), Dicapryl Ether (Coconut), Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut), Cetrimonium Chloride (Mixed Plant), Cyclomethicone (Rapeseed), Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose (Cellulose), Sodium Citrate (Molasses), Citric Acid (Molasses), Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Annatto (Colorant), Caramel, Basic Brown 17 (Colorant), Basic Yellow 57 (Colorant), Basic Blue 99 (Colorant), Basic Red 76 (Colorant

on 2/4/2006 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff too. I have colored my hair to a med-dark brown & this really brings out the color--refreshes it. I apply it mixed 1/2 & 1/2 w/ another conditioner, apply it first to the hairline then the rest of the hair, cap it & sit for 10-15" for good saturation. It helps a bit w/ the greying around the hairline. It isn't intended to seriously deal w/ greys tho. Best for me, besides the color oomph I get from this, is that it leaves my thick frizzy dry porous hair (think horse hair) decently smooth and shiny. I have never had that silky hair texture but this stuff + my chi flatiron, gets me as close as I've ever got.

on 1/12/2006 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Oh yeah! I needed this conditioner. I have med brown hair that get's brassy from sun. I found at Rite Aid for 16.99, I thought expensive, but I wanted to try top pick conditioner from MUA. My hair smells good and feels refreshed. Color is warm with no brassy highlights. Will definetly purchase again.

on 1/4/2006 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

i have only used this product once, today, according to my hair guru's directions (use on dry, dirty hair, rinse- don't shampoo- after 15 minutes) and not the manufacturer's directions (use after shampooing for 3-5 minutes). i got great saturation on my long-ago-platinum hair. my hair was a slightly reddish, deep brown. i was looking for a more natural brown, for which i usually use biolage earth tones natural brown conditioner, but as luck would have it, they discontinued it this week :/ i like it, but i don't love it like the biolage product, which incidentally is smaller & more expensive!

I love this product. It's expensive, but it's worth it.

on 11/4/2005 4:01:00 PM

Rave! SO glad I read the MUA reviews and got this conditioner instead of Artec, which I've used in the past...this one doesn't have a strong smell, and works great. Leaves my hair soft and conditioned, not dry.Doesn't cover the greys but gets the ashiness out of my coloured hair. Love it!

on 10/28/2005 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This rocks! Keeps my brown color nice and dark =D It's not cheap, but the way I see it, it's much cheaper than touch-up dye. It also leaves your hair really soft, tangle free, and lessens frizz. My only complaint is the bizarre smell, but my biosilk tends to overpower any scent so it's not so bad. HG! **UPDATE** I now use Black Malva instead of Clove. It's for darker hair.

on 8/10/2005 10:09:00 PM

this is a great product if your highlights are getting brassy. i have dark brown hair an dmy highlights were getting a little too light and brassy. i use this every few days and it darkens it up a bit, makes the highlights look fresher and makes it blend in better with the roots. make sure you rinse your tub or anywhere the conditioner falls because it may stain. it's a great product!

on 7/13/2005 1:28:00 PM

Thanks to this board, I bought Clove conditioner. I had used the shampoo a long time ago. Then I started getting blondish highlights on my dark brown hair. Recently I decided to go darker and had my hairstylist put dark brown all over color with a few caramel highlights. Well, they turned out reddish which was fine, but my hair has a hard time keeping color in so those highlights were lightening up. Long story short, I only bought the Clove condish this time and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It gives me such a deep brown sultry chocolate color and I don't have to worry about brassy red tones in my hair. The shampoo is a waste to buy IMO, but the conditioner is now my HG!! I use about once a week.

i love this stuff. i died my hair from blond to brown and the color wasn't very natural- kind of a grayish black. so i got the clove conditioner and after a time or my friends and boyfriend commented on how it evened out and looks more natural. i also use the bixa conditioner (i either mix them or i use it every other time) to add some of the red back in that i had bleached out before when i was blond and it looks even MORE natural- most natural brown hair has a tiny bit of red in it, so it really looks good. i leave it on a long time if i need some deep penetrating. i love aveda.

on 6/21/2005 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love! I have lots of long straight brown hair, unfortunately the ends of my hair are lighter than the roots. I cycle this conditioner with the Black Malva conditioner (a black-ish color) to even things up. Yes I hate how it gets all over the tub, but since no one is wondering about my tub when they're gazing at my super shiny dark brown hair, I really couldn't care less. ;-) So moisturizing! Makes my hair color rich looking, soft, and shiny always. (P.S.the conditioner works just fine all by itself, besides I choose to only add the conditioning color to the ends, because my roots are dark enough).