August 30, 2014 | 1804 users online

Shampoo - Aveda - Color Conserve

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2005 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Kay30

Ewwww. This shampoo seems really oily and made my hair feel greasy and gross. The smell is yucky too. I got it free from my salon and would not buy this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2005 7:08:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got my hair colored at an Aveda salon, which turned out great. And my stylist recommended the Color Conserve, since I am paranoid about my color fading. I really like it. I have fine hair but a lot of it, and this shampoo doesn't weigh my hair down. It leaves it clean and not feeling stripped. Its a little pricey, and if you like the clean and herbaly smell...then you will like this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2005 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Angela1416

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not for me. I used the Color Conserve shampoo and conditoner, way too drying for my hair. My hair felt like straw and just awful. The smell was different but i kind of liked it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2005 12:13:00 AM More reviews by DaphneB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok- I get my hair cut and colored at an Aveda salon and they use color conserve on my hair. My hair looks and feels great when I leave the salon so I decided to buy the shampoo. I love the smell of it. The weird thing is that when I got home and used the shampoo, it just weighed my hair down. (I have very thick, course hair.) Maybe, I'm just not rinsing it out very well, but after using it a few times at home, I threw it out. I will not be repurchasing this shampoo again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2005 4:43:00 PM More reviews by mo22duffy

ok...not quite conditioning enough is my bitch. smells kinda weird too, come to think of it. just ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2005 8:11:00 PM More reviews by LoriRB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I REALLY LIKE THIS SHAMPOO. I HAD VERY DRY-COARSE HAIR, AND PUT A STRAIGHTNER IN IT THAT DESTROYED THE HAIR I WORKED SO HARD TO GET. AFTER ALOT OF GROWING OUT AND CRYING. MY HAIR WAS STILL BAD, BUT IT WAS TIME TO GO BACK TO MY NATURAL COLOR AND NOT TOUCH MY HAIR AGIAN UNTIL I TURN GRAY(I'VE LEARNED MY LESSON). I LOVE AVEDA HAIR PRODUCTS. THEY ARE SO GENTLE AND SMELL AWESOME. THIS SHAMPOO HAS LASTED ME ABOUT 2 MONTHS AND MY COLOR WHICH IS DARK BROWN HASN'T CHANGED AT ALL (MY HAIR WAS A STRAW COLOR BEFORE I DYED IT). I WOULD BUY THIS AGAIN.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2005 2:48:00 AM More reviews by ayala

This shampoo can truly irritate your skin and flake your sculp. I recommend trying it before buying. Especially since there are other wonderful Aveda shampoos that work will with hair colour (Sap Moss is my favourite).
Truly regret I got this one. I use it whenever I feel like scratching my head...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2005 5:19:00 PM More reviews by juicylucy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this, though I thought I wouldn't after reading the reviews. I got the sample sized bottles, so gave it a go. My hair is fine and lacks body. This does not weigh it down at all. It doesn't volumise it either, but it makes it soft and shiny. I alos love the smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2005 11:54:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I buy the big jug for price and I really like this for my highlights and cleanses well without weighting down

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2005 5:09:00 PM More reviews by PunkKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have recently become an Aveda-aholic...

I really like this shampoo. It cleans well and doesn't strip my color treated hair. I have yet to see it's full color protecting miracles (I get my hair dyed next weekend), however I like it much much more than Pureology for it's consistant performance. I have not found this shampoo to be "slimy" feeling, however I do need to work it in a good lather in my hands before applying it to my head. My only gripe is the scent...I normally LOVE Aveda's smells but this is almost too sharp smelling...it should be either orangy or minty - NOT BOTH! The smell reminds me of when you brush your teeth after drinking OJ! Blech!

***EDITED*** I had my hair dyed again about a week ago. NO COLOR came out when I washed it! YIPPIE! I think I may have found my HG shampoo (despite the funky smell :o)