Mason Pearson Pure Bristle Brush

4.6

I'm one of those girls who need to brush a few times a day to keep their hair in place. So I got these in two sizes-- large for my vanity table and the pocket size for work, as the big one is too unwieldy to chuck into my bag daily. I have long, fine hair so the big size is perfect, but I would think someone with shoulder length hair or shorter would do just as well with any of the smaller ones. The Mason Pearson pure boar bristle brush does a wonderful job of making my hair look silky and healthy, and my scalp feels massaged afterwards. It does cause a bit of static but I just smooth my hair down after I'm done brushing and it looks fine afterwards. My fabulous BF, who unexpectedly paid for both when he saw me ordering this online, can always tell whether I've used my MP or not because of the difference in my hair's sheen (and you know how guys don't notice these kind of things in general). More importantly, I notice the difference myself! This is a very good investment for your hair.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy cow, a brush over $100 USD!!! At first, I couldn't have imagined spending that kind of money for a hair brush! But, it's so worth it. It's 100% pure boar bristle, so it's the most gentle on your hair. It's suppose to evenly distribute the natural oils in your hair to make it smooth and silky. If you take care of it, it will last you at least 10 years. Mine is still like new (and I purchased it 2 years ago). A must have (expecially those with long hair)!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I couldn't believe I spent over $100 on a hairbrush, but Mason Pearson products are a worthy investment. I've had my boar bristle brush for two years now, and it hasn't started to fall apart yet - not even a little. It comes with a special cleaning brush to remove any accumulation of hairballs, and it's very easy to wash and clean. This brush helped me grow my hair out - each time I run it through my hair, I have more volume, and I don't get oily at the roots like usual. This does a very good job of distributing the hair's natural oils throughout each strand so you get more manageability and lots of shine.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I must say that this brush is sooooo bad. I spent $126.00 and sent it back as soon as I received it. My hair is fine and this brush was recommended to me. It makes my hair so staticy, you cant use it for styling your hair. And trust you me its not the money, I've spent more on alot worse. I cant understand why anyone in their right mind would spend so much for a hair brush that does nothing special for hair. I do love it for my little girl, she hates brushing her hair cause it tangles so easy. And she lets me brush her hair with this brush cause it does not break her hair or pull it out. So I will be purchasing the child brush for her, but for an adult I just dont understand why.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The BEST! Sure, I'd buy this again...but...I'll never have to, thanks to the superior quality. This is a miracle for my damaged, frizzy, wavy hair, transforming it into a silky, shiny mass. I love the way it massages my scalp and distributes the oils to the tips of my hair. Even hubby says it makes a huge difference! Worth every penny.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have had my Mason Pearson boar bristle brush for nineteen years and it's still as good as the day I got it -- for Christmas, when I was seven! This brush is it. continued >>

I love this brush for my frizzy hair--especially after I straighten it!!!

I've been using a drugstore pure bristle brush for a very long time while trying to talk myself out of getting this one. I am so happy I failed! I was ready to accept that I was paying a lot of money for a brush that only *looks* better than my other one, but that is definitely not the case. I am stunned at the visible results (mostly incredible shine) from this brush. Not to mention it looks so pretty and satisfying on my dresser!

The best thing that's ever happened to my hair. Been using it for years and love it to pieces. It goes straight to my scalp, massages it and carries the oil throughout the hair. Great quality. With good care will last your for years.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I own the Popular brush and frankly, I can't tell the difference between it and the $10 mixed boar/nylon bristle brush that I picked up at Sally's BEFORE purchasing my Mason Pearson. I do love the fact that it comes with a little cleaner brush... but really, I feel that this brush may be more hype than anything. Perhaps I'll change my mind in 10 or 20 years-- if this very expensive brush is still in GREAT condition!

Top Rated Mason Pearson Products