Dior Miss Dior

on 3/3/2005 1:22:00 PM

Miss Dior... ahhh, this scent always brings back fond memories. :) A friend introduced me to this when she was working at a Dior counter in the '80s, and I immediately fell in love with it. Beautiful, classic scent with such a touching story behind it's creation which adds to its appeal. :) Comes in a very chic frosted, houndstooth-detailed bottle. I especially love wearing Miss Dior in autumn/winter.

on 2/25/2005 11:18:00 PM

Impressively elegant, this juxtaposition of ethereal florals and uncompromising chypre! Impeccable. Alabaster sculpture, chamber music, high tea.

on 1/18/2005 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Definately a scent from yesteryear. I imagine it was the hip fragrance in the 50's. OK if you want that retro aroma.

on 12/2/2004 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Another Dior that I had to try again. It's a classic, very 50s type of fragrance, and although I have spent most of my adult life in love with chypres, this one just doesn't cut it. It smells dated, to my nose. I know fragrance is a very personal thing, and a particular fragrance can be beautiful on one, hideous on another. This one belongs in the latter category on me. But in my own defense I must add, that even on a paper strip I find this to be a non-perfume type of perfume, i.e. not very feminine, nor masculine, nor anything else in particular really. In the green-mossy-chypre category I prefer the younger and more sparkling Y by Yves Saint Laurent.

on 10/19/2004 10:57:00 AM

I totally agree with "katiedid". The scent is more suitable for old ladies. The bottle is beautiful, anyway.

on 10/12/2004 9:53:00 AM

For fans of Guerlain Vol de Nuit, Caron Alpona etc. A timeless floral chypre that is always elegant, always appropriate whatever the occasion.

Top Notes: Bergamot, aldehydes, clary sage, gardenia, galbanum

Heart Notes: Rose, jasmine, lily of the valley, carnation, orris

Base Notes: Patchouli, oakmoss, amber, vetiver, sandalwood, leather.

on 9/20/2004 10:44:00 PM

I agree with those nice reviews here. Miss Dior is an elegant mossy-chypre, classy and chic, a classic fragrance but always young. I used to wear it a lot when I was in my 20's. I like the simple and elegant bottle, too.
***** EDIT (January 2005): I tried it in a store after about 15 or almost 20 years: well, probably it is a bit out of date today or maybe it is even reformulated (like most of old perfumes). I couldn't found out this special, elegant and young scent that I remember from my 20's. Anyway, 5 lippies here are for good old days when it was a fab fragrance.

on 9/20/2004 9:31:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is a wonderful fragrance that on me has the powdery, elegant, spicy, warm, sensual, expensive, unique, and long lasting smell and feel that I want from my perfumes. I first wore this years ago and at the time didn't know anyone else who wore it. I still don't smell it often on others which is a shame because it's so great. I'm always complimented by both men and women when I wear it and when I tell people it's Miss Dior most have never heard of it. If it's hard to find keep looking because it's definitely worth the time and money.

on 8/22/2004 10:43:00 PM

How I love Miss Dior! This is a classic worth revisiting. There just aren't any other fragrances like this on the market today. It's an interesting mix of soft woods, florals and chypre notes. Imagine what you'd get if you crossed YSL Y with Guerlain Vol de Nuit...that's Miss Dior. It's a chypre, but not as "green" as most. Notes include gardenia, galbanum, bergamot, clary sage, jasmine, narcissus, neroli, rose, patchouli, oakmoss, labdanum and sandalwood. It's not as floral as you'd expect for a scent named "Miss Dior" (which to me sounds a bit prissy). When I smell this I think of dried leaves, autumn air and herb shops. This fragrance was a stunner when it was introduced in 1947, and it still smells fresh and unique. A perfect scent for those days when you can't decide which fragrance to spritz on; this one fits well into any occasion and is easy to wear.

on 4/12/2004 9:43:00 PM

Luckily, I got this from my friends who came to visit me, straight from Paris. I wasn't crazy about this fragrance, even though I absolutely adore all things Dior. Guess I'm just not a chypre, green notes person.

Popular Fragrances