The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Emulsion Stabilizer), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (Viscosity Increasing Agent), HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer (Anticaking Agent), Fragrance (Fragrance), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Glycerin (Humectant), Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Polysilicone-11 (Film Former), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Silica (Absorbent), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Water (Solvent/Diluent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Mica (Opacifier), Titanium Dioxide (Colour).

on 6/27/2008 1:59:00 PM

ADORING this product!!!

In the past, I used the Vitamin C Antioxidant treatment from Boscia, which was lovely, but rather expensive at around $48 a bottle (and the bottle is small). Since then, I have been looking for another Vitamin C serum since it truly does bring out more radiant skin.

This serum is fairly inexpensive--$25ish for a bottle. The product is a silky, velvety gel. Imagine liquid silicone--that's what it seems like.. not watery or runny at all. It is transluscent and has a light citrus scent.

Glides on effortlessly and invisibly. I use about a pump and a half to cover my entire face. In a matter of days, I saw my face looking much more radiant... and I usually do not notice these types of effects!!

Non-greasy and great under moisturizer, sunscreen, and whatever else you may add on. Doesn't clog pores or irritate. Love Love Love this!!

And plus, I have sensitive skin... can't use many primer type substances.. but this is awesome!!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am not sure what the 'boost' is specifically for this product. It does smell great and makes my skin feel smooth when I first put it on. The only thing I have really noticed is that my acne scars are really clearing up, which doesn't seem in line with it's purported properties. It is a nice product that refreshes the skin, but it seems a bit expensive for what it does. Also pretty much every paraben in existence is in this stuff. I think I will leave this when it's gone, but continue using the vitamin c face lotion.

on 6/11/2008 6:43:00 PM

Great smell, makes your skin feel as smooth as the proverbial baby's bum and really does seem to make a difference. Only thing that really irritates me beyond belief is the clear cap that you get over the pump, I lost it after owning this for two days. This would stand no chance in my bag if I was travelling. Although I have to admit, for this stuff I would risk it! Totally addictive, and for the price worth a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This will brighten your skin and make it look amazing, much better than the moisture white light

on 6/6/2008 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

WOW !
i recently brought this product because of the hype surronding it and when i took it home and tried it i was so happy with the results. It left my skin feeling gorgeous and smelling amazing, i use it with the Vitamin c cleansing polish and the Vitaimin c energising fae spritz and its lovely :)
xo

on 5/13/2008 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Skin type: sensitive and combined (both dry patches, oily T-zone and i tend to have a few spots).

Before i bought this product, i could really use some moist and some glow to my skin.

Did i get that?
Well.... not in a "Boom! Its a MIRACLE!" kind of way. I haven't really noticed if my skin is glowing more than before i started using this. But enough doubt - my skin has become rather pretty, and i do not suffer that much from dryness anymore. I guess it has improved my skin in some sort of way.

But i really need to mention the scent and the texture. The scent is delicious - like oranges, and the texture is a slightly greasy gel - but it does not feel greasy or heavy on the skin. It does not clog my pores.

on 4/3/2008 11:50:00 PM

I was not sure about the product when I first tried it on the back of hands. It feels like another silicon gel that temporarily smooths out the complexion but indeed does nothing good to your skin. However, the BA I trust kept telling me this stuff was awesome. I did nto see silicon in the ingredient list and I knew the product got quite some raves here. What the heck, I thought. As it was almost free after discounts, I brought it home. I am happy I did!

I use it every morning under the VE night cream. It does what it claims to, boosting the skin! My face is more evenly toned, a lot brighter and smoother, totally glowy. I have been using it for a month and still in love with it! Highly recommended.

on 3/10/2008 8:51:00 PM

In short- this product is amazing! I have genuinely never used a product that has made such a marked difference to my skin as this. Despite my initial scepticism this product has improved my skin tone tenfold, it has reduced my pore size (and thus reduced and eliminated any blackheads i had), as well as evening out my skin tone making it look more refreshed and glowy. I think it is fairly expensive for the amount you get, but since I can't bear to be without it I think I shall have to repurchase!

on 3/9/2008 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have no idea if/what the benefits of this is over time, but this product is really terrific to use. It's consistency is like that of a serum and it glides right into my skin. My skin feels *very* soft after I use it. You can apply it at any time. It's a nice "boost" in the middle of the day even if I'm not in the middle of my skin regimen. The scent is like fresh fruit - a wonderful orange fragrance. The bottle has a pump for easy use, although the little clear cap on it is flimsy and annoying to take on and off. After I use this, I notice a slight radiance to my skin and vitamin c is very good for you (although I don't know how much skin actually absorbs the vitamin c topically). This is such a great find, and much less expensive than other vitamin c treatments I've found. I'll be repurchasing when I run out.

on 2/25/2008 11:54:00 PM

I work at TBS, and I really like a lot of our products, but the one I LOVE is the Vitamin C Skin Boost. After the first week of using it, I got soooo many compliments on my skin. It looked incredible. I had spots, from acne scaring and just picking at my face, and this really got rid of them. I can not live without this product, I ran out of it, and went for two days without it, and my skin regime was not the same. I love how it makes my skin feel. I have combo skin with hormonal breakouts that time of the month. I am supposed to put all body shop products on a pedestal at work, but I don't often agree with all of our products and how well they work, but this one is a winner. Trust me you wont regret buying it. It seems oily initially but it fades and makes your skin look flawless after some use, it's perfect before applying makeup.

Popular Moisturizers