August 30, 2014 | 989 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Skin Boost

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by coastfansocal

This will brighten your skin and make it look amazing, much better than the moisture white light

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by SophieGracee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

WOW !
i recently brought this product because of the hype surronding it and when i took it home and tried it i was so happy with the results. It left my skin feeling gorgeous and smelling amazing, i use it with the Vitamin c cleansing polish and the Vitaimin c energising fae spritz and its lovely :)
xo

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2008 6:29:00 AM More reviews by Tsu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Skin type: sensitive and combined (both dry patches, oily T-zone and i tend to have a few spots).

Before i bought this product, i could really use some moist and some glow to my skin.

Did i get that?
Well.... not in a "Boom! Its a MIRACLE!" kind of way. I haven't really noticed if my skin is glowing more than before i started using this. But enough doubt - my skin has become rather pretty, and i do not suffer that much from dryness anymore. I guess it has improved my skin in some sort of way.

But i really need to mention the scent and the texture. The scent is delicious - like oranges, and the texture is a slightly greasy gel - but it does not feel greasy or heavy on the skin. It does not clog my pores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

I was not sure about the product when I first tried it on the back of hands. It feels like another silicon gel that temporarily smooths out the complexion but indeed does nothing good to your skin. However, the BA I trust kept telling me this stuff was awesome. I did nto see silicon in the ingredient list and I knew the product got quite some raves here. What the heck, I thought. As it was almost free after discounts, I brought it home. I am happy I did!

I use it every morning under the VE night cream. It does what it claims to, boosting the skin! My face is more evenly toned, a lot brighter and smoother, totally glowy. I have been using it for a month and still in love with it! Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by domino23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In short- this product is amazing! I have genuinely never used a product that has made such a marked difference to my skin as this. Despite my initial scepticism this product has improved my skin tone tenfold, it has reduced my pore size (and thus reduced and eliminated any blackheads i had), as well as evening out my skin tone making it look more refreshed and glowy. I think it is fairly expensive for the amount you get, but since I can't bear to be without it I think I shall have to repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have no idea if/what the benefits of this is over time, but this product is really terrific to use. It's consistency is like that of a serum and it glides right into my skin. My skin feels *very* soft after I use it. You can apply it at any time. It's a nice "boost" in the middle of the day even if I'm not in the middle of my skin regimen. The scent is like fresh fruit - a wonderful orange fragrance. The bottle has a pump for easy use, although the little clear cap on it is flimsy and annoying to take on and off. After I use this, I notice a slight radiance to my skin and vitamin c is very good for you (although I don't know how much skin actually absorbs the vitamin c topically). This is such a great find, and much less expensive than other vitamin c treatments I've found. I'll be repurchasing when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by tahkneeah

I work at TBS, and I really like a lot of our products, but the one I LOVE is the Vitamin C Skin Boost. After the first week of using it, I got soooo many compliments on my skin. It looked incredible. I had spots, from acne scaring and just picking at my face, and this really got rid of them. I can not live without this product, I ran out of it, and went for two days without it, and my skin regime was not the same. I love how it makes my skin feel. I have combo skin with hormonal breakouts that time of the month. I am supposed to put all body shop products on a pedestal at work, but I don't often agree with all of our products and how well they work, but this one is a winner. Trust me you wont regret buying it. It seems oily initially but it fades and makes your skin look flawless after some use, it's perfect before applying makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this product because people are always talking about how important vitamin C is for healthy skin, and there aren't many affordable vitamin C skincare products available around here. Well this is really amazing and surpassed all of my expectations for it, so pleased! At first when I used it I didn't notice much of a difference but one day I got up and looked in the mirror and I thought, I had such radiant, glowing skin and it also seemed lighter in colour (always a big plus in my plain dark brownish NC30-NC40ish book!), it also seemed to have a more even skintone and less redness. I wondered what could be responsible for all these amazing improvements as I couldn't really remember having made any changes to my usual skincare routine. But then I remembered that I had started to use this skin boost a few days ago, it was the only change I had made in my skincare routine so I thought it must be that. So I continued using it and I seem to get better and better skin every day, I could almost even go to work without foundation (and I never go to work without foundation or a TM, I see a lot of people and I like to look good in front of them hehe!), my skin looks so nice now I could go without foundation at all on bumming around days. The tone is much more even and not very much blotchiness any more, there is much less redness. The only little problem I still have is I still have some melasma left over from pregnancy (yucky melasma!) but I started a lightening treatment on that (not TBS, just a d/s brand), don't notice too much of a difference yet on that however. If things continue like this I will always always always have a bottle of this skin boost on hand, it will become one of my 4 HGs in skincare. Only gripe is with the super high price (22), so I suppose I will just have to take advantage of the sales to stock up and stock up! Oh yes one bummer is the ingredients list, this is full of parabens I think it must have every paraben in the world, but maybe that's necessary to keep all that vitamin C fresh?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by manny1996

I was really excited to use this product after reading the positive reviews, but after two days, my chin was an pimply mess! I so loved the way this product smelled and how easily it went on my face, but something didn't agree with me at all. The weird thing is that I only broke out on my chin. I'm going back to using my olay serum- it doesn't smell as nice, but it works.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

Sorry to disagree with many, but I did not care for this product at all. I have normal to oily skin that is in good shape for my 40s. This is a rather nice texture that smooths well onto the skin. Although it is apparently for all skin types, I find that my skin become very shiney and oily when I use it. I only use a teeny pump. Even if I use it just at night, I wake with a super oily face. I used it for some time, then just gave up and tossed the remainder. I did like the packaging: the pump bottle was very nice. Might be tough to know when you run out because the bottle is opaque.