September 2, 2014 | 1947 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solution

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2008 2:03:00 AM More reviews by olliebollie

pros - smells nice
- skin felt clean after
- cleanser felt nice on sensitive skin

cons - toner and spot cream sting alot
- very expensive
- i used it for about 4 months and it didnt do a thing

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2008 8:31:00 AM More reviews by al82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

terrible!
burnt me and left me with red pigmentation scarring!
not suitable for sensitve skins!
didnt even help the spots,slower to disappear as f this product actually pevented them from healing.
big thumbs down clinique....

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2008 4:55:00 AM More reviews by dollbabyy

I used the 3-Step Anti-Blemish for about a week and it was absolutely horrible!!

My skin became really dry and it only worsened my pimples. I was left with red spots, which i never before ever had, and having been about a month now, they are only just starting to fade away.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2008 9:23:00 AM More reviews by huiwen86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been troubled with acne sort of on and off. Recently, this problem escalated, and I have been having trouble controlling it. I tried Benzoyl Peroxide, but my skin is strangely immune to the effects of even the strongest benzoyl peroxide (all it does is just make my skin oilier).

A friend of mine suggested that I try Clinique, so this is the first time I am using a Clinique range of skin-care. I am reviewing the 3-step trial pack, and so far, it's been a little more than 2 weeks since I have started using it.

Let's start with the pros. I think the pump bottle for the cleanser is a great way of controlling how much product you want to use. It cleans very well, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry after cleasing. It also quite effectively removes light makeup. The toner (probably my favourite out of the 3 products) feels really good on the skin, and leaves it feeling very refreshed. The moisturiser smells wonderful. After 2 weeks, the smaller pimples have disappeared, and my pores appear to be finer.

The cons. It's a bit pricey (although if you get it through strawberry.net or ebay you might save a bit). However, as some people have said before, you only need to use a little bit of this product, so it lasts awhile. You'll probably end up spending less using this than cheaper over-the-counter products. The moisturiser feels a little bit too rich for my skin, and leaves it looking a little shiny. Even a thin layer feels very rich, although to its credit, it is rich yet does not cause me to breakout. So, I would say it's good for winter.
Although my smaller pimples seemed to have shrunk, I still have a number of huge ones. Maybe in a few more weeks, these might (hopefully) disappear.

In addition to this, I am also using the treatment gel. It does dry out the pimple a little bit. I love this much more than the Biotherm Anti-Spot SOS gel, because it does not flake off under makeup. In fact, it sits very well beneath my foundation. It's not as strong as benzoyl peroxide, so it does not stimulate my oil glands. A little tube seems to last for a long time, as you only need a little bit to dab over problem areas.

Although I have selected "yes" to buying this product again, I will most probably wait till I have finished the trial pack before deciding. :) At this stage, it looks promising.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by jjjaney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have mild acne, lots of breakouts on my chin and forhead.
This product has cleared up my skin really nicely!
its kept my skin in tip top condition and has evened out my skin tone and made it smooth and clear
BUT it hasn't prevented my small breakouts that i get during that time of the month.. and the first week it can make you a little dry, but it TAKES TIME! be patient.
AND i have used this for about a year and now im thinking of switching to something else because i get this feeling its lost its potency so my skin is too used to it, so a good switch up and then back to this one again should do the trick!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by shiz197

Useless. It doesn't get rid of blemishes at all, even the tiniest ones. I would expect some improvement too but again, nothing at all. I'm extremely disappointed with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 5:39:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I do not have acne or major problems with blemishes (a part one terrible period two years ago now fixed) but I do have my ‘monthly’ pimple! I have been using anti-blemish solution for years now… one little tube lasts forever and the product does the job. Well…. the scent is disturbing (is smells like vinyl glue) and it burns like hell when you apply it - mind you,… never on an ‘open’ pimple or wound…the pain is terrible!! – BUT… it works!! Dries up the infaust blemish and you are happy again the day after. I am not quite sure about the ingredients (if they are healthy or not) but, considered the tiny amount you use, and it really works at the end… well… I’d say it’s a remedy one must have in the beauty case!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 11:42:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lasts forever, and I agree with the review that says it either makes them easy to pop or kills it completely. It does not dry out my skin but I use it once a day, twice only if I have some serious issues but that is rare. I have very sensitive skin and it does not irritate at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2007 3:56:00 AM More reviews by dessuchiko

I'm actually using the anti-blemish solutions 3-step system, and I love it! I've only used it for about 2.5 weeks, and the number of acne on my face has dramatically reduced (I used to have tons of small acne and whiteheads spread over my T-zone and cheeks). My T-zone used to be oily as well, but I immediately noticed a difference after using the solutions for the first time; my T-zone hasnt been that oily anymore ever since. This product has really helped my skin from breaking out. I'd definitely recommend it to those with acne-prone skin. One bit of warning though, if you have dry skin, then this product might dry it out quite a bit.

UPDATE:
I wouldn't buy this ever again. Too pricey! I went to a beauty clinic in my hometown in Jakarta (Indonesia) and got some acne clearing treatments for a lot cheaper and a lot more effective than this Clinique stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2007 5:55:00 PM More reviews by katypie232

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this on the annoying, naughty, white heads that spring up every now and then, and the terrible acne spots that keep rearing their ugly head every few months but only one at a time. It works very well to kill the spots dead and doesn't make the skin or spot flaky and too dry to conceal. For whiteheads i see results within 2-3 hours of the first application, with the acne spots it has to be applied over a period 2-3 days, but it makes them disappear much sooner. The only negative is that the gel itself tends to flake on your skin, making it obvious what you've got going on if you're careful when applying it. Lasts forever too, i've had mine a year.