April 18, 2014 | 1299 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by saeuna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The packaging is gorgeous, and even though the little applicator (which resembles the pathetic offspring of a cloth and a puff more than anything else) is basically useless, it's a very, very nice powder. 70 Beige matched my skin tone perfectly, but I imagine that the translucency makes shades suitable for more than one tone. It gave my normal-to-slightly-dry skin a nice finish, but I can't speak to its oil-absorbing capacities.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by JulieZhu

great powder, really make my skin looks "flawless",the only drawback is it fails to control my oily T-zone.
The package is classic and elegant,easy to carry around for some touch-ups,i like the mirror a lot but hate the ugly pad with it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by lubenica1

I have had this compact for 5 years now, and still haven't used it up, even though I use it almost every day. So, in terms of value, it is excellent.
It is very finally milled, it sets foundation/eyeshadow beautifully, does not look cakey or artificial and the colour is really natural on me - I am PPP with pinky complexion. It does what it is supposed to do but it is almost unnoticeable itself on the face, which is great!

It is not marketed as an oil control product, so for the very oily skined people, it might not be perfect. However, it is great for normal to dry skins, even a bit oily is fine, but not too oily.

The coverage is light, and if used alone, it just gives lovely matt-translucent look to the skin.
The only remark I can make is that the spongy aplicator is a bit flimsy and cheap but it still works. Perhaps if I washed it once in a while, it would work better, lol.
Overall, a very good product that does not clog pores and lasts forever. I will definitely buy it again when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Babyseita

Okay I took off 1 lippie because the price of this with tax comes out to about $50. And for package quality I gave this a 3 because for $50 the outside of this compact should be made of some sort of rubber/cushioning material in the event that if it falls to the ground $50 doesn't crumble into a million tiny pieces.
Other than that, this is my HG for powder. I love this stuff. It doesn't make me break out (knocks on wood) and it sits on top of my skin (as opposed to absorbing into my skin and needing to reapply). As the name says, it's translucent to some degree. If you're looking for powder to cake on and make your skin look gross, this IS NOT your powder. This powder will even out your skin a bit and do a fabulous job in covering shine. It lasts a long time, as in hours, and the amount of product lasts a long time too (for me it last about 4-6 months).
I made this my powder a few years ago and never turned back. When I do have to repurchase I *HATE* shelling out $50, but I know this product performs and is always good to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Lexxe

I have this powder in Translucent 2. I use this over my Dior foundation and find that it sets really well and gives just enough 'mattification' to look polished but not "painted". I have found that it's easy to be a little heavy handed and end up looking a little too powedery, so definitely start out very lightly and build up. I actually don't hate the applicator like so many others seem to, it does the job! And of course, the packaging is adorable. I only wish the price was a little lower, but it should last at least a year if not longer. My last one lasted a good 2 years.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Burningacid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Peche, because I wanted to have a powder with a little shimmer in it. The shimmer is perfect for that I was locking for, but the colour make me a little grey. I have fair skin and it is a little too dark for me too, but it is pretty sheer and that`t not a big problem. The grey part bothers me! The package is nothing special. I like Dior`s much better. The puff I will never use. It is horrible beside the price! I will not repurchase because this will last me forever and because it made me a little grey. But the funny thing is that the powder make me grey only when I put it on foundation or tinted moisturizer. On it`s own is good and sheer. It is really sheer powder. I would return it , if I haven`t get it, because of the return of my Kanebo`s powder wich was really nice and so mild, but not the powder that I was looking for. The fact is that I use it and I like it, but it is nothing special. It is not conroling oil, I have combo skin but it is alright for my skin, I am not really oily. Perfect for dry skin, because I do not feel it on my skin at all. really not irritating or drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by angour

This is a rather fine powder that is easy to apply and that provides a natural finish.

What I do not like about it is:
1) the limit of shades - their latest one is not light enough for my skin, I could only use it if tanned a bit
2) it finishes *very* fast
3) no oil control whatsoever, had to re-apply it all the time

Will not re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by ReenBean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Finely milled and felt great upon application so that my skin pretty much looked flawless after putting this on (after foundation). However I have to say that is not a great feat as I (luckily) have had pretty clear skin all my life. Also, like most oily t-zone girls, it seems nothing will stop the shine appearing come noon. I have not re-purchased but may do so in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Pummelo

Well, the jury's still out on whether or not I'd repurchase this powder. It does the job of matte-fying my shiny t-zone area and blending well. However, I need to repowder every couple of hours, since there doesn't seem to be much of a long-lasting effect. I'm using it during cooler months, so god knows how well it holds up during humid/warm days. Maybe I just expect more from a Chanel product. The packaging is, of course, elegant. However, what is up with the flimsy applicator that comes with it? I would expect much more from Chanel...hell, I would expect more from Revlon. I ended up ditching it immediately.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 8:46:00 AM More reviews by milkypop

You can expect finely milled silky powder that won't chalk your complexion up. This is the main plus point of the product. However, the oil control and staying power leaves much to be desired. My skin doesn't usually get so shiny in a few hours with my other powders (e.g Clinque, Kose), but with this it just does. Worse, when i blot, the powder comes right off. This does not happen with my Kose powder, which simply adheres to my skin even through blotting, and till i wash it off. I am on Roaccutane now, to control my acne, and it makes my skin very dry. Even so, the Chanel can't hold up.

I got this through a swap and was initially pleased with such lovely texture, sadly it fails in other important areas. I definitely won't buy this. I was interested in the loose version which is very popular, but because of this pressed version, i have to give it a second thought.