October 25, 2014 | 859 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Fructis Shampoo - Dry & Damaged

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2005 5:46:00 PM More reviews by snafuish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the fruity smell of this, but it left my hair feeling a bit coated after several use. Too bad though, cos I really like the smell!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2004 5:32:00 PM More reviews by jokasta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yuk, yuk, yuk! This is disaster for hair. At first my hair felt all nice, smooth and shiny but it builds up so much and so fast that my hair started looking and feeling like a MESS! My hair is dry but this line left me with awful greasiness on my scalp even right after washing. Then it started to look incredibly dull, tangled, dry and lifeless and I couldn't figure out what was the reason. I was having the worst bad hairdays of my life, everyday!! Lifeless uncontrolable, frizzy hair...I was depressed. So I switched to another brand and guess what, my hair has returned to normal and looking great.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2004 1:37:00 PM More reviews by spanky1118

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I did not care for this shampoo at all, although I gave it a few tries to be fair. It left my hair kind of coated and gross.

Although I adore the mask from this line, it works best with another shampoo. I use it with Suave Balsam shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2004 9:01:00 AM More reviews by rosieny

The scent didn't bother me at first, but I have noticed that it smells like b.o. with a hint of canned peaches. Anyway, my scalp is itchy all of a sudden and I'm sure it's from this as this is the only new product in my shower routine.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2004 10:35:00 AM More reviews by edleweiss

This shampoo gave me the worst dandruff ever! I had to stop using it after a couple times and gave it away!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2004 8:36:00 PM More reviews by manda_c

This is rubbish I'm afraid. Smells good but that's as far as it goes. Want your hair to look and feel deep fried? Somehow dry and greasy at the same time? Look no further! The conditioner is pretty rank too, leaving the hair unconditioned. I am disappointed in this, as the hair mask is so great.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2004 10:00:00 PM More reviews by annedom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo seemed better than some other cheaper brands I've used but over time it dried my hair out and built up like crazy! My hairstylist commented on how dry my hair was getting and convinced me to switch to ALterna for color treated hair and I couldnt belive how much better my hair got. Hardly any more split ends. I guess my hair has high end tastes....sigh..
I wouldnt buy garnier shampoos and conditioners again. If I had to go back to a DS brand it would probably be aussie.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2004 5:41:00 PM More reviews by amey75

I really like this shampoo/conditioner combo, especially the conditioner. It smoothes and tames my unruly hair like no other for the low price! I usually alternate the shampoo every other day with John Frieda Brilliant Brunette, but Fructis is the only conditioner I use now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2004 2:38:00 PM More reviews by FarmGirl

Love it! THe scent (light and fruity) and the formula are great. It doesn't strip, but cleanses nicely, and works as well as the high end stuff for much less $$$. Love the whole line!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2004 1:09:00 PM More reviews by laurenaj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was out of shampoo. I had no time to go to the usual shops where I buy my expensive shmapoos. I usually use Keihls, Aveda, etc. I was at the grocery store and desperate. Either I picked up shampoo with my groceries or I wouldn't be washing my hair in the morning. So, I picked up both, Garneir Fructis Fortifying Shampoo and Conditioner for dry and damaged hair. I can not beleive it!!!! My hair is incredably smooth and soft. It smells good too! I can't keep my hands out of my hair. I don't remember it ever feeling this luxurious with those expensive shampoos.I will be definately buying this again.