October 20, 2014 | 485 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 5:44:00 PM More reviews by macalcia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's a nice dark plum, but it works better for me as an eyeliner. In any other way it gets a little muddy and gives me a tired look - guess it's because of the slight ammount of red/purple in it. I've lost it somehow and I really don't miss it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 12:55:00 AM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received so many compliments from wearing this shade along with some others. This shade is VERY dark with a matte finish, so a little bit goes a long way. I'm an NC15, and I wear this as an accent in the outer corners of my eyes. This is the clor combination I use: I use Paints in Chiarusco as a primer on my entire lid. I apply Scene in the crease, Digit on the lid and Dazzlelight on the browbone. Then I apply Shadowy Lady on the outer corner. I finish it off with my Fluidline in Blacktrack and mascara. Not an everyday look, but great if I'm wearing blue or purple or for a night out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by nicoleh619

An MA suggested this to me instead of buying a refill pan of carbon, saying that shadowy lady blended better and was slighty lighter and gave a better crease color than carbon. After using both colors I would have to agree, I love to use this with purples pinks plums golds. Its lovely and seems to last forever. I find it a very sophisticated crease and outer corner color.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by ehang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This goes on great but the color is definitely not what I expected. I feel like the purple is so dark it might as well be black. When i put it on as a sheer layer, it doesn't blend so it just looks like i colored my eye with a crayon. However it goes on great as an outer corner, and works well as the darker tone of purple with other purples.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissdluster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was also hoping for a deep purple to give my green eyes some pop. On my skin it's just like a dark grey. I still like it, but it isn't what I was looking for. I'll use it with something over the top of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2007 1:17:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a very dark purple to do a smokey eye with. I thought it may help bring my dark green eyes out more. I was using NYX trio of blacks before purchasing MAC's Shadowy Lady. I was rather disappointed. This being my first MAC purchase, I was expecting ALOT more. Although the shadow is a beautiful plum color, it's not as pigmented or rich as I had hoped. It's rather hard to blend, as i'm fairly pale. I went back to using my NYX trio. Although I do use Shadowy Lady for my creases, I can't really use it for much else.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2007 7:18:00 PM More reviews by lrbashir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this shadow! It's a great dark shadow that's easier to use than carbon, and works with any other colors. Since I got it, I've been using it almost every day in my outer v to darken up whatever other colors I used.

Honestly, I don't think it's that hard to blend. The trick with mattes is to use the right brush, start lightly, and build the colors (esp for dark mattes). I use the MAC 222 brush to build it into my crease and outer lid and it works fabulously. If you want to look like you're amazing at applying makeup, do vanilla shadow (not pigment) all over the lid and browbone, then blend shadowy lady into your crease and outer v with the 222. It looks fantastic!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

This is a fantastic, deep, smoky violet, almost black. Looks gorgeous with so many other MAC e/s colors when used for contouring. Creates an amazing smoky eye, and makes brown eyes POP. This is a must have in any MAC e/s collection, IMHO. Definite repurchase. UPDATE 4/19/07: This is inow my go-to for contouring with just about any other shadow. Versatile, sultry, and gorgeous!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Dark, smoky violet. It's quite neutral--not too red or too blue. No shimmers. Matte finish. The texture isn't great, just like the rest of MAC's matte shades. It helps to "rough up" the surface a bit in order to get your brush to pick up anything. I like using this more as an accent color--a tiny bit at the outer corners of my eyes when I'm doing a smoky eye, or as a liner. I really wish the texture were better. If it were, I'd definitely repurchase, but as it stands, I will look for a similar color in a different line.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by test761

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have medium brown hair, medium brown eyes, and pale skin with cool undertones.
I really love Shaowy Lady. I have a hard time finding any eye shadow that will enhance my plain brown eyes. Shadowy Lady makes my eyes pop and look subtle yet sophisticated. I line my upper lids very lightly, I tightline the upper lids, then I put the shadow in the V. I get so many compliments. (I look terrible in all shades of brown shadow.)