July 22, 2014 | 2409 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by ehang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This goes on great but the color is definitely not what I expected. I feel like the purple is so dark it might as well be black. When i put it on as a sheer layer, it doesn't blend so it just looks like i colored my eye with a crayon. However it goes on great as an outer corner, and works well as the darker tone of purple with other purples.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissdluster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was also hoping for a deep purple to give my green eyes some pop. On my skin it's just like a dark grey. I still like it, but it isn't what I was looking for. I'll use it with something over the top of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2007 1:17:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a very dark purple to do a smokey eye with. I thought it may help bring my dark green eyes out more. I was using NYX trio of blacks before purchasing MAC's Shadowy Lady. I was rather disappointed. This being my first MAC purchase, I was expecting ALOT more. Although the shadow is a beautiful plum color, it's not as pigmented or rich as I had hoped. It's rather hard to blend, as i'm fairly pale. I went back to using my NYX trio. Although I do use Shadowy Lady for my creases, I can't really use it for much else.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2007 7:18:00 PM More reviews by lrbashir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this shadow! It's a great dark shadow that's easier to use than carbon, and works with any other colors. Since I got it, I've been using it almost every day in my outer v to darken up whatever other colors I used.

Honestly, I don't think it's that hard to blend. The trick with mattes is to use the right brush, start lightly, and build the colors (esp for dark mattes). I use the MAC 222 brush to build it into my crease and outer lid and it works fabulously. If you want to look like you're amazing at applying makeup, do vanilla shadow (not pigment) all over the lid and browbone, then blend shadowy lady into your crease and outer v with the 222. It looks fantastic!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

This is a fantastic, deep, smoky violet, almost black. Looks gorgeous with so many other MAC e/s colors when used for contouring. Creates an amazing smoky eye, and makes brown eyes POP. This is a must have in any MAC e/s collection, IMHO. Definite repurchase. UPDATE 4/19/07: This is inow my go-to for contouring with just about any other shadow. Versatile, sultry, and gorgeous!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Dark, smoky violet. It's quite neutral--not too red or too blue. No shimmers. Matte finish. The texture isn't great, just like the rest of MAC's matte shades. It helps to "rough up" the surface a bit in order to get your brush to pick up anything. I like using this more as an accent color--a tiny bit at the outer corners of my eyes when I'm doing a smoky eye, or as a liner. I really wish the texture were better. If it were, I'd definitely repurchase, but as it stands, I will look for a similar color in a different line.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by test761

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have medium brown hair, medium brown eyes, and pale skin with cool undertones.
I really love Shaowy Lady. I have a hard time finding any eye shadow that will enhance my plain brown eyes. Shadowy Lady makes my eyes pop and look subtle yet sophisticated. I line my upper lids very lightly, I tightline the upper lids, then I put the shadow in the V. I get so many compliments. (I look terrible in all shades of brown shadow.)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by vldubs

I use Shadowy Lady as eyeliner. I have light brown eyes with flecks of green and this is just right as eyeliner for me. Lovely…just enough color for day without looking too harsh – like black – or too common – like brown. I’ll have to try this for a smoky eye look too. I will certainly repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2006 4:19:00 PM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this shade and can never be without it! Looks good paired with practically any color. I use this at the outer corners of my lids...ideal for smoking up the eyes. Just like any MAC e/s, quality and lasting-power are great. From MAC's website: Darkly veiled-plum (matte).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2006 1:33:00 PM More reviews by road

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Shadowy Lady is a very dark, matte, plum e/s. It almost looks black. This didn't do anything and won't repurchase.