April 24, 2014 | 1746 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers - Mink

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Mink is a color I just discovered. I've been looking for cheap dupes of my fav shades to wear to work (12-hour shifts/hospital). I LOVE EL's Cinnamon, but can't afford to wear it daily... now I have MINK! Mink is very close to EL's Cinnamon. Many people say this is a dupe of All That Glitters, but, my coloring can't wear All that Glitters, and I CAN wear this! My work-wear dupes are now Cover Girl's Mink, Champagne, and Tapestry Taupe. I have cool tones, and these all rock! I still wear Paint Pot underneath, and sometimes brush Gold Leaf (Ulta) over Tapestry Taupe to liven it up. The color descriptions for Mink given previously are right on. This must be a Neutral, because it looks warm in the pan, but I can wear it on my cool-toned skin.

Update: La Femme's Ultra Pearl Eyeshadow in Golden Sunset is the same color, but has the texture/payoff of a MAC velux pearl. I bought it for $2.55 for the pan (I custom make my own pallets) and I splurged on a single of it too ($3.40 before shipping at Frendsbeautysupply.com - I am not affiliated with them). I have been using these exceptional La Femme shadows, and am now going thru all my old shadows and purging them.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by cateyez713

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This color is really pretty and works excellently as an all over lid shade for me. On top of that - it's almsot an exact dupe of All That Glitters from MAC but at a much cheaper price. Are there better quality eyeshadows? Yea, but at only $4 this one does very well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by PMKarabel

This product should be in everyone's makeup bag. I use it for so many different makeup looks and it's fantastic! On a rush out the door, I put on just my Mink shadow and line my waterlines with black liner, put my mascara on and I'm good to go. I actually get compliments when I only have on my Mink! And my go-to look is a shimmery eye with several blended colors, with mink as the base color always.
PROS: It's a beautiful, highly pigmented color that suits all skin tones. It can also be used as a highlighter if you're tan like I am, and it looks gorgeous.
CONS: None for me. I never give anything five lipsticks unless it's perfect.
OVERALL: Use it as your go-to base shadow color or as a highlighter, either way, you get more than what you paid for!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love Mink! It looks very natural on my eyes, people can't even tell I'm wearing makeup. I normally apply a cream base under my eyeshadow but Mink look really nice alone and stays put for a long time. It has a nice sheen that brightens my eyes, the beige works very well on my lids. If your skin tone is similar to mine, I'm sure it'll look amazing on you too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by flixbix

I am east asian--this is perfect as a highlighter for me. Brow bones or allover eye color. Great texture. ** Just tried it after getting a super-deep tan all summer long. Absolutely beautiful as an all-over eye color!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by angelbuilinh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this color. the product is well pigmented i was glad i picked this up last summer. It is a brown-gold-bronze color. I think this shade would look good on anyone :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by wishiwasflawless

This is a nice golden, slightly shimmering, borderline bronze colour. It's bronze but much less coppery. Kind of bronzey golden?

It stays on well. Mind you I wear concealer on my eyelids underneath it. I can't recommend shades to match because I only wear it by itself. No fading! yay! Once again it doesn't crease on my because I wear concealer underneath it. The applicator is quite decent too. It's never fallen apart. Not like Maybelline applicators.. Oh and I feel the colour has good pigmentation. Not too sheer, but not too thick. The pigmentation does it good justice.

If you have blue eyes this will look incredible.
Forget 'eye lights' and this silly stuff.
For dark blue eyes this looks gorgeous. It's not too overpowering, just light and flattering. I'm sure it works with almost every skin tone, too.
When I first bought this when I was ten or something, it said this was a limited edition, but I'm glad to see it's permanent now :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by daanniielleeeoxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS. this is my all time favorite eye shadow. in fact, i am wearing it now! it is a gold shimmery color, and VERY pigmented. it may not be from one of those top notch, expensive, popular make up brands, but this product is amazing. i would recommend it to everyone. this eye shadow will also last you an extremely long time. this product is 1OO% worth everything you paid for and a definite must-have (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As many have commented this is a peachy, tan-ish shimmery color that works wonderfully on the lid, the brow bone, or as an allover wash. The texture is divine too, unexpected for a drugstore shadow, especially Cover Girl which I have managed to avoid all of my life. The texture is smooth and pigmented. The color in the pan is the color you get without much effort. Love this, wish the packaging was prettier, but, at least it's inexpensive, especially when they go on sale.

UPDATE: This is an exact dupe for MAC's All That Glitters.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Faithersk

I bought this color on B2G1 at Ulta. I also bought a smokey brown color and a wine color. I think b/c this one is so shimmery, it has the worst texture of the 3. It has good color pay-off, but is pretty crumbly and that kills it for me. I absolutely love the other 2 color....they are more of a satin finish and are very impressive for DS shadows. This color is almost an exact dupe of MAC's All That Glitters, but ATG has a much superior and blendable texture. I had both, so I have mink to my little sister who is in high school. She loves it!