Cover Girl Eye Enhancers - Mink

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/20/2010 9:45:00 PM

I just got this eyeshadow and I love it. The color itself is gorgeous (a goldish brown), it's super pigmented, and it's inexpensive. I love how it's a color you can wear everyday or to go out at night or whatever, basically for everything. I will definitely buy it again when I run out!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

totally forgot that i owned this until i saw a video that emilynoel posted about underrated makeup. this is a really nice goldish color that looks very nice. that could be worn day and night. i think this is one of the better covergirl eyeshadows. you get a lot for your money as well

on 8/13/2010 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love Mink! The color is so beatiful, natural and easy to wear. I think it would look good on anyone. It's also super pigmented and inexpensive. I stole this from my sister (she never notices when I do that, which is good for me). I have since bought my own, but I hit pan and I've forgotten to buy another one but I when I have the money I will get it for sure.

on 8/13/2010 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my FAVORITE drugstore eyeshadow! I used this every single day last summer and I completely hit pan on it. I recently repurchased it and wonder why I didn't repurchase sooner when I ran out! It lasts for a long time without creasing (I didn't use any primer last year, only concealer as a base) and now that I use a primer, it lasts even longer! It's super soft and easy to blend. Overall, I've had a good experience with all CG eyeshadows that I've tried (about 5 shades.) The only thing I don't like is the weird rectangular packaging .. but I would still repurchase for life :)

on 8/13/2010 12:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Pretty color, applies decently, is one of the cheapest eyeshadows available.

I really like the warm gold/beige tones in this shadow and it has pretty shimmer, unfortunately it was a bit powdery and I got a bit of fallout and i also HATE Covergirl packaging, its bulky and incovenient. But other then that, it was a nice color.

I prefer my NYX eyeshadows though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this eyeshadow! It's a natural looking shade, but it's still shimmery, which I like. Also, it lasts all day. I wear this everyday and I will continue to repurchase this.

on 6/14/2010 2:36:00 PM

I love this eyeshadow and use it almost every single day. Its subtle but you can still tell its there. Its something that I wear to work as we are not allowed to have crazy makeup. The color is somewhat shimmery which I like. Its just a nice neutral shade.

on 6/8/2010 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Mink is a color I just discovered. I've been looking for cheap dupes of my fav shades to wear to work (12-hour shifts/hospital). I LOVE EL's Cinnamon, but can't afford to wear it daily... now I have MINK! Mink is very close to EL's Cinnamon. Many people say this is a dupe of All That Glitters, but, my coloring can't wear All that Glitters, and I CAN wear this! My work-wear dupes are now Cover Girl's Mink, Champagne, and Tapestry Taupe. I have cool tones, and these all rock! I still wear Paint Pot underneath, and sometimes brush Gold Leaf (Ulta) over Tapestry Taupe to liven it up. The color descriptions for Mink given previously are right on. This must be a Neutral, because it looks warm in the pan, but I can wear it on my cool-toned skin.

Update: La Femme's Ultra Pearl Eyeshadow in Golden Sunset is the same color, but has the texture/payoff of a MAC velux pearl. I bought it for $2.55 for the pan (I custom make my own pallets) and I splurged on a single of it too ($3.40 before shipping at Frendsbeautysupply.com - I am not affiliated with them). I have been using these exceptional La Femme shadows, and am now going thru all my old shadows and purging them.

on 6/8/2010 8:34:00 PM

This color is really pretty and works excellently as an all over lid shade for me. On top of that - it's almsot an exact dupe of All That Glitters from MAC but at a much cheaper price. Are there better quality eyeshadows? Yea, but at only $4 this one does very well for me.

on 5/16/2010 10:25:00 PM

This product should be in everyone's makeup bag. I use it for so many different makeup looks and it's fantastic! On a rush out the door, I put on just my Mink shadow and line my waterlines with black liner, put my mascara on and I'm good to go. I actually get compliments when I only have on my Mink! And my go-to look is a shimmery eye with several blended colors, with mink as the base color always.
PROS: It's a beautiful, highly pigmented color that suits all skin tones. It can also be used as a highlighter if you're tan like I am, and it looks gorgeous.
CONS: None for me. I never give anything five lipsticks unless it's perfect.
OVERALL: Use it as your go-to base shadow color or as a highlighter, either way, you get more than what you paid for!