September 30, 2014 | 1752 users online

Treatments (Face) - BeneFit Cosmetics - Boo Boo Zap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2004 1:43:00 PM More reviews by reneek74

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yes, I got suckered into the Benefit hype again. $18 for a tiny tube of crap, that I could have gotten at a drugstore for less than $5. Was completely uneffective. Ladies, save your money!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2004 12:02:00 PM More reviews by cosmogrl25

I am a Benefit fan, but I didn't like this product. The tube was, first of all, too small for how much I paid for it. Also, it didn't work quickly like it promised to. I prefer my Clean and Clear products to this. I was disappointed because it got praise from some celebrities. I saw nothing great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2004 1:22:00 AM More reviews by killjoy14

I probably won't be buying this one again. I have bought it twice before though. The first time I bought it, I spilled half the bottle the second time I used it, and then it sat in my makeup drawer for almost a year, and finally ran out. Seeing, that I didn't give it a very good try the first time, I decided that I should buy it again. After all, it has a high price tag, it must be better than other things that I've tried. I feel SOOO stupid now. $18. I can't believe I shelled out another $18 for something that has lasted me just over a month (used regularly), and doesn't do anything that I haven't seen before. Honestly, I got better results from using rubbing alcohol on my zits. I'm not spending this much money on another zit treatment unless it lasts longer, and has better results. I'm off to the pharmacy to get my rubbing alcohol.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2004 10:52:00 PM More reviews by jhello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm embarassed to admit that I bought this. It's a freakin' asprin or two dissolved in some witch hazel and camphor oil from what I can tell. For $18. Oh, and that bit about dabbing it over makeup -- sure, if you don't mind a line on your face where the stuff runs down and takes off the makeup along the way. I think the Benefit twins must be laughing all the way to the bank!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2004 5:27:00 PM More reviews by rachelseven

Don't hate me, but I have to give this product a top rating. If you do it right--dabbing it on several times throughout the day, even over your makeup---it *will* speed the healing process on your blemishes. At least it does for me, and I use this daily, any time I see a red bump coming up (as well as to help get rid of ones that have already erupted). And, to counter the comment made by the poster above, if you DAB it on with your fingertip it will not run or affect your makeup in any way. The trick to the bottle is to put your fingertip over the opening, tip the bottle up, and then set it back upright. The little reservoir in the top fills with just enough product for you to dab 2-3 times, and then it's empty and you either do it again or you're done. This wets your fingertip just enough for an application---you don't pour this on your face. The flakes separating in the bottle don't concern me, they don't affect the product's performance in any way (it's just the ingredients, it's nothing gross or worrisome). This works especially well around the lip area, as it doesn't dry your skin out needlessly and also doesn't burn like many zit medicines. I love this stuff and wouldn't be without it! It isn't a cure-all instant fix, but in addition to your once-daily heavy-duty zit medicine, this makes a fantastic speed-the-process addition. Decreased the healing time on my problem areas by several days---I'm not sure it's worth the inflated price, but I would (and will) definitely keep this in stock in my cosmetics drawer and makeup bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2004 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Miss_Kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Part of a mass order I had high hopes for this but was disappointed.
First time opening the package I spillt half of it and I don't see how you can dab it on without spilling loads...
Didn't seem to make any difference either.
At least it doesn't sting or anything like that..

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2004 1:02:00 PM More reviews by omgitsdana

Its soo cute, my friend has it i tried it twice and it didn't do anything. It made more pimples if anything, and i know ive only used it twice, but my friends been using it everyday, i dont see any improvement.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2004 1:37:00 PM More reviews by coolRED

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

once again, dooped by the marketing. adorable packaging, but i could not notice any sort of effect from the product, good or bad. might as well been dapping diet coke on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2004 12:45:00 AM More reviews by 245am

this product was such a waste of money! it did NOTHING at all for my zits, not even take away the redness or reduce it. towards the middle of its use, everything started to clump together inside the tube so it looked like a bunch of white stuff collected at the bottom with clear liquid above it. the tube is glass, which made me fear of dropping it. either way, save your money and don't buy this useless product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2004 1:27:00 AM More reviews by CinderellaSP03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, my first negative review. This is a milestone for me. Anyway, I saw this on Sephora and reeeeaaaallllllyy wanted it because it sounded like a cure-all for my zits. I tried to like it, but it did absolutely nothing and was terribly expensive. Also, the bottle is made out of glass which is not practical. I would always worry that it would break in my makeup bag and leak in my backpack. Also, it flaked and looked really disgusting, like old dishwater. This product should just be taken off the market.