July 30, 2014 | 959 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by pololuvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This tanner/bronzer is a HOT ASS MESS. I'm mexican but i could use some color though i'm definitely not pale. I wanted a bronze/tan lotion because I'm dressing up as snooki for halloween and this is perfect. If you're looking for a serious tan, don't even bother. I got it in dark and i just look like a splotchy orange monster. One application was enough to color me. The smell and shimmer are also out of control. I don't understand how a white or pale person could possibly wear this without looking abnormal. I think the people that think this works for them either have some color to them or are totally unaware of how bad they look. It also stained my bra and my elbows, knees, and ankles are basically maroon.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by ashley920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This Tanner is OK. I don't love it but I don't hate it either. You need at least 3 complete coats of this stuff to see color...and by then, you are already looking a little "orangy-ish". I only wear this if I am going out at night & mostly use this on my legs. It gives a nice sheen & makes my legs look very sleek. The flecks of glitter is a little too much, but on my legs with a nice dress, it looks nice. Other than that..I MIGHT use this a little bit on my arms...but thats about it. Other than that, I dont use this on any other parts on my body. & make sure you don't wear this with a white shirt. By the end of the night, your shirt is completely ruined! 2/5.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ShellyD11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is THE ABSOLUTE WORST self tanner I have ever bought. It is soooooo glittery and when on it looks like dirt. I have olive toned skin and this comes out looking SO orange on me! It looks completely fake and un-natural. Not to mention it has a very strong self-tanner odor and will rub off on your clothes. DO NOT BUY THIS

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 7:38:00 AM More reviews by YoungDandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I managed to find this stuff on sale for five dollars (usually its over 20 here) so I happily grabbed it.
I have a natural darker olive skin tone but I like to deepen it using self tanning products. Usually I just use The Dove summer glow moisturiser for 2 or 3 nights before the weekend and thats enough. Sometimes though I'm lazy, and when it comes to saturday my legs or chest is a little pale compared to the rest of me so Thats where my instant tans come in handy!

I love that this has got instant bronze and sparkly glitter in it to give you a glow while the lasting tan develops. It also dries very quickly which is a major plus. The lest time spent running around getting ready in the nude the better!

The only downsde for me is that my bargain 5 dollar bottle is now dead empty and 23 bucks on 100 ml of self ten for me is a little pricey....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is currently my HG sunless tanner. i got it in MEDIUM. there's also DEEP. this has a tint so you can see where you put it on...even has shimmer. so you instantly look like you have a little tan and gives your skin a glow. best of all it has no scent. this gives me a natural brown tan. no orange at all. costs $8 and change at walmart. great stuff and i will continue to use this from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by counting1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product delivers great color, the secret is in the way it is applied. For me I have found streaks if applied with a glove however if applied with bare hands they will be left bright orange and will remain like that for several days. When I applied it the first time I did not read up on the application tricks, I suppose I could have gotten even better results if I had prepp'd the skin prior. We'll see next time.
UPDATE: Tried again. I prepared my skin, shaved, etc. Still streaky and it dried out my skin terribly.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by meghanxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I hated this stuff. After seeing so many positive reviews, I thought this product would be amazing. I made a huge mistake by even looking at it in the drugstore. It has a lot of glitter in it, and it made me look like I just rolled in some dirt. The color fades just by rubbing it and it came off on ALL my white clothes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by amski09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know where all these bad reviews are coming from, I really like this self tanner. The scent is very light compared to other self tanners I've used. It does have little shimmer particles in in but you can't really notice them and they wash off. The color looks very natural on me...not orange at all. It is tinted, so you can see exactly where the color is going as you are applying it. I have never had any issues with streaking, just make sure you rub it in well. One of my favorite things about it is that the color fades evenly. It doesn't get blotchy at all. Are we using the same product here? lol

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by OHSHIEEET

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

ORANGE. ORANGE. ORANGE. Anyone who says that this doesn't turn them orange must be either dark to begin with, applying only a very small amount of product, or blind. Even the color guide is orange. If you want an orange tan like Snooki, this will be PERFECT for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

I have tried three of L'Oreal's products from the Sublime Bronze line: the tinted lotion in medium, the tinted lotion in dark and the luminous bronzer. The color pay-off is adequate: the medium lotion and the luminous bronzer give a mid-level tan that is all right, but the dark gives a deeper tan that is richer and more noticeable albeit artificial looking. If you are looking for color alone, go for the dark to get a tan a few shades darker than your skin.

I wish my review could end here and I could recommend the Sublime Bronze line. Sadly, there's more to the story. Forget the fact that the color doesn't last long. Forget the fact that application is a long, painstaking process. Forget the fact that you only get seven full body applications from one bottle. There were two deal-breakers for me.

The first was the texture of the product. It is a thick, plasticky gel that I can only assume is filled with silicones. It literally felt like I was applying latex onto my skin. This consistency was very difficult to apply because it was so sticky once I started rubbing it in. It did not spread well and, once it dried on my skin, I felt a distinct coating that would not let my skin breathe. Over time, I dreaded putting this on my skin. It made my skin crawl (no pun intended!).

The second equally bad quality of this line is the smell. At first I didn't notice much of a smell one way or another - it just smelled like a run of the mill cosmetics fragrance. Over time, however, it turned my stomach. I can't describe the scent, but rest assured it wasn't the typical coconut self-tanner smell but something more noxious - something more along the line of cheap cologne and melting plastic. This smell permeated my clothing, my sheets - everything. Even when I wasn't using the product, it would make me heave just thinking about it.

Between the texture and the smell I loathed putting this tanner on. No amount of bronzing could compensate for how nasty this stuff was to use. I finally stopped using it after going through a couple of bottles because I just couldn't take it anymore. I had almost given up on self-tanners when I tried the Hawaiian Tropic Island Radiance Creme Lotion self-tanner (see my other review). The difference is like night and day. The Hawaiian Tropic has next to no smell, feels just like a real lotion and gives great color that lasts almost a week. Please don't make yourself sick with the L'Oreal like I did - try the Hawaiian Tropic instead!