L'Oreal Sublime Bronze

3.4

on 1/29/2011 11:44:00 AM

This was my first time using a self tanner. I went online to find out how to prepare. I exfoliated and moisturized well for at least two days before I touched my skin with any self tanner. Anyone looking into self tanning should prepare for it first.
My stepmom pointed it out to me on the shelf, so I decided to try it. It's nice because you can see where you've already put it on. I really like how its turning out. I've used it three times and I'm already darker. It comes gradually, but I wouldn't want to be totally white one day and suddenly dark the next. That would be very strange. It is a little sticky and shimmery, but I put it on at night, so it doesn't really bother me. If I let it dry completely, it doesn't stain a white shirt at all, and then I rinse off the glitter in the morning.
I used some on my face, and it is a little yellowish, but I have naturally pinkish skin anyway, so it balances out nicely. It seems to work faster on my face, so I only apply that every other night. It hasn't made me break out or streaked badly.
It stained my palms badly the first time, but then I used rubber gloves to apply and it worked perfectly! I'll use this whole bottle and maybe try something else, but I would definitely recommend this product.

on 1/29/2011 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very shimmery glittery self-tanner. I apply self tanner at night so this does not bug me and you can easily shower it off in the morning. This really instantly gives you a hint of color (and glitter) and it tans beautifully. My favorite thing about this self tanner is how fast the colour develops. The initial application gives you a slight glow and after applying it for the second time I'm already a shade darker. However i took one lippy off because this tanner streaks easily and the formula is very liquidy so you can easily spill if you're not careful. The self tanner does feel a little sticky when you first apply (which is why i recommend applying at night and wake up in the morning to shower) but I can get pass that. This does not smell repulsive to me. TO me it sorta smells like caramel..I would buy this again because out of all the self tanners I've tried this is pretty darn close to an HG!

on 1/18/2011 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

so far, i like the color it gives me on my medium olive skin but could do without the tiny glitter/shimmer. its good to use for going out or something but i really dont need glitter all over me when im picking my daughter up from school...so i dont like it for everyday use. something more subtle would be better.

on 1/8/2011 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for years and adore it... THE TRICK WITH PUTTING ANY SELF TANNER IS TO FITST EXFOLIATE EXFOLIATE EXFOLIATE! SHAVING IS ALSO A BONUS.. AND THEN APPLY YOUR STAPLE MOISTURIZER, THATS RIGHT PEOPLE MOISTURIZER TO PREVENT STREAKING, SOME PARTS OF YOUR BODY IS DRYER THAN OTHERS.. AND THEN AFTER THAT DRIES PUT THE SELF TANNER ON WITH A LATEX GLOVE...

on 11/18/2010 10:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Absolutely adore this stuff, application is best using latex gloves and although Lancome's soleil left a darker, longer lasting color this one leaves skin with such a pretty sparkly bronze hue, I prefer this one. Good value and price point for such a pretty bronzer.

on 10/29/2010 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This tanner/bronzer is a HOT ASS MESS. I'm mexican but i could use some color though i'm definitely not pale. I wanted a bronze/tan lotion because I'm dressing up as snooki for halloween and this is perfect. If you're looking for a serious tan, don't even bother. I got it in dark and i just look like a splotchy orange monster. One application was enough to color me. The smell and shimmer are also out of control. I don't understand how a white or pale person could possibly wear this without looking abnormal. I think the people that think this works for them either have some color to them or are totally unaware of how bad they look. It also stained my bra and my elbows, knees, and ankles are basically maroon.

on 10/15/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This Tanner is OK. I don't love it but I don't hate it either. You need at least 3 complete coats of this stuff to see color...and by then, you are already looking a little "orangy-ish". I only wear this if I am going out at night & mostly use this on my legs. It gives a nice sheen & makes my legs look very sleek. The flecks of glitter is a little too much, but on my legs with a nice dress, it looks nice. Other than that..I MIGHT use this a little bit on my arms...but thats about it. Other than that, I dont use this on any other parts on my body. & make sure you don't wear this with a white shirt. By the end of the night, your shirt is completely ruined! 2/5.

on 10/11/2010 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is THE ABSOLUTE WORST self tanner I have ever bought. It is soooooo glittery and when on it looks like dirt. I have olive toned skin and this comes out looking SO orange on me! It looks completely fake and un-natural. Not to mention it has a very strong self-tanner odor and will rub off on your clothes. DO NOT BUY THIS

on 9/10/2010 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I managed to find this stuff on sale for five dollars (usually its over 20 here) so I happily grabbed it.
I have a natural darker olive skin tone but I like to deepen it using self tanning products. Usually I just use The Dove summer glow moisturiser for 2 or 3 nights before the weekend and thats enough. Sometimes though I'm lazy, and when it comes to saturday my legs or chest is a little pale compared to the rest of me so Thats where my instant tans come in handy!

I love that this has got instant bronze and sparkly glitter in it to give you a glow while the lasting tan develops. It also dries very quickly which is a major plus. The lest time spent running around getting ready in the nude the better!

The only downsde for me is that my bargain 5 dollar bottle is now dead empty and 23 bucks on 100 ml of self ten for me is a little pricey....

on 9/10/2010 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this is currently my HG sunless tanner. i got it in MEDIUM. there's also DEEP. this has a tint so you can see where you put it on...even has shimmer. so you instantly look like you have a little tan and gives your skin a glow. best of all it has no scent. this gives me a natural brown tan. no orange at all. costs $8 and change at walmart. great stuff and i will continue to use this from now on.