MAC Satin - Grain

4.5

on 1/10/2008 12:20:00 PM

I got this color for free from MAC because I sent an email raving about some good service I rec'd at their counter. Anyway. When I first tried it, I did it as a wash from lashline to browns. Didn't like it, hated it. Went back to my Ricepaper. Never touched it again. But then I used Ricepaper as a wash and Espresso in crease and did this just on the lower lid area and it is beautiful. =)
Also FYI, I used Painterly.

on 12/19/2007 4:35:00 PM

I love this e/s. It's the perfect warm neutral with shine NOT shimmer. It makes your eyelids glow. Nice beigey-pinky tone without being boring. Beige tones are usually too bland on me and pink is too out there, but Grain is the perfect blend. Works great by itself or with other hues.

on 12/11/2007 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A favorite MAC shade of mine. LOVE the satin texture- blendable with a little sheen to it. Color is a light peach champagne that is just a tad darker than my natural lid color. Looks gorgeous on the lid with Cork in the crease and Shroom to highlight. This also works with cooler colors like Quarry, a mauve brown. Definately a great neutral.

on 8/10/2007 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This color is not flattering at all on me (NC20). if I use it on my lids, it makes my eyes look way smaller and shrunken...weird! It might be o.k. as a browbone color, but still not great. returning this!

on 6/15/2007 11:58:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite neutral. Such an underrated eye shadow, but seriously, this is one you NEED to get! I use it all the time as a highlight color, and it blends seamlessly with any number of neutral/brown shades. Good even on it's own for days when you don't feel like wearing any makeup/looking like you're wearing makeup, because a quick sweep across the lid brightens up the eye area without screaming "look at me, I'm wearing eye shadow!"

on 5/22/2007 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I came across this e/s when I was actaully looking for a lt blue that'd work well on me. It's the hg I've been looking for all along but could never put my finger on it. It looks like suede going on and makes any look classier. I have shroom, ricepaper, vapour that i go to for for base colors but none of them are as flattering. i won't use this as a browbone color though. It looked really good w/Antiqued, which I already had on. Paired that w/charcoal pencil liner, blue Maximeyes mascara and made a new look. got lots of compliments too. Highly recommend. lastly, if you are like me & peach-toned e/s makes you look dead, don't veer away from this, it doesn't.

on 4/21/2007 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I asked the Mac S.A. for a nice no-fuss neutral I could wear to work and she paired this with Brun. I'm very happy with it - as others have said, it's slightly shimmery but not overly so (and definitely not sparkly). It works very well with my NC30-NC40 skintone.

on 3/29/2007 5:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a nice e/s, but IMHO very easy duped. It is a very basic skintone color. I use it as a wash or if I want to tone down my e/s, I put it over that.

This is a really nice base colour. I have always used Shroom (and still do) but this is a great option if you're looking for something without quite as much glitter/sparkle. It goes on nice a sheer with just enough shimmer. Great day time office option or weekend casual. Will definitely repurchase. Not sure why I didn't give it 5 lippies, but it's a very strong 4.

on 2/14/2007 5:29:00 PM

This is a very neutral beige with peach undertones. It works very well as a base. It's a good basic e/s to have in a makeup collection. In the pot it looks very similar to Ricepaper but it is much more of a base color, versus Ricepaper which is more of a highlighter shade.