April 24, 2014 | 1377 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Grain

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2007 11:58:00 PM More reviews by peppergirl

This is my absolute favorite neutral. Such an underrated eye shadow, but seriously, this is one you NEED to get! I use it all the time as a highlight color, and it blends seamlessly with any number of neutral/brown shades. Good even on it's own for days when you don't feel like wearing any makeup/looking like you're wearing makeup, because a quick sweep across the lid brightens up the eye area without screaming "look at me, I'm wearing eye shadow!"

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2007 6:13:00 AM More reviews by KerBears

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I came across this e/s when I was actaully looking for a lt blue that'd work well on me. It's the hg I've been looking for all along but could never put my finger on it. It looks like suede going on and makes any look classier. I have shroom, ricepaper, vapour that i go to for for base colors but none of them are as flattering. i won't use this as a browbone color though. It looked really good w/Antiqued, which I already had on. Paired that w/charcoal pencil liner, blue Maximeyes mascara and made a new look. got lots of compliments too. Highly recommend. lastly, if you are like me & peach-toned e/s makes you look dead, don't veer away from this, it doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2007 7:51:00 AM More reviews by kohan836

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I asked the Mac S.A. for a nice no-fuss neutral I could wear to work and she paired this with Brun. I'm very happy with it - as others have said, it's slightly shimmery but not overly so (and definitely not sparkly). It works very well with my NC30-NC40 skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2007 5:39:00 PM More reviews by aandfgirl133

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice e/s, but IMHO very easy duped. It is a very basic skintone color. I use it as a wash or if I want to tone down my e/s, I put it over that.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2007 7:14:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryBabe

This is a really nice base colour. I have always used Shroom (and still do) but this is a great option if you're looking for something without quite as much glitter/sparkle. It goes on nice a sheer with just enough shimmer. Great day time office option or weekend casual. Will definitely repurchase. Not sure why I didn't give it 5 lippies, but it's a very strong 4.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

This is a very neutral beige with peach undertones. It works very well as a base. It's a good basic e/s to have in a makeup collection. In the pot it looks very similar to Ricepaper but it is much more of a base color, versus Ricepaper which is more of a highlighter shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2007 1:27:00 PM More reviews by angel2247

Its funny because I ran across this color in MAC recently while looking for a nice neutral "wash" color and I realized, Ive never even heard of this color! Its a really nice peachy beige neutral with a little hint of shimmer. It goes on very smooth and blends nicely with my skin tone. Definetly an underrated color!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2006 7:54:00 PM More reviews by krysownzu

This is a nice quality shadow, but there is a tad too much *pink* or something in it to work for me. I can't really put my finger on it, but it almost makes me look as if I am ill. I really wanted to like this shadow! It feels beautiful going on, though. Beautiful texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2006 6:14:00 PM More reviews by kchalbi

This is my HG natural e/s. I use it lash to brow as a quick wash for days when I don't have time to fool around with my eye makeup and just want a polished look. This color brightens up the eye without looking too light/whitish. I love the satin formula-it's so smooth and easy to apply and perfect for a natural look-not OTT shimmery like the frosts or flat like the mattes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2006 4:39:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Grain! I use it every day as my brow highlighter. It is not too dark or too light (I'm NC20) and it gives a very pretty shimmer but not an overly sparkly look. It's just perfect. I think this would go very well with any other eye shadow color. This is great as a base to a smoky eye or if you simply want a quick and easy daytime look. Top this with liner and mascara and you're done. I will definitely purchase Grain again. This is one I would not want to be without!