February 1, 2015 | 2021 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had acne for 4 years now. I've tried tons of things. Proactiv, clearasil, clean and clear, you name it...I've tried it. I recently started using clinique 3 step, though. It has been working great for me but I still have those pimples that are hard to get rid of or take a while to get rid of and I really wanted a spot treatment so I bought this one. I've been using it for 4 days now, I put it on at night before I go to bed and keep it on my nightstand and reapply as I lay in bed (it takes me forever to fall asleep). If I'm not doing anything during the day and won't be wearing makeup at all...I put it on periodically throughout the day. I have seen a huge change already! My pimples have gone down in size, and my skin is almost clear. This is huge for me...seeing as I've been struggling with this for years upon years and had almost given up on trying to find something that would work. My mom used this one time, a couple nights ago and is seeing change as well. I love this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by MaiTaiMi

I have to saw that this is a very mixed review. While I love Burts Bees this is kind of a mediocre product at best.

The tube it comes in is unhygenic- I worry that rubbing this over a break out and then rubbing somewhere else that is clear will only spread the bacteria and lead to more breakouts. This would be better in a tonic bottle or something.

The smell isn't bad- it is definitely strong and definitely tea tree oil. But it is strong and does burn slightly on skin. Especially if you have and cuts or chapped skin (from a cold or something).

I do feel like this minimizes the size of blemishes quite well over night- at least for me. So I would buy it again just for that.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by ameresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me start off by saying I love Burt's Bees, big fan of the whole natural/organic line of theirs. I tried this, had high hopes, but it didn't help my breakouts at all. It may work for some people, but I'm not one of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily1787

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I've already purchased this twice, thinking it was working, I've come to the conclusion that the only thing it really does is make my skin smell like tea tree oil and sting like crazy. It burns when you put it on, but after using it at night for weeks, I still haven't noticed a difference. I have combination, sensitive, and acne-prone skin. So far Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide have worked the best on my blemishes. I won't waste the $7 on this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by dreamability

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Me: Normal skin with regular breakouts.

My experience: I would use this if I saw some sort of inflammation or I wanted to prevent an emerging pimple. I quite like the smell because it smells very herbal and organic, signature Burt’s Bees, although I understand if people don’t like it. I found this product to be ineffective, it didn’t really do much.

As noted by many people, the applicator is extremely unhygienic and could promote the dispersion of bacteria, countering the original purpose of the product. It can be quite difficult to obtain the liquid as you roll it on your face. Furthermore, this product would be difficult to treat raised pimples as the liquid is controlled by the spherical applicator.

Looking at the ingredients, the herbal blemish stick is just a concoction of oils and the main blemish treating ingredients are “willow bark extract” (which doesn’t have the same potency as salicylic acid) and tea tree oil. I question the effectiveness as these ingredients are quite little in quantity in contrast to the other herbal oils which are probably for fragrance and are not well recognised for blemish fighting qualities. You’ll probably be better off with a salicylic treatment or tea tree oil on its own.

Would I buy it again? No. In Australia it is quite expensive and drugstore pimple/blemish treatments with the same key ingredients (salicylic acid/benzyl peroxide/tea tree oil) are nearly half the price of the product. Furthermore, in my experience drugstore treatments were more effective. If you opt to take the natural approach, you might consider tea tree oil itself than buying a product with a low concentration of tea tree oil.

Note: I wouldn’t use ‘willow bark extract’ and salicylic acid interchangeably because willow bark extract is converted to salicylic acid by digestive processes when consumed orally.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't think this product had any effect on my blemishes. The alcohol dried my eyes out. I had trouble getting the liquid out of the tube too. Overall a disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by sacari

One of the few BB products I'm not a fan of. I bought this thinking it would be an awesome, natural way to deal with the few blemishes I get, but it really didn't do anything for them. Didn't make them worse, but didn't make them noticeably better either.
The applicator is also REALLY frustrating, just really hard to use and not the most hygienic thing.
I think I'll just stick with soap & water, it seems to be what's worknig best for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by janetrachel75

The main ingredient in this product is alcohol. Yes, this product may help dry out your blemish. But, it has a roll-on applicator. Very unhygienic. Also, the amount of product you get for the price is very small and it gets used up quickly. If you are blemish prone, stick to your regular toner ladies. It will be way more cost effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Shoebacca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE BB blemish stick. Been using 5+ yrs & you can't beat it. Roll it over your blem & it's gone in a day (or overnight). It's inexpensive, easy to use & IT WORKS. What more could we ask for?

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by rach82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first BB product that I did not like. I expected much more from this. I’ve been using this for a week and a half now & here’s my thoughts: The roller ball tip SEEMS like it would make the application process easier, but it doesn’t. Like other reviewers said, sometimes nothing comes out, sometimes alittle, & sometimes it POURS out & pretty much gets all over your face. This can actually be dangerous if you’re treating a blemish on your forehead & it trickles down into one of your eyes, as this product is very strong & concentrated! The smell is a huge drawback- an absolutely awful black licorice scent, but fades after several minutes. When I first opened it, I figured I could just deal with the smell if the product actually worked for me. I feel this SLIGHTLY helps developing pimples, as in drying them out alittle, but not enough, and not worth buying this. I have very oily skin, so maybe this works better on dry-normal skin. I haven’t used it long enough to see actual skin flakes in the bottle as I’ve read here, but I have to say that that would absolutely disgust & deter me from this product all on it’s own! I’ve given up with this now- heading to the store to try out something different (possibly the other BB acne tx), then this will be in my trash bin. FAIL.