Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Alcohol denat., calendula officinalis (calendula) flower oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, achillea millefolium (yarrow) oil, carum petroselinum (parsley) seed oil, aqua (water, eau), salix nigra (willow) bark extract, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) oil, juniperus communis (juniper) fruit oil, eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil, citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool

on 10/23/2010 9:43:00 AM

I wanted to love this product, but it didn't do a thing for me. I love many of Burt's Bees lotions and soaps, but...when I replaced it with the Evan Healy blemish stick I was like, OH OKAY, that's what this one is supposed to do! So, no, I won't be buying again.

on 10/8/2010 4:36:00 AM

I've had acne for 4 years now. I've tried tons of things. Proactiv, clearasil, clean and clear, you name it...I've tried it. I recently started using clinique 3 step, though. It has been working great for me but I still have those pimples that are hard to get rid of or take a while to get rid of and I really wanted a spot treatment so I bought this one. I've been using it for 4 days now, I put it on at night before I go to bed and keep it on my nightstand and reapply as I lay in bed (it takes me forever to fall asleep). If I'm not doing anything during the day and won't be wearing makeup at all...I put it on periodically throughout the day. I have seen a huge change already! My pimples have gone down in size, and my skin is almost clear. This is huge for me...seeing as I've been struggling with this for years upon years and had almost given up on trying to find something that would work. My mom used this one time, a couple nights ago and is seeing change as well. I love this product!

on 9/26/2010 1:59:00 PM

I have to saw that this is a very mixed review. While I love Burts Bees this is kind of a mediocre product at best.

The tube it comes in is unhygenic- I worry that rubbing this over a break out and then rubbing somewhere else that is clear will only spread the bacteria and lead to more breakouts. This would be better in a tonic bottle or something.

The smell isn't bad- it is definitely strong and definitely tea tree oil. But it is strong and does burn slightly on skin. Especially if you have and cuts or chapped skin (from a cold or something).

I do feel like this minimizes the size of blemishes quite well over night- at least for me. So I would buy it again just for that.

on 8/25/2010 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying I love Burt's Bees, big fan of the whole natural/organic line of theirs. I tried this, had high hopes, but it didn't help my breakouts at all. It may work for some people, but I'm not one of them.

on 6/27/2010 12:45:00 AM

Although I've already purchased this twice, thinking it was working, I've come to the conclusion that the only thing it really does is make my skin smell like tea tree oil and sting like crazy. It burns when you put it on, but after using it at night for weeks, I still haven't noticed a difference. I have combination, sensitive, and acne-prone skin. So far Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide have worked the best on my blemishes. I won't waste the $7 on this again.

on 6/26/2010 12:51:00 AM

Me: Normal skin with regular breakouts.

My experience: I would use this if I saw some sort of inflammation or I wanted to prevent an emerging pimple. I quite like the smell because it smells very herbal and organic, signature Burt’s Bees, although I understand if people don’t like it. I found this product to be ineffective, it didn’t really do much.

As noted by many people, the applicator is extremely unhygienic and could promote the dispersion of bacteria, countering the original purpose of the product. It can be quite difficult to obtain the liquid as you roll it on your face. Furthermore, this product would be difficult to treat raised pimples as the liquid is controlled by the spherical applicator.

Looking at the ingredients, the herbal blemish stick is just a concoction of oils and the main blemish treating ingredients are “willow bark extract” (which doesn’t have the same potency as salicylic acid) and tea tree oil. I question the effectiveness as these ingredients are quite little in quantity in contrast to the other herbal oils which are probably for fragrance and are not well recognised for blemish fighting qualities. You’ll probably be better off with a salicylic treatment or tea tree oil on its own.

Would I buy it again? No. In Australia it is quite expensive and drugstore pimple/blemish treatments with the same key ingredients (salicylic acid/benzyl peroxide/tea tree oil) are nearly half the price of the product. Furthermore, in my experience drugstore treatments were more effective. If you opt to take the natural approach, you might consider tea tree oil itself than buying a product with a low concentration of tea tree oil.

Note: I wouldn’t use ‘willow bark extract’ and salicylic acid interchangeably because willow bark extract is converted to salicylic acid by digestive processes when consumed orally.

on 6/26/2010 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't think this product had any effect on my blemishes. The alcohol dried my eyes out. I had trouble getting the liquid out of the tube too. Overall a disappointment.

on 5/31/2010 5:00:00 PM

One of the few BB products I'm not a fan of. I bought this thinking it would be an awesome, natural way to deal with the few blemishes I get, but it really didn't do anything for them. Didn't make them worse, but didn't make them noticeably better either.
The applicator is also REALLY frustrating, just really hard to use and not the most hygienic thing.
I think I'll just stick with soap & water, it seems to be what's worknig best for me.

on 5/26/2010 10:15:00 AM

The main ingredient in this product is alcohol. Yes, this product may help dry out your blemish. But, it has a roll-on applicator. Very unhygienic. Also, the amount of product you get for the price is very small and it gets used up quickly. If you are blemish prone, stick to your regular toner ladies. It will be way more cost effective.

on 5/26/2010 10:04:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE BB blemish stick. Been using 5+ yrs & you can't beat it. Roll it over your blem & it's gone in a day (or overnight). It's inexpensive, easy to use & IT WORKS. What more could we ask for?

Popular Treatments (Face)