The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/15/2004 10:19:00 AM

Iīm a big fan of the coconut bodybutter, so I was very anxious to try this lipbutter. Personally I found this lipbalm a little bit to greasy, especially under lipstick or gloss. It does moisturize, but only if you re-apply every few hours. You really need to use this balm sparingly, or -if you use to much- rub it in really well, otherwise it leaves a white residue on your lips. I wasnīt a big fan of the jar either, because itīs almost impossible to get any stuff out if you have long nails like I do. The smell and taste are delicious though. I donīt think I will repurchase this again, because there are a million other lipbalms that are a lot better, cheaper and easier to use...

on 9/15/2004 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The Coconut Lip Butter cost eight dollars, and smells nothing like the coconut body butter. I also noticed my lips started peeling after use, and left a white tint on my lips after applying.

The lip butter is very sensitive to heat, so if it's hot out I'll put it in the fridge for about twenty minutes or so, so that it won't melt.

I don't think I'll buy this again.

on 8/16/2004 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because the concept of lip butters is just so cute, plus it has a luscious coconut smell. At first I liked it because it goes on slippery-smooth, but after repeated uses, I don't think it's actually very moisturizing. (My mom and my sister tried it too, and they both thought it was drying.) My old standby cherry Chapstick is definitely more moisturizing and more emollient, that's for sure. I don't think I would repurchase this, but it's a pleasant product to try.

on 8/11/2004 7:17:00 AM

I love the smell, but did nothing for moisturizing. It actually dried my lips and they start peeling every time I put it on.

on 7/9/2004 3:22:00 AM

At first I thought this stuff was way too oily. But then I started applying it nightly before bed - voila! My lips actually becam silkier and the rough skin that usually accumulates around my lipline vanished. Eureka! This can feel kind of thin and oily so I usually layer it on top of l/s during the day to improve wear. The coconut scent is light but to me it didn't smell artificial at all. The Papaya scent is also nice.

on 6/12/2004 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love the bodyshop body butters, and I love the smell of coconut, so I was excited to try this. What can I say, eh, it's ok. The scent is definitely yummy, but my lips sometimes feel a little strange when this is on, almost irritated. It's a little waxy, almost seems to dry up rather than absorp. Won't repurchase.

I thought the smell was great and yummy in the beginning. After a few weeks of using it, I am getting really sick of the smell. I have to take breaks from using it so that the smell doesn't make me sick.

It is pretty mositurizing and the taste & texture of it isn't too bad.

on 4/17/2004 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I gave this a 4, because I usually HATE coconut, but I really like this stuff. It's smooth, and it smells a bit like sunscreen. :)

The drawback is that I usually don't like balms in a pot, and if you aren't careful, this turns your lips a tiny bit white.

Otherwise, it's great. Although, the Shea smells kind of similar, and deposits no color. But, I think I actually like Coconut best.

on 3/15/2004 3:48:00 AM

Well, I want to recommend this, but I don't feel like it's really the best advice. Personally, I LOVE the smell and I even appreciate its subtle sheen (very natural--not shiny, just sort of moist looking), but it does NOT moisturize at all. And yet, it doensn't chap my lips and the smell is just so pleasant that I think I might actually repurchase it, at least until I find another coconut lip balm. Any suggestions???

Popular Lip Treatments