October 20, 2014 | 1203 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Coconut Lip Butter

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2004 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Miss_M

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Iīm a big fan of the coconut bodybutter, so I was very anxious to try this lipbutter. Personally I found this lipbalm a little bit to greasy, especially under lipstick or gloss. It does moisturize, but only if you re-apply every few hours. You really need to use this balm sparingly, or -if you use to much- rub it in really well, otherwise it leaves a white residue on your lips. I wasnīt a big fan of the jar either, because itīs almost impossible to get any stuff out if you have long nails like I do. The smell and taste are delicious though. I donīt think I will repurchase this again, because there are a million other lipbalms that are a lot better, cheaper and easier to use...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2004 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Duckilicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Coconut Lip Butter cost eight dollars, and smells nothing like the coconut body butter. I also noticed my lips started peeling after use, and left a white tint on my lips after applying.

The lip butter is very sensitive to heat, so if it's hot out I'll put it in the fridge for about twenty minutes or so, so that it won't melt.

I don't think I'll buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2004 4:37:00 AM More reviews by oreocookie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because the concept of lip butters is just so cute, plus it has a luscious coconut smell. At first I liked it because it goes on slippery-smooth, but after repeated uses, I don't think it's actually very moisturizing. (My mom and my sister tried it too, and they both thought it was drying.) My old standby cherry Chapstick is definitely more moisturizing and more emollient, that's for sure. I don't think I would repurchase this, but it's a pleasant product to try.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2004 7:17:00 AM More reviews by fishnet

I love the smell, but did nothing for moisturizing. It actually dried my lips and they start peeling every time I put it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2004 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Spanola28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I thought this stuff was way too oily. But then I started applying it nightly before bed - voila! My lips actually becam silkier and the rough skin that usually accumulates around my lipline vanished. Eureka! This can feel kind of thin and oily so I usually layer it on top of l/s during the day to improve wear. The coconut scent is light but to me it didn't smell artificial at all. The Papaya scent is also nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2004 2:12:00 PM More reviews by jawa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love the bodyshop body butters, and I love the smell of coconut, so I was excited to try this. What can I say, eh, it's ok. The scent is definitely yummy, but my lips sometimes feel a little strange when this is on, almost irritated. It's a little waxy, almost seems to dry up rather than absorp. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2004 11:33:00 AM More reviews by pinkprincess75

I thought the smell was great and yummy in the beginning. After a few weeks of using it, I am getting really sick of the smell. I have to take breaks from using it so that the smell doesn't make me sick.

It is pretty mositurizing and the taste & texture of it isn't too bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2004 6:59:00 AM More reviews by hiyashinsu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave this a 4, because I usually HATE coconut, but I really like this stuff. It's smooth, and it smells a bit like sunscreen. :)

The drawback is that I usually don't like balms in a pot, and if you aren't careful, this turns your lips a tiny bit white.

Otherwise, it's great. Although, the Shea smells kind of similar, and deposits no color. But, I think I actually like Coconut best.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 3:48:00 AM More reviews by yovivbabe

Well, I want to recommend this, but I don't feel like it's really the best advice. Personally, I LOVE the smell and I even appreciate its subtle sheen (very natural--not shiny, just sort of moist looking), but it does NOT moisturize at all. And yet, it doensn't chap my lips and the smell is just so pleasant that I think I might actually repurchase it, at least until I find another coconut lip balm. Any suggestions???

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2004 10:15:00 PM More reviews by mangolassi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Eh. Don't know how I feel about these. I have so many lips balms it is hard to use all of them, but I might use this one if I have absolutely nothing left. I LOVE the smell, but I found it is sort of tough to scrape it out of the pot, and unless you rub it in really well, it sort of looks white and cakey on your mouth.
If you take the extra time to make sure it is all nice and rubbed in, the results are worth it because you will have super shiny lips.
The downside? They are super greasy too. A good-before-bed lip balm maybe.