The Body Shop Lip Butter

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

The Body Shop lip butters only provide temporary moisturization on my lips. I expect more from the Body Shop, so I am very disappointed. I'll stick with Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm.

I have the mango flavor. Too strong and didn't really moisturize. Not working for me.

on 12/12/2006 2:08:00 PM

The lip butters are the worst "balm" I have ever used in my life, ever (and if you check out my other reviews you'll see I'm quite a lip balm fanatic). They dried out my lips to the point of peeling, plus they are an opaque white color and this fact shows on the lips.

on 10/29/2006 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

If i found born lippy balm really good, this one is sooooo much better. Very moisturising, smells really yummy (i got passion fruit) even from a few feet away (my hubby thought i was wearing new perfume), simply love it. It's not so suitable for my sister, though. She has dry cracked lips and this product - although moisturising - leaves whitish residue on her lips. But it works fine on me - melts straight away and feels good. Simply fabulous!!

Aww I was really excited to try this but I was extremely dissapointed after application. I bought the papaya..It melted on my lips BUT the whitish cream color just didnt ABSORB into my lips! It did moisturise but it just left a white color residue on my lips - no matter how long I rubbed it in for, the color just wouldnt absorb.
It's pretty dear for a pot of lipbalm. I'm more pleased with Nivea and Blistix, which are like, less than half the price of lipbutter.
1 lippie for smelling FABULOUS.
1 more lippie for the moisurising effect.

I really like these. I have the coconut one and it smells so good! It's very moisturizing, I also think it has a tiny bit of a taste to them, Kind of sweet? Maybe that's just me. It gives the lips a little glossy shine. Would totally buy again!

Thinking that these were going to be as great as the body butters, i bought this product in Melon seed, Chocolate orange, Brazil nut, coconut and papaya. While the melon seed is the most mosturising, it catches the back of my throat and makes me feel a bit sick. The papaya smells like cat pee (Sorry girls but its horrible !) Chocolate orange, coconut and brazil nut - (My fave scent from the range) are lovely but just don't work well for me, i find them a little drying and lets face it, thats not a very helpful trait in a lip treatment!

on 5/12/2006 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought the lip butter in papaya. I really love it, it glides on smoothly, gives my lips kinda of a glossy shine. Smells sooo good, and makes my lips feel soft, moisturized, and conidtioned. I really liked this one, and i think i will defently re-purchase!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

IF YOU FIND IT GOING CLUMPY AND/OR GRITTY - STIR IT!
It'll turn into the consistancy of icing :)

on 12/4/2005 10:36:00 PM

provide general moisturing to the lips. not enough in winter. and it become really hard and difficult to get the butter. so so. will not buy again. but it smells lovely.

Popular Lip Treatments