The Body Shop Lip Butter

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/12/2007 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got so excited about this because I love their body butter line. IT looks just like the body butter, smells just like the body butter but it is greasy as heck.

Did not care for it. I would not be able to wear this during the day because it is just very greasy. Grease is NOT moisture and I do not think it is doing anything for my lips other then covering them in grease.

I would not repurchase this.

I had high expectations for the lip butters, since I love their body butter equivalents. Sad to say, I was very disappointed. Though I loved the fact that they look like mini body butters and looked very cute indeed, and the fragrances/flavors are to die for, they did not do much to moisturize my lips. I still prefer their Vitamin E lip balm in stick form, which is effective but boring (it being flavor-less). Wouldn't repurchase even if they came up with new flavors.

on 3/7/2007 10:57:00 AM

I have the new pink grapefruit flavor which has a strong citrusy sweet scent that I really like. The product itself has a light, creamy texture that doesn't last all that long, so need to reapply every hour or so. Add to that, it has this milky shade that is not suitable to layer with color, so this is relegated to when I am out walking and jogging or at home. Setting all that aside, no other product moisturizes my lips quite as well after about two weeks when I apply it continuously. I also like the papaya.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

The Body Shop lip butters only provide temporary moisturization on my lips. I expect more from the Body Shop, so I am very disappointed. I'll stick with Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm.

I have the mango flavor. Too strong and didn't really moisturize. Not working for me.

on 12/12/2006 2:08:00 PM

The lip butters are the worst "balm" I have ever used in my life, ever (and if you check out my other reviews you'll see I'm quite a lip balm fanatic). They dried out my lips to the point of peeling, plus they are an opaque white color and this fact shows on the lips.

on 10/29/2006 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

If i found born lippy balm really good, this one is sooooo much better. Very moisturising, smells really yummy (i got passion fruit) even from a few feet away (my hubby thought i was wearing new perfume), simply love it. It's not so suitable for my sister, though. She has dry cracked lips and this product - although moisturising - leaves whitish residue on her lips. But it works fine on me - melts straight away and feels good. Simply fabulous!!

Aww I was really excited to try this but I was extremely dissapointed after application. I bought the papaya..It melted on my lips BUT the whitish cream color just didnt ABSORB into my lips! It did moisturise but it just left a white color residue on my lips - no matter how long I rubbed it in for, the color just wouldnt absorb.
It's pretty dear for a pot of lipbalm. I'm more pleased with Nivea and Blistix, which are like, less than half the price of lipbutter.
1 lippie for smelling FABULOUS.
1 more lippie for the moisurising effect.

I really like these. I have the coconut one and it smells so good! It's very moisturizing, I also think it has a tiny bit of a taste to them, Kind of sweet? Maybe that's just me. It gives the lips a little glossy shine. Would totally buy again!

Thinking that these were going to be as great as the body butters, i bought this product in Melon seed, Chocolate orange, Brazil nut, coconut and papaya. While the melon seed is the most mosturising, it catches the back of my throat and makes me feel a bit sick. The papaya smells like cat pee (Sorry girls but its horrible !) Chocolate orange, coconut and brazil nut - (My fave scent from the range) are lovely but just don't work well for me, i find them a little drying and lets face it, thats not a very helpful trait in a lip treatment!

Popular Lip Treatments