September 1, 2014 | 1903 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by PlumPie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely aqueous texture, easily blendable into skin. Leaves skin soft and breathable with good coverage. Good range of colours.

Beware, if you have dry patches then this will cling and accentuate this so be sure to exfoliate and moisturise before applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by speeroo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I keep repurchasing this again and again despite its prohibitive cost. By far the best of the best I've tried! Definitely HG material. If you prefer a heavy foundation, then this is not for you. It's a medium coverage foundation that doesn't feel like a mask at all, and lasts all day. I hope it never gets discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by GKam137

As ridiculous as this sounds, this foundation IS LIFE CHANGING!!

I have tried and bought every single foundation known to man - both drug store and premium brand, and no foundation has ever worked like this one. I am an Indian woman and usually foundations are either too orange or too light so make me look ashy but this one IS FANTASTIC (for reference I use 7.5)! My hunt for a foundation is finally over - I will never change from this.

This foundation glides on like a dream...it feels amazing on my skin, like it is barely there! You can add more for cover and it doesn't look cakey, or you can just put on a thin layer and it just evens out your skin leaving such a healthy glow. The packaging and the pump on the bottle is great as it lets out the perfect amount. What I love about this is that it looks so natural on. Lasts all day and night too! Got a bit off shine around my T zone but that's natural as its my skin.....

The one thing I would say is that my skin is naturally very dry, and I did notice that the first time I used this it dried my skin out the day after (prob most likely down to the fact I hadn't moisturised or cleansed skin on the night) ....BUT now I just put on moisturiser before I put on the foundation and its perfectly fine - never ever had that issue again! In fact, the next day my skin feels glowy! Deffo recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Silfor

My favourite foundation. I have tried so many foundations in the past few months as most foundations oxidize on my face leaving me looking bright orange. Because it isn't an oil base it prevents this from happening, I have tried all of the Armani foundations and find this one by far the best for a natural look while still having enough coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

I've used a whole heap of foudations (see reviews) and i never ever thought i'd find anything to top chanel vitalumiere but this is the perfect balance of the 2 vitalumiere foundations, not too dewy, not too matte, its just skin like!

I absolutely cannot recommend this foundation enough i think its fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference I am NC30 and use #6. The color seems slightly lighter when I put it on but it leaves room for oxidation. Within 5 minutes my face looks amazing. I use Laura Merciers loose mineral foundation as a setting powder (since my skin gets crazy oily in the Tzone area). I have worn the GA foundation for the last three weeks and I haven't had any breakouts and my makeup looks flawless all day. I had to go in to a 6am meeting and a coworker asked what I had been doing differently. She then went on to say that my skin looked fresh and glowy. I have honestly received number compliments. I wouldn't suggest buying it straight up, but get a sample and see if you love it as much as I do. The only down side is the ridiculous price. $60 only splurged because of the amazing reviews. I'll probably be trying Chanel's Aqua next

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by stace06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, post-pill hormonal acne which has calmed down slightly (been off the pill for 18 months now) but I still have small bumps under my skin and each month I still get some blind or cystic acne.

I am Mac NC15-20 and I was matched to 3.0 which was too dark for me under natural sunlight. The finish was dewy without powder setting. It covered up the redness of my sensitive skin but somehow it managed to emphasise my dark spots and made the small acne lumps under my skin more pronounced.

I had the foundation on for about 2 hours and I could feel my skin tightening (drying) and when I looked in the mirror up close, I could see my pores rather enlarged and when I washed it off, I could feel my small acne bumps harden. That's the best way I can describe it but it was enough for me to not go back and buy a bottle of this.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is so incredibly amazing that I call it "liquid skin." I was very sceptical before trying it because of my sensitive, dry skin (it contains alcohol), but after one week of use I knew this was the one. It absolutely melts into my skin, minimizing the appearance of pores and evening out my skin close to perfection. It feels like I'm wearing nothing, like I was born with flawless, porcelain skin. Shade #2 is a perfect match for my PPP skin. I like to mix it with Fluid Sheer #2 (champagne) for a more glowy finish.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Everyone and their moms loves this foundation. Not me: For some reason it made my skin look very blotchy and the staying power was bad. It really came off to easily and I need more of those lasting stay put foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by YXXC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Silicon based so has a smooth texture with buildable coverage so you can use as much or as little as you neeed. Oil free but still hydrates. Good for dry, normal and combination skin but if you have dry, flaky patches, remember to moisturise, leave to soak in for 5 mins, then apply. Oily skins may need to add a little powder on top. For more honest reviews, 'like' Face Up To It on Facebook, Twitter @YoCalliss, yocalliss.wordpress.com. Thanks :)