October 25, 2014 | 1830 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I can't beleive this has gotten such low ratings because this is such a wonderful foundation. It does exactly what it says - gives my skin a beautiful lumonisty and youthful look. I use this in #3 and i'm NC15-20 in MAC (for reference). I use a tiny bit (like 1/2 a pea size) for my entire face because it is highly pigmented. At first I used my normal foundation amount (a pea size) and it was too much which I had to remove with tissue otherwise it would have given me full coverage and had the potential to look mask-y. 1/2 a pea size is the perfect amount for me as it evens out my skintone and provides sheer/medium coverage. i like to blend it in with my fingertips. I set it with my Guerlain Meteorites Voyage Pressed Powder and it's literally budge-proof for the entire day until i wash it off. My makeup also adheres to it well and makes them budge-proof as well. I have been using this with the Cle de Peau Cheek Colour Duo blush in #1 and e/s have changed everyday, and still i've received several comments on how luminous and glowy my skin/face is (as if i've been to the spa or on vacation). This is my new HG foundation. I will toss all the others away now since this is sheer colour and texture perfection!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by monicargonzalez

I love this foundation!! Like most of you, I have tried them all: Nars Sheer Glow, Bobbi Brown, Mac SFF, etc. However, nothing leaves me with the best of both worlds ( natural yet perfected). For reference, my skin is combo/oily and I wear this with or without powder depending on the weather, condition of my skin or occasion. It looks great both ways. I am a NC35 and I wear 6.5 in GA Luminous Silk. Also, it photographs beautifully. Worth the price!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I have a lot to say about this foundation !
Before this, I had been using GA lasting silk (4.5) but compared to that this is much better
I'm shade 3 in this. One of the more yellow toned shades.
I use one pump to cover my whole face, spread out with real techniques expert face brush and then finish off with a damp BB. I'm left with a luminous(as the name implies) satin skin-like finish. My skin tone is evened out and flawless. The coverage is pretty light, so it doesn't cover blemishes(but I never cover those anyway, looks too fake ime)
It has a strange jelly, gummy liquid-type texture (lasting silk was really slippery and smooth compared to this) and once it sets down its not going anywhere. I have no issues with longevity or transferring with this. Win!
It does however, settle into the tiny lines in my forehead if I dont use a primer.
Make sure your skin is very well moisturized before you wear this or it will cling to dry patches btw...
It photographs phenomenally!!! What you see in real life is what you get in pictures, no flashback whatsoever.
The only two bad things about this foundation..... The price ...60$ and I can't wear this. It breaks me out. Every time I do, I get breakouts on my forehead. Took me months to figure this out. At first I thought it was my hair products, but I've been using those for years so it couldn't be them. Sad because I never have issues with foundations breaking me out.
It's a no for me, but for others who don't breakout from it, I definitely recommend it !

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by tthao

This foundation is amazing. It goes on nicely, makes you glow, and I love the texture. It's silky and I don't even want to put a powder over it. Photographs beautifully and it doesn't look like you're wearing anything. I'm not sure about it's staying power because I wear this on nights out, so one day I'll try it in the beginning of the day.

I don't like the fact that it's $60 at Neiman Marcus, so hopefully I find a better one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by PlumPie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely aqueous texture, easily blendable into skin. Leaves skin soft and breathable with good coverage. Good range of colours.

Beware, if you have dry patches then this will cling and accentuate this so be sure to exfoliate and moisturise before applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by speeroo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I keep repurchasing this again and again despite its prohibitive cost. By far the best of the best I've tried! Definitely HG material. If you prefer a heavy foundation, then this is not for you. It's a medium coverage foundation that doesn't feel like a mask at all, and lasts all day. I hope it never gets discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by GKam137

As ridiculous as this sounds, this foundation IS LIFE CHANGING!!

I have tried and bought every single foundation known to man - both drug store and premium brand, and no foundation has ever worked like this one. I am an Indian woman and usually foundations are either too orange or too light so make me look ashy but this one IS FANTASTIC (for reference I use 7.5)! My hunt for a foundation is finally over - I will never change from this.

This foundation glides on like a dream...it feels amazing on my skin, like it is barely there! You can add more for cover and it doesn't look cakey, or you can just put on a thin layer and it just evens out your skin leaving such a healthy glow. The packaging and the pump on the bottle is great as it lets out the perfect amount. What I love about this is that it looks so natural on. Lasts all day and night too! Got a bit off shine around my T zone but that's natural as its my skin.....

The one thing I would say is that my skin is naturally very dry, and I did notice that the first time I used this it dried my skin out the day after (prob most likely down to the fact I hadn't moisturised or cleansed skin on the night) ....BUT now I just put on moisturiser before I put on the foundation and its perfectly fine - never ever had that issue again! In fact, the next day my skin feels glowy! Deffo recommend

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Silfor

My favourite foundation. I have tried so many foundations in the past few months as most foundations oxidize on my face leaving me looking bright orange. Because it isn't an oil base it prevents this from happening, I have tried all of the Armani foundations and find this one by far the best for a natural look while still having enough coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

I've used a whole heap of foudations (see reviews) and i never ever thought i'd find anything to top chanel vitalumiere but this is the perfect balance of the 2 vitalumiere foundations, not too dewy, not too matte, its just skin like!

I absolutely cannot recommend this foundation enough i think its fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference I am NC30 and use #6. The color seems slightly lighter when I put it on but it leaves room for oxidation. Within 5 minutes my face looks amazing. I use Laura Merciers loose mineral foundation as a setting powder (since my skin gets crazy oily in the Tzone area). I have worn the GA foundation for the last three weeks and I haven't had any breakouts and my makeup looks flawless all day. I had to go in to a 6am meeting and a coworker asked what I had been doing differently. She then went on to say that my skin looked fresh and glowy. I have honestly received number compliments. I wouldn't suggest buying it straight up, but get a sample and see if you love it as much as I do. The only down side is the ridiculous price. $60 only splurged because of the amazing reviews. I'll probably be trying Chanel's Aqua next