Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 1/4/2015 2:11:00 PM

very good thanks..!

on 1/4/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation needing full coverage as my skin consists of quite alot of red patches around my cheeks, the foundation applied really easily and was very soft on my skin however I found that it was not very long wearing atall and I was not very satisfied with the coverage, after about an hour or two I would have to top it up and with my skin being quite olily this was not helpful.

on 12/21/2014 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am normally an NC30. I have this in 5 and the Matte version of it in 5 and 5.5. I absolutely love all of them. I just ran out of luminous and will be repurchasing. I love that it gives a natural but full coverage look. Everytime I wear it I always get compliments and people always ask which foundation I am using. The pricing is a little high but worth every cent.

on 12/21/2014 5:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Luckily for my wallet I was unimpressed with this foundation. #4 was a decent, but not perfect color match for me (NW20) but the main problem for me was how this foundation brought out the worse in my skin- it looked so heavy on - cakey/masky and accentuated bumpy texture and pores which normally are kept under control with my current hg foundation NARS Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc.

on 12/20/2014 2:05:00 PM

So I have been having a very hard time finding a foundation that matches my skin. People have been raving about this foundation so why not give it a try? I'm not gonna lie, i was a bit unsure if it was worth it bc of the price but I went for it. I serioulsy LOVE it, it's so natural looking but still covers. It matches my skin tone perfectly. I'm darker than NC45 but lighter than NC50 so NC47 in mac? But I got the armani foundation in the shade 9 and i loove it. I'm so happy to finally not having to mix two foundation for the right shade. Definately HG!

on 12/18/2014 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

the colour range of this foundation is great. i use 6.25 (which is more of a yellow undertoned olive as opposed to a strong yellow) and i am nc40 in mac.
i have very oily skin. i can only get away with 5 hours of wear before i have to powder blot. once my natural oils mix with the foundation, it creates a nice glow. the foundation does not break apart but i do set it with a foundation powder before i head out (napoleon pedis camera finish in shade G4). i use mac studio finish concealer on those acne scars that are darker.
i use a beauty blender to apply all over my face and can get near full coverage on my acne scars. if you just apply with the beauty blender and you're not layering in affected areas, you can get a medium coverage.
the foundation does crease into my eye wrinkles so i have to make sure to set it, then it stays put. the foundation looks like it melts into my skin upon application and i love the finish. it is a semi-matte finish. i could imagine it would be great on people with normal skin.
the foundation doesn't cling to my dry spots.
the foundation is easy to remove as well. i do not feel as if it is tough to remove, like estee lauder double wear (which i also use and love for many reasons). i use a cleansing oil to remove it then cetaphil gentle cleanser and my face is clean.
all powders melt beautifully into this foundation. i love the way it makes my skin look healthy and glowy though it fails at oil control. having said that, i would buy again if i ever run out.

30mL frosted glass bottle, with a pump and a lid. $99AUD in david jones. i bought mine in sephora in hawaii, it was between $65-70USD.

on 12/16/2014 8:40:00 AM

This foundation gives good coverage while still managing to give a nice natural look and paired with Mac Strobe Cream as a primer gives a really lovely glowy look. I find this product works well applied with my fingers better than it does with a foundation brush. It may seem a little pricy for some but you definitley get what you pay for.

on 12/15/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Great for covering up uneven skin to light acne. It looks at it's best when you use it for medium coverage but can be build up, especially if you only have certain areas you really need to cover up (e.g. I get spots on my cheeks, but the rest of my face is pretty clean so it is perfect to deal with that)

It is pretty pricey, and after I used it for the first time I was a bit disappointed as I thought i could have achieved same results with much cheaper products, but the real strength of this product, as i discovered is when taking pictures, it photographs absolutely beautifully, always makes my skin look spotless and luminous so it has become my "special event" foundation.

I have got very acne prone skin and it is very kind to my face, however i would fully expect that from a product of this price range

I bought this product late august this year, used it every other week or so and still haven't run out so I am pretty satisfied with my value for money and once i run out i will definitely repurchase.

on 12/14/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm a big believer in spending the extra money on base products (concealer, foundation, powder) and yes, Giorgio Armani is big bucks. ($60 CAD)
The major complaint is the colouring system and finding an appropriate match. I agree that GA's colouring system needs improving as it's rather scattered and not straightforward or logical. I took one lipstick off because of this.
I'm NC30/C3 (Asian) and 5.75 is the right match for me. YMMV on the colour selection though.

The formula is very silky and it does meld into my skin to give me that 'my skin but better' look. I hate heavy bases or looking like I'm wearing foundation and I love the natural, polished look it gives me. If I want more coverage, I can layer it but if you're needing full coverage, the Luminous Silk won't fit that bill.

I think this foundation is best suited for normal to slightly combo skin types that aren't too dry or too oily. For normal to slightly oily skin types, this foundation maybe a bit emollient and requiring extra touch ups.
I prefer to use this foundation during the winter when my skin is on the normal to slightly dry side. It lasts for most of the day on me with just a touch up required at mid day and I always get compliments when I wear this foundation.

I like the pump bottle too. There is alcohol in the list of ingredients but I don't notice any scent and my skin is okay with this formula.

I recommend this foundation if you like a natural finish, don't mind the hefty price tag and can find a colour match.

on 12/14/2014 1:53:00 PM

I received this at Sephora after having the color matching done. Took home a very plentiful sample and it is fabulous. I am 45 and have combination skin as well as aging concerns. This is fabulous, color match is spot on (if you are having issues, get the color match done at Sephora) it lasts all day and does not make my t-zone shiny and at the same time does not accentuate any fine lines. Will purchase full size once i run out of test product I was given to take home and use. (I rated the packaging as 3 since I could not leave a review without it, but I honestly do not know)

Video Reviews & Tutorials