Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE GLYCERIN ISODODECANE ALCOHOL POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE HEXYL LAURATE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE PHENOXYETHANOL ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TRISTEARIN CELLULOSE GUM NYLON-12 LIMONENE BENZYL SALICYLATE LINALOOL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER PARFUM / FRAGRANCE DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE METHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 8/12/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I had essentially sworn off foundation for years and years until I went to have a wedding makeup trial and the makeup artist used this product. I purchased it immediately and though the price pinched initially, I in no way regret purchasing it and would happily do so again. I realize I am in part paying for the "designer" name, but this foundation is worth it to me. It is a perfect match for my skin (I use shade 3) and provides coverage that, honestly, I didn't know was possible for me.

I have combination skin and this product strikes a good balance for me. It stays on all day and doesn't seem to transfer very much at all. I don't usually need to set it with powder until much later in the day/early evening, if I need more staying power or a touch-up. I use a flat-top brush to apply and blend this into my skin and go over it with my fingers if need be. I find it very easy to blend and two pumps gives me plenty of coverage. I've received several compliments on my makeup since I began wearing this - no one seems to think i look more made-up, just brighter and more put-together.

For reference, I've tried everything from That Gal! primer alone, Physicians Formula mineral foundation, UD Naked Beauty Balm and L'Oreal BB cream to MAC and NARS powder foundations and this is the first thing I've found that doesn't seriously bum me out in some way. I liked the L'Oreal BB for general, light coverage but this is far and away a better fit for me.

on 8/12/2014 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Best foundation yet! Great colour selection, photographs nicely. Gives you a beautiful glow, Lightweight yet decent coverage, doesn't oxidise, stays put all day. Great for your kit and personal use

on 8/11/2014 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

FAB FAB FAB.
Light weight
Beautiful colour match
No horrible smell
Literallly feels like silk
Medium coverage - great with real techniques foundation brush
No breakouts
Classy packaging
- Bit over priced, £30 would have been suffice.

on 8/10/2014 3:59:00 AM

This is my most favorite foundation ever. It is so natural, doesn't oxidize, doesn't offend my skin, and lasts all day with a primer. The downside is it is expensive and comes in a limited range of shades. I'm an NW20-25 in Mac and wear a 4.75 in Armani. I think I got lucky that the shades do match me. It's a medium coverage foundation and dewey. Not everyone cares for that. I do not see this foundation working out well for people with oily skin. Please note most people who like this foundation are late 20's and up. It is not a teenager foundation. It is great for those who have I guess combination skin. It doesn't sink into any lines and covers any redness and unevenness. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation is very similar, with the similar limited range of shade issue (I wear Vanille).

on 7/29/2014 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Gives you no coverage whatsoever not for us oily monsters. If you have perfect skin with minimal flaws this could be the one for you.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I tried a few samples of this with high hopes, I think the color matches but to me this seemed like a CC cream almost. It didn't look bad but I wore it all day inside my house on a weekend without really doing anything that day and I became very shiny and overall I didn't like it. I did however like the texture and it blends very well, but the overall look for me just didn't work out. I think from what I have seen this foundation is beautiful on tan skinned girls. I am very fair skinned with freckles, my freckles came right through.

on 7/22/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Ok I wasn't impressed by it, first the color 030 is very peachy yellow, so wrong color for me, secondly, it disappears fast on the skin, and it is a bit flat, for a luminous foundation, there is little luminosity..it feels like an invisible foundation ...so for me, no, I have found better..for those who like a foundation that isn't there , it will work, past the high price...I don't like the texture.

on 7/22/2014 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I usually don't wear foundation so I wanted to find something that was light and didn't look like I was wearing makeup. This has to be the best foundation I have ever tried. And I have tried many and never have stuck through with using the same one like this. It gives coverage and does not make you look made up. I have oily skin and it helps keep it matte and not shiny. It is expensive but well worth it and it lasts forever. Definitely would purchase again.

on 7/13/2014 6:15:00 AM

Wow. This foundation really is amazing. It's like I've airbrushed my skin. I have only tried it in our dry winter, so I can't comment on how it will go in our hot summer, but even if I can count in it in the winter when my skin in super dried out, I'm happy! I'm yet to find another foundation that is able to keep my skin looking glowy and hydrated during winter..so happy.

on 7/13/2014 12:09:00 AM

I have very dry skin prone to eczema. This is my HG foundation and I gave tried Many brands including YSL, Laura Mercier, MAC Mineralize, Lancôme, Josie Maran. This gives my me skin am unparalleled finish. Looks natural and dewy. Highly recommend for those with dry skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials