Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

on 8/2/2010 11:35:00 PM

This hand creme works great as far as moisturizing goes, but I do not like the consistency of this product. It's greasy, difficult to apply, and becomes sticky once it's on your hands. I suggest putting this on before bed since the creme is so thick-except I have the problem where it gets all over my bed. I love the smell though. It's a very strong almond scented creme which can be overwhelming for some people. I'm the type of girl though that absolutely loves strong,overpowering scents. Overall, it gets the job done, but in a messy way that I'm not too fond of.

on 7/29/2010 12:19:00 AM

This hand cream is o.k. It is kind of greasy, but I guess the greasiness doesn't last that long. But neither do the moisturizing properties. I like the smell though. But I need something better for my hands. Will not repurchase.

Note: This review also applies to the Beeswax and Banana Hand Creme.

on 6/26/2010 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like how this hand cream dries really quickly after applying it, but it can leave a powdery feeling on your hands. The almond smell is pretty strong. I like the L'Occitane hand cream series better because it dries just as quickly and doesn't leave a residue.

on 6/15/2010 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I dont like the smell at all! The almond scent is too overpowering. The cream in general is nice and moisturizing but i just cant stand the smell.

PROS: Very, very moisturizing.

CONS: The scent is so strong. I like almost all variations on the "almond" scent, usually. This was overwhelming though. Came across much greasier than I assumed it would. Expensive. Those who don't like to contaminate the container with their fingers won't like that this is in a jar.

ALTERNATES: I prefer any of the following inexpensive alternates: Tree Hut Body Balms/Butters, Cetaphil Cream (unscented), or Cantu Shea Butter Body Butter.

on 6/14/2010 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I have 2 jars of this stuff by my bed. One is almost gone and I already have a backup ready to go. This handcream is on the heavy side, not really good to use during the day because it does make your hands greasy but it is perfect to wear at night while you sleep. The almond scent is strong which I absolutely love (I love almond scented stuff). This cream is not all that cheap ($12 at Walgreens) but one jar lasts for awhile.
I'll be buying this stuff for a few more years that is for sure :)

I wanted to like this, because I love the smell of almonds. It smells ok at first, but becomes overpowering. The product is very thick and waxy. Difficult to apply. Don't like using it anywhere but my feet at night. Would not recommend. There are plenty of other products out there that I can use on both my hands and feet.

on 5/4/2010 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG! I love this hand cream! It is a handsaver! In fact, I use it all over for all the scaly dry patches that randomly show up now and then. It smells amazing...like a delicious almond cookie.
I have my hands in and out of water all day and they were looking pretty bad. After one use, literally ONE USE, my hands were completely moisturized and looked & felt 100 times better. They used to be red, raw, flaky and scaly and now they are beautiful. I can't recommend this creme enough! The only downside is the packaging....the whole digging into a pot to get the stuff out... is no fun. For the ladies who have nails, it would be difficult to use without having it constantly stuck underneath your nails. I still would recommend and repurchase, though...because it is the best hand creme I have ever used in my entire life!

on 4/12/2010 12:42:00 AM

I really love the smell of this hand cream which reminds me of almond pudding desserts. This hand cream has a VERY greasy consitency but it is great for winter time and bedtime treatment. It works really well if you can wear cotton gloves right after you put the hand cream on. It helps to keep your hands really moisturized and soft. Without gloves on, I don't think you can touch anything (like keyboards) without making them oily.

I also found this cream to be fairly waterproof. Even after hand washing (not vigorously of course), my hands were still relatively moisturized. For people who worked in a place that require constant hand washing, this is a great product to have.

I highly recommend trying this hand cream if you like almond (yes it can be strong for some) and don't mind greasy hand cream. This product is useful for areas with dry and cold weather.

on 4/9/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this because I liked the natural ingredients and assumed that name meant this lotion would be soft, creamy and smell nice. I was wrong. This stuff is hard in texture and is really difficult to spread, even worse it doesn't absorb into the skin at all and left my hands greasy for nearly a half hour, and even then my skin was no different than before. The smell is very overpowering and smells like licorice and chalk-seriously! The packaging isn't great either, because of its hard texture and how greasy it makes your hands its hard to get any of the product out and its even harder to try to screw the lib back onto the jar.
I must say, this company is giving a bad rep to natural/organic skincare! There are lots of other brands which are still natural/organic and work better than any commercial and chemical company and DEFINITELY better than Burt's Bees, these include Juliet's Room, Jurlique Skincare, SanRe Organic Skinfood, A'kin Skincare, and the list goes on...so don't be discouraged if your new to trying natural skincare and this junk happened to be your first try.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products