Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

on 9/16/2010 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I fell in LOVE with this product. I never used body, hand or foot lotion since I have hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) of the hands and feet. I get any hair or skin product on my hands and it's like my pores get clogged and my hands start sweating like crazy. Perhaps because of this I've always had very soft hands and feet (constant moisturizer!). I still thought that I should start moisturizing my hands, at least occasionally, to prevent "old lady hands".

I personally LOVE the smell and texture of the cream. It is rich and somehow does not make my hands sweat which for me is unheard of. It may be because my skin is already very soft but I must say that I'm surprised to not notice a difference when I wake up the mornings after putting it on. Maybe it is because it is wax and not oil, and maybe this is why it doesn't make my hands sweat.

I will put it on every night from now on, who knows, maybe even on only one hand to see if I notice a difference. Will post update. Either way, very pleasant to put on and wear.

on 8/31/2010 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This hand cream isn't for everyone! That said, it moisturises my hands very effectively. I would definitely buy it again because it has multiple uses (It's also amazing for treating rough spots; elbows, knees and feet.), it isn't too expensive considering that it's 100% natural and it really works. This cream has a thick consistency and smells strongly of almonds, akin to marzipan, which I personally love. Many reviewers have noted that their hands feel greasy after applying this but I find that when my hands are absolutely parched, it is absorbed almost straight away. I have to frequently wash my hands at work using harsh antibacterial soap/sanitiser. This cream literally saves my hands when they are unbearably dry and sore. I slather it on throughout the day and especially at night time and I wake up to baby soft hands. I like the glass jar that it comes in; the picture of the cow is quite cute and it means that you can use up every little bit. However, I do find it a little odd that kaolin (clay) is the 5th ingredient of this cream as it can dry out the skin. I am sure this is why it leaves a powdery finish. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who suffers from very dry hands that are in need of intensive hydration.

on 8/2/2010 11:35:00 PM

This hand creme works great as far as moisturizing goes, but I do not like the consistency of this product. It's greasy, difficult to apply, and becomes sticky once it's on your hands. I suggest putting this on before bed since the creme is so thick-except I have the problem where it gets all over my bed. I love the smell though. It's a very strong almond scented creme which can be overwhelming for some people. I'm the type of girl though that absolutely loves strong,overpowering scents. Overall, it gets the job done, but in a messy way that I'm not too fond of.

on 7/29/2010 12:19:00 AM

This hand cream is o.k. It is kind of greasy, but I guess the greasiness doesn't last that long. But neither do the moisturizing properties. I like the smell though. But I need something better for my hands. Will not repurchase.

Note: This review also applies to the Beeswax and Banana Hand Creme.

on 6/26/2010 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like how this hand cream dries really quickly after applying it, but it can leave a powdery feeling on your hands. The almond smell is pretty strong. I like the L'Occitane hand cream series better because it dries just as quickly and doesn't leave a residue.

on 6/15/2010 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I dont like the smell at all! The almond scent is too overpowering. The cream in general is nice and moisturizing but i just cant stand the smell.

PROS: Very, very moisturizing.

CONS: The scent is so strong. I like almost all variations on the "almond" scent, usually. This was overwhelming though. Came across much greasier than I assumed it would. Expensive. Those who don't like to contaminate the container with their fingers won't like that this is in a jar.

ALTERNATES: I prefer any of the following inexpensive alternates: Tree Hut Body Balms/Butters, Cetaphil Cream (unscented), or Cantu Shea Butter Body Butter.

on 6/14/2010 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I have 2 jars of this stuff by my bed. One is almost gone and I already have a backup ready to go. This handcream is on the heavy side, not really good to use during the day because it does make your hands greasy but it is perfect to wear at night while you sleep. The almond scent is strong which I absolutely love (I love almond scented stuff). This cream is not all that cheap ($12 at Walgreens) but one jar lasts for awhile.
I'll be buying this stuff for a few more years that is for sure :)

I wanted to like this, because I love the smell of almonds. It smells ok at first, but becomes overpowering. The product is very thick and waxy. Difficult to apply. Don't like using it anywhere but my feet at night. Would not recommend. There are plenty of other products out there that I can use on both my hands and feet.

on 5/4/2010 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG! I love this hand cream! It is a handsaver! In fact, I use it all over for all the scaly dry patches that randomly show up now and then. It smells amazing...like a delicious almond cookie.
I have my hands in and out of water all day and they were looking pretty bad. After one use, literally ONE USE, my hands were completely moisturized and looked & felt 100 times better. They used to be red, raw, flaky and scaly and now they are beautiful. I can't recommend this creme enough! The only downside is the packaging....the whole digging into a pot to get the stuff out... is no fun. For the ladies who have nails, it would be difficult to use without having it constantly stuck underneath your nails. I still would recommend and repurchase, though...because it is the best hand creme I have ever used in my entire life!

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products