OPI Natural Nail Base Coat

3.8

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Ethyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Camphor, Benzophenone 1, Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Protein, Keratin Amino Acids, D&C Red 33

Although it was on the pricier side than I'd normally spend, I needed a good base coat for some of my darker polishes. This stuff is really great. It dries fast, which is my favorite part, and helps glittery polishes slide right off with remover. It seems to have increased the longevity of my manicure as well.

I like this mainly because it does a good job of preventing my nails from yellowing. I don't think it does much to prolong the life of my nail polish (nothing seems to), but I like to change my nail color every two or three days, so meh. I may try something else once I use this up, though.

edit: Subtracting 2 lippies. Orly Bonder puts this stuff to shame.

This is my HG base coat. It's a good foundation for my polish, does not cause peeling like other base coats have for me, and prevents staining. I use it for every manicure and pedicure.

Unfortunately - this product stopped working for me - the 1st couple of times - worked OK - mani would last 5 days or so (paired w/ only OPI polish and Seche Vitae topcoat) but then, it started peeling off in sheets and taking a couple of layers of my nail w/ it = weaker, thin nails = NOT COOL! Surprising since I absolutely swear by OPI polishes...:(

I like this base coat b/c it just works. I don't know how this compares to other base coats... One bottle should last you so many applications. And i have the one with pro brush which makes application sooo much easier.

I adore this base coat. First of all it keeps polish on for DAYS, well over a week for me.

Second, it's very quick drying. I LOVE that because other base coats seem too thick and never seem to dry. This stuff does not make the drying process slow.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is an ok basecaot. I used it with the topcoat (regular) and my nails chip within the week. Looking for a new basecoat.....

Sorry about the reviewer's experience below (maybe an allergy?) but this is the best base I've ever used. It seems to do everything a base coat should do - protects my natural nails and helps color adhere. It's the best base coat I've ever used. I'm on my third or fourth bottle. Always repurchasing and keep an extra on hand.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This stuff is evil--I normally have pretty strong nails but just one application of this totally destroys them, leaving them peeling and splitting for weeks! Something in it obviously disagrees with me, and I'm so stupid that I bought it twice--and tried it trice--by mistake! (I'm now using Essie Sensitivity Basecoat with no problems at all, and super-long wear.)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far, this is the BEST base I've tried! Granted, I haven't tried them all, but this has worked wonders for me. It has a smooth, clear application, and dries quickly to a somewhat "tacky" finish so the polish can adhere better and last longer.

Top Rated OPI Products