OPI Natural Nail Base Coat

3.8

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Ethyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Camphor, Benzophenone 1, Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Protein, Keratin Amino Acids, D&C Red 33

on 8/29/2008 5:20:00 PM

This is my HG base coat. It's a good foundation for my polish, does not cause peeling like other base coats have for me, and prevents staining. I use it for every manicure and pedicure.

on 8/9/2008 9:09:00 AM

Unfortunately - this product stopped working for me - the 1st couple of times - worked OK - mani would last 5 days or so (paired w/ only OPI polish and Seche Vitae topcoat) but then, it started peeling off in sheets and taking a couple of layers of my nail w/ it = weaker, thin nails = NOT COOL! Surprising since I absolutely swear by OPI polishes...:(

on 2/29/2008 4:28:00 PM

I like this base coat b/c it just works. I don't know how this compares to other base coats... One bottle should last you so many applications. And i have the one with pro brush which makes application sooo much easier.

on 12/21/2007 1:35:00 PM

I adore this base coat. First of all it keeps polish on for DAYS, well over a week for me.

Second, it's very quick drying. I LOVE that because other base coats seem too thick and never seem to dry. This stuff does not make the drying process slow.

on 10/6/2006 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is an ok basecaot. I used it with the topcoat (regular) and my nails chip within the week. Looking for a new basecoat.....

on 9/8/2006 12:07:00 PM

Sorry about the reviewer's experience below (maybe an allergy?) but this is the best base I've ever used. It seems to do everything a base coat should do - protects my natural nails and helps color adhere. It's the best base coat I've ever used. I'm on my third or fourth bottle. Always repurchasing and keep an extra on hand.

on 8/10/2006 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This stuff is evil--I normally have pretty strong nails but just one application of this totally destroys them, leaving them peeling and splitting for weeks! Something in it obviously disagrees with me, and I'm so stupid that I bought it twice--and tried it trice--by mistake! (I'm now using Essie Sensitivity Basecoat with no problems at all, and super-long wear.)

on 5/25/2006 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far, this is the BEST base I've tried! Granted, I haven't tried them all, but this has worked wonders for me. It has a smooth, clear application, and dries quickly to a somewhat "tacky" finish so the polish can adhere better and last longer.

on 4/28/2006 9:56:00 AM

This is the only salon-brand base coat I've tried so far, and it is definitely better than any of the drugstore ones I have tried (I think some Sally Hansen and L'Oreal). I really like it, but since I don't have much to compare it with, I am giving it a rating of 4 for now. I like that the consistency is thin, because it makes it that much easier to apply and it dries very quickly. I've had the same bottle for years and the consistency is still perfect (I change my polish quite a lot, but because I alternate with the ds base coats, and because my fingernails are quite small, I've yet to use it up). This base coat also allows trickier polishes to apply very smoothly, something that the ds base coats don't really do.

The only problem I have had is that darker colours do end up staining my nailsóI love wearing reds and vampy shadesóbut I haven't tried any base coat that prevents this from happening so I can't hold it against OPI for now.

on 9/12/2005 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This basecoat works really well for me. It goes on kind of watery, but it dries in about a minute. Also, a few weeks ago, I removed red polish that I had been wearing on my toenails and I used the base coat before applying the red enamel, and my toenails weren't stained! If I had not used this good stuff, my nails would've indeed been stained. Also, OPI's Natural Nail Base Coat helps my polish stay on a bit longer. The base coat and lacquer last for almost a week on my fingernails, but for 2 weeks on my toenails. This stuff is worth every penny. Thank you for making great products, OPI!

Top Rated OPI Products