Chanel Bois des Iles

4.1

on 2/14/2006 12:10:00 AM

This is the nicest fragrance I own. It's elegant, beautiful and made with quality. The creator, Ernest Beaux, made a timeless masterpiece with this one.

on 1/22/2006 6:00:00 PM

Typical headache inducing Chanel mess. Perfumey, powdery, floral. Ugh, my head is pounding and I must WASH THIS OFF. It ain't no No.5 or Coco, let's just leave it at that.

on 1/21/2006 5:51:00 PM

Basically, I am inspired to write reviews now because of this fragrance. Although I will wear others, this is now my HG fragrance. At first I only smelled aldehydes and sandalwood, but now after wearing is so much, I am finally picking up different notes. The ylang-ylang and rose was particularly strong the other day. But the sandalwood is my favorite. It's a little powdery too, but not baby powder, more like classic perfume powdery. This is so sophisticated and makes me feel like a woman (which I am of course, but some things just make you feel more that way). I feel instantly confident and more outgoing when I spritz this on. Heaven in a bottle. Absolutely lovely.

on 12/20/2005 10:55:00 PM

This has a strange perfumey top note on me (similar to No. 5), and then turns into a beautiful powdery floral for a while (I LOVE this stage of the fragrance). Until alas...it turns to something beautiful that i just cannot describe. I did not likle this one the first couple of times I put it on, but now, I can't stop smelling my wrists when i wear it. It is intoxicating in the best way possible. A classic beauty!

on 12/8/2005 3:17:00 AM

I was so excited to get a sample of this after reading all the glowing reviews! This is a really classy scent, definitely woody/gently sweet/and then there is that 'gingerbread' note that everyone seems to love. Everyone but me apparently. It's not that I don't like it, I just can't smell it for a long period of time without feeling a little ill. It's no fault of the fragrance it's just my sense of smell and personal chemistry. It happens with all perfumes similiarly spiced. Even tho I know I can't wear this all day I have enjoyed putting a dab my wrists and puttering around in it for awhile before I shower. It's a perfect fragrance for cooler weather but not so overwhelming that it can't be used year round. Truth be told I'm actually relieved I didn't fall in love with it since it's rather expensive and hard to come by.

on 12/1/2005 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Woody, not a floral, though it certainly has those notes in it, this is just a great every day scent I go to when I'm not sure what else to wear. It is my favorite Chanel scent.

on 11/15/2005 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Maybe it's just the aldehydes, but there's a certain something about classic Chanels--something sweet but elegant, powdery but definitely not babyish. I love this note, and hoped Bois des Iles would have it too. Well, it not only had it, but seemed to *be* it. I was in scent heaven, and exasperated with my husband, who pronounced it "unremarkable." (He used the same word about #19, and I was equally disbelieving then.) So why doesn't it get the full 5 rating? Because the drydown got too spicy for me. Husband's final pronouncement--"pleasant, but not sexy."

on 11/7/2005 8:17:00 PM

When I heard about Bois des Iles, I was hoping it was overrated and that it would stink on me so that I wouldn't have to go through the hell of finding it again. Alas, I fell in love with the EDT of Bois des Iles. This is the first fragrance that actually brought tears to my eyes with its beauty! The woodiness that is so apparent in the bottle tones down on my skin, and I end up with a perfect balance of sweet sandalwood, vanilla, a touch of floral, and spices, warm and quiet and comforting. It smells like autumn and makes me feel nostalgic, reminding me of the Chinese sandalwood fans of my childhood. I definitely get the gingerbread note and virtually none of the typical Chanel powdery notes. I have both the EDT and parfum, and I wish they'd make an EDP formulation.

on 11/7/2005 12:56:00 PM

It's nicer to me than No. 5, but doesn't hold a candle to my beloved Coco. I found this perfume slightly masculine and way to powdery and floral. I didn't really smell any wood. I tried the EDT. I've heard the EDP is much nicer.

on 10/21/2005 11:30:00 PM

Bois des Iles is dry, sweet woody perfection with a hint of gingerbread and a whisper of florals. This is a must-try for lovers of classic perfumes.

Popular Fragrances