July 28, 2014 | 1993 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - Smooth As Silk Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by kristina10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

absolutely love this stuff! definately my favorite! will keep buying! leaves hair perfectly smooth and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by MadamGul

This is the conditioner I will use from now on. I really don't plan on changing brands unless the company goes belly up, and I pray it won't. I've searched a long time for a conditioner that will actually 'condition' my curly dry hair and this is it.

The price is what gets me. I have long curly hair and therefore I use a lot of conditioner. I found it in salon size (4x the amount of product) at TJMaxx of all places.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by LovesYouToPieces

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff! I have switched to all natural/organic shampoos, conditioners, body washes, and lotions as I have very problematic skin. Out of all of the Giovanni products this makes my fine, thick, wavy hair tame and soft. It does not weight it down. I have seen improvements in my skin as well which I believe is due to the lack of harsh ingredients that bother my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 3:43:00 AM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

I really like this conditioner. The scent is lovely and light. I use this conditioner every day and it works well for me, but those with very dry/processed hair would probably want something more conditioning. I love that this doesn't seem to leave any residue on my hair. I plan to continue purchasing this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by juliah09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the feel, the fact that I can comb my hair after showering with no problem... Although I do comb the conditioner through my hair before rinsing, that should make a difference afterwards... I wouldn't go back to a salon formula after using this brand... Love the natural, shine, less frizz than normal and I have wavy hair, not curly or straight...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the natural ingredients. Love that it is cone-free. The smell I had to get used to - I dont particularly care for grapefruit or valencia orange. But it was minor in comparison to the results it gave. Soft, shiny, well-detangled hair. I bought a HUGE salon sized pump of this, and my hair loved it for frequent washing. It is also good for deep conditionining. I would definitely re-purchase. I used this maybe 12 months ago, for a 6 month period, along with a few other natural products. The Smooth As Silk Shampoo takes some getting used to also, I didn't originally like the finish that it gave, but over time it felt very gentle on my hair and I think the two worked well together.

UPDATE 1/17/211:
I still use this conditioner, often for co-washes. It also works well as a leave in when wet bunning hair. It leaves my hair very soft and detangled, I find that when I use this daily I don't need to do protein treatments. Adding jojoba oil or olive oil to it makes it very rich and moisturizing. The same effect occurs if you add a few drops of jojoba to the matching Smooth As Silk Shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by GoCubsGo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm returning this product. I was looking for a conditioner with no alcohol or as little alcohol as possible, and this conditioner has very little alcohol. Well, this product DOES NOT DE-TANGLE AT ALL. :( However, it does leave my hair swingy, shiny, and smooth. It just takes me 10 minutes to get out all the knots while combing my hair with a wide-toothed comb when my hair's still wet! Also, I left this in my hair for 5 minutes each time I've used this to no avail. I'm disappointed and will be continuing my search...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by j_aime

Amazing - I have found my forever conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by defectivegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have extensive bleach and heat damage to my hair and picked this up to see if it would restore some of the luster of my hair and reduce the look of the damage. I hoped for too much.... It isn't a good deep conditioner for someone with damaged hair due to bleach and heat. It worked great for my mom's hair. Did nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 3:22:00 AM More reviews by omilael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is simply the best conditioner I've ever used! I always come back to this, and have been using it for years! I have naturally curly hair (3B) and this provides wonderful 'slip' and just the right amount of moisture! It's not too heavy and doesn't weigh my hair down. I even will sometimes leave a little bit in after rinsing, and this makes my hair so soft! The scent is grapefruity-citrusy, and I really like it! It can be on the pricey side if you only buy the small 8.5 oz bottles (around 8$), and if have thick hair that soaks it up! But is available in bulk at my local Co-op for much cheaper! I recommend this is curly girls everywhere! Definitely HG material!