December 21, 2014 | 1775 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - Smooth As Silk Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

2a/m/i henndigoed hair.
This is cone-free and vegan.
Normal price, $7.99US but I have seen this at Marshall's (where I normally get it) for $12.99 for 1 liter!

The only problem I have with this is the lame triangle bottle. But I've recently seen a different bottle design on shelves, which gives me hope that soon there will be nothing amiss with this product. Even with that, I gave it 5 lippes.

I've used it many times over the course of my long-hair journey, and although I stray and try other conditioners, this is one I always come back to (as well as Suave coconut!). It's perfect for light moisture, and thin hair. It works good in SMT too. The scent is light, and my BPAL&coconut oil leave-in covers it just fine without hindering the BPAL scents.
Great slip, rinses well. Currently in it's rotation with Dove Intense Moisture Therapy witch has tons of cones, so I don't need to clarify as often.

Love this, and will keep coming back when I need something I know I can rely on!

Ingredients:
Aqua (Purified Water), Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Oil, Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis Flower) Oil, Clary (Salvia Sclarea), Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Fargara), Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil, Mallow (Malya Sylvestris), Horsetail (Equisetum Arvense) Oil, Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Stearalkonium Chloride, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (Corn), Sodium Hydromethylglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (Citrus Derived)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by kristina10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

absolutely love this stuff! definately my favorite! will keep buying! leaves hair perfectly smooth and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by MadamGul

This is the conditioner I will use from now on. I really don't plan on changing brands unless the company goes belly up, and I pray it won't. I've searched a long time for a conditioner that will actually 'condition' my curly dry hair and this is it.

The price is what gets me. I have long curly hair and therefore I use a lot of conditioner. I found it in salon size (4x the amount of product) at TJMaxx of all places.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by LovesYouToPieces

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff! I have switched to all natural/organic shampoos, conditioners, body washes, and lotions as I have very problematic skin. Out of all of the Giovanni products this makes my fine, thick, wavy hair tame and soft. It does not weight it down. I have seen improvements in my skin as well which I believe is due to the lack of harsh ingredients that bother my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 3:43:00 AM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

I really like this conditioner. The scent is lovely and light. I use this conditioner every day and it works well for me, but those with very dry/processed hair would probably want something more conditioning. I love that this doesn't seem to leave any residue on my hair. I plan to continue purchasing this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by juliah09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the feel, the fact that I can comb my hair after showering with no problem... Although I do comb the conditioner through my hair before rinsing, that should make a difference afterwards... I wouldn't go back to a salon formula after using this brand... Love the natural, shine, less frizz than normal and I have wavy hair, not curly or straight...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the natural ingredients. Love that it is cone-free. The smell I had to get used to - I dont particularly care for grapefruit or valencia orange. But it was minor in comparison to the results it gave. Soft, shiny, well-detangled hair. I bought a HUGE salon sized pump of this, and my hair loved it for frequent washing. It is also good for deep conditionining. I would definitely re-purchase. I used this maybe 12 months ago, for a 6 month period, along with a few other natural products. The Smooth As Silk Shampoo takes some getting used to also, I didn't originally like the finish that it gave, but over time it felt very gentle on my hair and I think the two worked well together.

UPDATE 1/17/211:
I still use this conditioner, often for co-washes. It also works well as a leave in when wet bunning hair. It leaves my hair very soft and detangled, I find that when I use this daily I don't need to do protein treatments. Adding jojoba oil or olive oil to it makes it very rich and moisturizing. The same effect occurs if you add a few drops of jojoba to the matching Smooth As Silk Shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by GoCubsGo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm returning this product. I was looking for a conditioner with no alcohol or as little alcohol as possible, and this conditioner has very little alcohol. Well, this product DOES NOT DE-TANGLE AT ALL. :( However, it does leave my hair swingy, shiny, and smooth. It just takes me 10 minutes to get out all the knots while combing my hair with a wide-toothed comb when my hair's still wet! Also, I left this in my hair for 5 minutes each time I've used this to no avail. I'm disappointed and will be continuing my search...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by j_aime

Amazing - I have found my forever conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by defectivegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have extensive bleach and heat damage to my hair and picked this up to see if it would restore some of the luster of my hair and reduce the look of the damage. I hoped for too much.... It isn't a good deep conditioner for someone with damaged hair due to bleach and heat. It worked great for my mom's hair. Did nothing for me.