April 20, 2014 | 1589 users online

Lip Gloss - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Gloss (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2003 10:44:00 PM More reviews by weasermae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this gloss! "Addict" is a perfect name for it! I have two vials of this...the Strawberry, and the Chocolate. They smell great, taste great, look great. After the gloss wears off, my lips feel soooo velvety soft!! The colors are so gorgeous, too. Love it!! (although a tad pricey for lip gloss!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2003 1:38:00 PM More reviews by NewOrleansLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't like these. They are too thin, taste bad and not pigmented enough. Not worth the money IMO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2003 8:52:00 AM More reviews by PradaPrincess

What a disappointment. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous and there were several wearable shades in the selection however the texture just didn't live up to what I had wanted. Simply way too thin and didn't stay very well =(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2003 1:20:00 PM More reviews by sassygirrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

RIS, love this gloss! Lasts a long time, and smells nice too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2003 10:22:00 PM More reviews by midoriaddicted

WOW! as a big gloss fanatic i must say these glosses are about the best i have tried. Packaging is AMAZING! And the colours are so pretty and look fantastic on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2003 1:40:00 AM More reviews by msp12

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a generous carded sample of four Addict glosses in the mail, and while I cannot recall their specific names, each did not fail to coat my lips in greyish, whitish matter! I was so disappointed as the colours looked very pretty and jewel-like in their packaging, but alas these just do not work for GGG. Even the lightest, most unflattering and frosty Chanel glossimers (on me) do not lose their true colours like this. Certainly YMMV.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2003 1:15:00 AM More reviews by alison81

The packaging is fabulous, of course. The lipgloss itself smells absolutely delicious, and it tastes of vanilla, I think. The only minus is that the texture is extremely thin and consequently I have had trouble with the gloss bleeding onto my teeth (particularly noticeable with darker colours), and also the glosses don't last long. The best two colours are Strawberry (would suit many) and Feast of Plums (a very unique shade that I think is quite special in my collection).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2003 8:17:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

These glosses are great!! Expensive but worth it. The texture is really nice and they have a great shimmery look to them. I have Taste of Strawberry and Lick of Taffy and both are nice not too sheer and not too pigmented shades. The packaging is soooo pretty. I love the smell/taste and definitely plan on getting others.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2003 2:21:00 AM More reviews by meToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At this point, I wouldn't buy again. The colors look really pretty, particularly when you swatch them on your hand, but I don't like the taste. It's too plasticy. It's just like a slightly watered down plastic shine. DARN!
When you consider the price of these glosses, ($22 EACH!!), they simply are too high priced to be uncomfortable as far as wear, flavor or scent. I'm so glad I only purchased two and so far, I'm just not impressed enough with the colors to purchase more. I prefer glosses with more pigmentation and these are really sheer on.
I need to add that they burn my lips. I'll try one or the other again for a couple of days here and there, but if it continues to burn my lips, they are SO going back to the store. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2003 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Suil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the rave reviews, I was excited to try this gloss. Like the previous reveiwer, I'm pale (PPP) with dark hair and eyes and looked washed out with these glosses. They're good for spring/summer but only a couple have more color and you can buy less expensive, better-smelling glosses (i.e. Delux) elsewhere. They're also sticky, so keep that in mind if your hair is long enough to stick to your lips.