Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

4.6

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

on 2/28/2010 2:27:00 PM

Horrible. Leaves a white cast and doesn't even control oil too well.
Still have an almost-full 3oz bottle... =[

on 1/21/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is just as good as MAC Blot, for a fraction of the price. This doesn't come in a sifter jar, so I just used one that I already had. I use my BE powder brush for application. I purchased this on Amazon.com but you can find it on many Theatre makeup websites.

on 12/17/2009 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this powder. As with all Ben Nye products, they are formulated for performers - people whose makeup is a professional tool, not a fashion accessory - so their products WORK and are very affordable. I bought the large tub of this for $9 at my local theatrical supply store and even though I use it regularly for myself (decanted into a smaller sifter jar) and have powdered head-to-toe countless models, I think I'll be dead long before I use it all!

The powder is completely translucent, controls oil reasonably well, and contains an antiperspirant to minimize sweating (from all those hot stage lights!) I use this for stage performance and I can attest to it's sweat minimizing ability. I find this powder so dependable, I used it on my wedding day.

on 11/10/2009 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think I have found my HG powder. I used a translucent Lancome powder that was 32 dollars for much less product and was in love, but not in love with the price. I then tried Fyrinnae Fluff powder which was awful. This is amazing!! It truly is translucent. I put it on and cannot even see it. No powdery look, you cannot see it going on. It is just as good as the Lancome but much cheaper.

on 10/1/2009 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This powder is AM-AZ-ING! I have had problems controlling my everyday oiliness, which has really been a pain, as foundation only lasted about 4/5 hrs before creasing etc.
This powder keeps my skin matte for at least 8 hrs+, which is a small miracle for my skin. Packaging isn't pretty, but I just pour some into an old lid and then use my brush/velour puff to apply. Doesn't dry my skin out and never effects the color of my other make-up, goes on transparent. It is totally water resistant, sweat and tear proof!
I paid 9 inc. P&P which for the amount and quality is very good, overall I would highly recommend this, def. HG powder!
UPDATE: I just have to say how much I am loving this powder, even on bad skin days, after applying this my face looks so much better. Really refined and smooth. Great stuff!

on 8/20/2009 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a great powder for controlling oil!! Dirt cheap, easy to find online, goes on like silk. Huge 3 ounce bottle for $7.00. I use mineral makeup and I apply this last with my kabuki brush. I can't believe how well it works. I'm usually very oily, but this stuff stops oil for the whole day! I already use a great mineral makeup which has helped my oil problem, but with Neutral Set as my last step, I think I have found the perfect combination to keep my oil at bay. Try it out. It's cheap, so there isn't a big investment involved if you don't care for it. I will definitely keep buying this! Also, it does NOT change the color of your makeup. It "sets" everything exactly how you have applied it. It doesn't feel heavy. I can't feel it on my face which is a big plus. I hate a heavy feeling on my skin.
EDIT: While I still like this powder and still recommend it, I would not repurchase because I found something I like better. My skin has changed and is drier now. I have changed up my makeup routine so I no longer use this.

on 8/13/2009 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This powder is amazing. It is a truly translucent, oil and sweat controlling powder. I use a puff from Sephora and press and roll it into my skin after I put on blush, but before I set my brows, and then use a fluffy powder brush to remove excess. This powder has done amazing things to keep my makeup in place this summer. It really does help control perspiration on the face! I was worried that the anti-perspirant factor would cause irritation and breakouts, but no such problems have happened for me. I got mine from a theater supply company online (http://www.fun-shop.com) and it came in a tall jar with a two opening top, like a salt top. I just got a really cheap NYC loose powder, threw that powder away, washed and filled the jar with the Ben Nye powder, and did a pretty decoupage picture on the lid to store mine. I haven't used it in the cooler weather, but it is HG summer setting powder for me. Try it!

on 7/21/2009 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love this product it is awesome to use in the summer it helps keep your make up set and it helps minimize shine for me because of the antiperspirant . It is also great at finishing your makeup it blends my MAC Studio Fix and my bronzer or blush into a beautiful flawless finish. And it is also a great buy at $5.99 the only thing that i dislike a bit is the packaging because you tend to waste a bit of product because of the sifter but other then that i like that it comes with a lot of product:)

on 4/18/2009 10:14:00 PM

Found this for $6 at Ricky's in NYC. It leaves my makeup looking polished.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of the best setting powders I have used. You can get this online or from theater supply stores for a really good price. It sets makeup without looking like you have added another layer and is great at absorbing shine. My only gripe is the packaging, it comes in a shake out container and sometimes I would end up wasting product until I found an empty sifter jar and decanted some. I will definitely repurchase this when it runs out, but that won't be for a while since you get tons of product.

Recommended for Normal Skin