December 18, 2014 | 1696 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by daftglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is my dream come true for smudging and blending liner with shadow. It's PERFECT. There's nothing more to say about that -- it's totally awesome.

That said, if you do NOT do a lot of lining-then-adding-shadow-right-next-to-it, then you could theoretically do without this. Just smudge with something else. But I've found this is the perfect way to add a sharp, dark bit of color into the outer part of my crease (it's dense so it applies a good concentration with each patting in of color) so... it just depends on your needs. Me? I LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I finally bought this brush and I see what the hype is about - moreso than with the 217, which is easily duped and not that big a deal.

I've tried so many things to get a precise yet softly smudged look on my lower lash line using shadow as a liner. This brush is the only thing that can do this all by itself. To get this look using shadow I used to have to use a combination of an angled brush, lip brush, and a sponge tip, or fingers.

Very dense and soft, no shedding. It seems like the "point" of the pencil will hold up well and I'll update after a while (like, a year or so of near-daily use) about that.

This is one of the few MAC brushes that's truly worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

#219 and #217 are my HG brushes for the eye area. #219 is the ultimate precision brush in my opinion, perfect for lining lower lash line, depositing colour and creating really stunning smokey looks. Also it is great for blending colours on the crease for women with smaller eyes (for women with bigger eyes #217 works much better). Costs 19Euro and it is a must-have for any serious brush collector.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by goldmine4545

I have the old pencil brush and it's great and gives a lovely smokey look. However, this brush I just bought yesterday has hard hairs and does not give the beautiful smokey look on the bottom of the lashes.

Very disappointed. So back it goes. I get a better look with the sephora smudge brush for a few dollars. They obviously changed the hairs in this brush as well as the style a little. The first brush I got was all bent. The second one is very pointy. I noticed they are not consistent. But they were both consistent in that they did not smudge properly. Going back!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

ALL PROS: Works SO well as a dense color depositer. I use this for my H/L colors for small spaces. It's also used to create a smoky eye/smudger.

ALTERNATES: Bobbi Brown has a version of this that is a bit softer and has a bit larger tip that is a little less precise. It's called the Eye Smudge Brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The 219 was my first MAC brush and definitely my favorite!! I bought for the purpose of smudging shadow into my lower lash line (I didn't have a brush capable of doing that). However, I use it for so much more than that! I love it for highlighting the inner corners of my eyes, highlighting the brow bone, and especially for applying color to the crease and outer V. I have pretty small eyes and the 217 is too big for applying dark colors (I do use it for lighter colors when I want a natural crease color just for contouring). The 219 is the perfect size and applies the color perfectly. This brush is essential for smokey eyes, in my opinion, and I will never be without it! Eventually I will be getting a second one!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this brush but I don't really need it.
It's helpful when trying to highlight the inner rim of the eyes, but I never use it for smudging out eyeliner. I prefer using a sponge tip.
It's a brush I could've lived without.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a LE version that came in a set. Don't know which one - I bought it at a warehouse sale. I was hesitant to purchase due to the reputation of the sets. However, I'm glad I did. This brush is so soft on my eyes and very versatile. I do not like to carry my MAC brushes out for fear of losing them, but I felt I could not do without this. I realize this is a pencil brush but it is more versatile for me. I use it as a pencil brush for my lower lash line, but most especially as a crease and outer v, blending brush. I have a small crease area to work with but this fits perfectly. I use the circular windshield method to make e/s softer and blended with this but do still use another blending brush once the initial work is done. It's also perfect for when doing cut creases.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this baby!
I think it's a must for any girl's makeup bag. It gives maximum precision and you can use it everywhere, not only in the under-eye area, as m/u artists recommend. I also use it for smokey eyes looks and it's wonderful.
Even though, I gave it just 4 lippies because its price is totally killing me. It cost me about 30 euros here, in Europe,. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by jennnifer1911

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have just recently purchased this brush and am now wondering how I managed without it! It is a great brush for getting the finishing touch for a smokey eye and wonderful for any precision work....another great brush by MAC.