Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.8

Water, Peg-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Peg-6, Trisodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

on 12/28/2010 12:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this as part of a set. It does remove eye makeup reasonably well but no better than my favourite Body Shop eyemakup remover - the Cammomile one for sensitive eyes. The key with removing any eyemakeup is to soak a cotton pad and hold it on your eyes to let the solution dissolve whatever eyemakeup you are wearing. It's not oily which is great if you are not wearing waterproof mascara but I don't think it would cut through a waterproof.

on 12/28/2010 11:55:00 AM

I tried this Eye make up remover in a sample size during my vacation. I am glad I did not make a full size purchase for that hefty amount..

I agree that the remover is not oily and that is probably the only 'pro'.
I noticed that it is a little soapy. Also, due to the fact that this product does not remove my waterproof eyelash glue completely. I have to keep going on it and I notice that my eye area was more red than usual. Hence, definitely not suitable for sensitive eyes. I reckoned that this does not take off waterproof mascara well too.

on 12/11/2010 4:53:00 AM

This is indeed very gentle but it takes several swipes to get rid of the makeup which is counterintuitive to its purpose in the beginning. I just don't find this effective enough and true, it does not irritate at all. But the fact that you have to go over the area several times defeats the purpose of anything gentle since cotton pads are more irritating than the makeup remover is gentle.

on 11/19/2010 3:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

OMG this stuff stung my eyes really badly, Im surprised EL couldn't come up with a better product since they are a high end brand, I have used EL's foundations for many years and they are simply the best, excellent color selection and the best formulas that don't cake or sink into lines anyway................this remover also gave me like a big red cyst like breakout under my eyes, very disappointed and will never go near this stuff, besides it did an awful job at removing eye makeup.

on 11/13/2010 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I rather like this eye makeup remover. It takes very little product with gentle wiping to dissolve my non waterproof mascara, it leaves very little residue. It doesn't sting my eyes. This was a gwp.

on 11/11/2010 7:59:00 AM

The SA used this to take my make up off to show me one of their mascaras. My eyes started stinging, and they were bright red & bloodshot. And this is meant to be gentle?! Don't get me wrong, I use their skincare & make up, but this (along with various other items) cause an allergic reaction.

on 10/21/2010 4:24:00 PM

doesn't take off all makeup especially waterproof mascara. however, i LOVE this makeup remover because its so gentle on my eyelids. i highly recommend this for those who have sensitive eyelids. also, if you want to take off all your makeup, using a q-tip will get the job done, rather than just using the cotton balls or makeup pads.

on 10/3/2010 12:41:00 AM

every time my mom gets some kind of estee lauder perfume, this is usually included as a gwp. it's not the best makeup remover, but it's not the worst i've tried. i do find that it takes a little more effort to remove makeup w/ this product than it does with the one i use one (target up&up makeup remover.) it had irritated my eyelids and made them red&stingy on a few occasions.

on 8/17/2010 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using my gwp small bottle of this for a while now.
It requires an awful lot of swipes and rubbing to get off even a light application of non-waterproof mascara. My eyelids feel irritated and raw afterwards. I prefer something creamy and soothing,like the Clinique eye makeup removers. When I shake the bottle of this slightly, it foams up tremendously like dishwashing detergent and looks greasy in the bottle. Gross. I would rather lather up my face with cleanser and rinse off or use my Clairsonic over my eye area a few times than use this. It is harsh and doesn't work well at all. I even saw tiny broken blood vessels on my eyelids after using this to get off a heavier than usual eye makeup. Stay away from this and try Clinique.

on 7/31/2010 1:29:00 AM

unlike oil based eye makeup remover, this doesn't take off my waterproof mascara. BUT this dissolves my black eyelash glue. The oil base remover couldn't do the job but this bottle can.