April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser II

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2005 9:19:00 PM More reviews by JennyLyn

So far, so good! I've been using this product for about three weeks and I'm starting to see fewer breakouts. I have somewhat oily, breakout-prone skin, and wanted a cleanser that would exfoliate and reduce breakouts without being too harsh. My skin felt smoother after the first use, and I think it is making my skin tone look more even. I alternate with Eucerin foaming cleanser so as not to overdo it with the glycolic acid.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2005 3:36:00 AM More reviews by whyujin

Ok HG cleanser...everybody needs one!! I exfoliate regularly with beads and scrubs, but for the super duper stubborn flakes that are invisible to the eye yet suddenly show up after you put on makeup (the worst! I have to wash my face and start over or look hideous all day!). This gets every last flake with no trouble.

I started with the #II cleanser before ever using #1 and had the slightest bit of tingling at first, but got used to it fast. Now I don't feel a thing~. I used to use it daily, but now only use it in emergency flake situations. If you are using retinol or other acids that peel your face, getthis to complement your routine, and you won't have to worry about embarrassing flakes during your treatment.

Edited May2005: I just wanted to mention, this is more like a treatment than a cleanser. This really won't remove makeup properly, so most of us cleanse first and then put this on a dry face and wait for a couple of minutes before wiping off with a washcloth. So, it's more like a 2-3 minute mask for me than a cleanser....just wanted to make sure no one was breaking out from using this to clean their makeup....cuz it won't be enough. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2005 8:09:00 PM More reviews by quietmaria

I do LOVE this product. I was getting microdermabrasion a few years ago at a plastic surgeons office and they recommended this cleanser. I really think this cleanser has done more for me than the microdermabrasion treatments did. This keeps my skin clear and smooth. It's a little expensive but it lasts a long long time so I think it's worth it. I am looking forward to trying other MD Forte products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2005 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Elizabethhoye

My Holy Grail product that I cannot live without. I have had cystic acne since graduating high school and this is the only product that has tamed my breakouts. I used to get 2-3 cystic pimples per week. They would not heal and turn into dark spots. Since I have been using this, I get one pimple (not cystic) about once per month. My face is much smoother and has been since using this. Well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2005 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Estrelinha

I started on MD Formulations a couple of years ago, but I've since been using this line. I prefer it because 1)less expensive 2)different levels. This, coupled with the Facial Creme have been my HG's for keeping my skin FLAWLESS and GLOWING!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2004 2:30:00 AM More reviews by complexionfreak

This skin care line was recommended to me by another MUA'er shoegurl26, and boy am I glad she told me about it. I am a big fan of glycolics and have been searching for a cleanser that contains a good amount of it. This was the cleanser I've been looking for. Not only does it cleanse well, but it also have smoothened out the surface of my skin. I have combination skin and am prone to clogged pores and blackheads and this cleanser has helped decrease all that mess.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2004 2:49:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

This cleanser is pretty awesome. I had major breakouts, and using this helped to alleviate my acne. After washing with this, my skin feels so smooth and looks so radiant and fresh. The only things that bother me about the cleanser is the packaging (I wish it came in a tube) and the fact that I have to use it on a dry face. I have to either apply it before or after my shower, and not during, so it's a bit inconvenient, but it's worth it. I love this cleanser and what it does for my skin! =)~~

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2004 6:16:00 PM More reviews by skayce

This is a great cleanser! Helps keep my skin clear. However, I try to use sparingly as it can irritate if used too much. Otherwise, this is a great find thanks to MUA. UPDATE: Although I think this cleanser is the best glycolic out there, I prefer using a simple cleanser (DDF Sensitive Skin) and then a seperate alpha hydroxy product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2004 2:37:00 PM More reviews by rosenfc

This made my skin feel very oily and broke me out. Also, it did not do a good job remove eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2004 11:34:00 PM More reviews by pap179

I have waited quite a while to review this. I actually stopped using it for a little while as I explored other products. But, I just came back to this and I can absolutely see a difference in my skin. It is so much smoother and my make-up looks much better. I will definitely repurchase when I run out (although it has lasted me a while!!)