October 25, 2014 | 1149 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Leahrm23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for years. Does not sting or irritate my eyes at all. It also doesnt make the surrounding area break out. Tip: you only need a little!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

I have been using this eye make up remover for years. I'm surprised to read some of the reviewers write that it stings because I don't experience any stinging at all.

It's a clear liquid that is gentle on my eyes and has no scent. It's almost like water. It comes in a large bottle (4.2 fl oz). The price is reasonable though I'm usually able to snag a couple during drugstore sales. I like the dispenser - it's a small hole so you don't have to worry about oversoaking your cotton balls.

It has no oil and that's why it won't be as effective in removing waterproof makeup/eyeliner/mascara. As a result, I don't use it as my main eye make up remover - I use an oli-based make up remover. However, I use the Rimmel version for cleaning up leftover smudges. I also use it to clean up fall-out and smudges after I apply eyeliner and smokey eyeshadow on my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Ugh, this is the worst eye makeup remover ever. It stings everytime I use it. I almost forgot that I still have half the bottle in my dresser. Gonna throw it after this warning -er, review. It is a complete waste of money on my part. Obviously will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by shannondarlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this simply 'cause I needed a new bottle of eye makeup remover & this was on sale...I really like that you can squirt it on a cotton round, instead of some bottles where you kind have to stick a cotton ball to the opening & saturate it. This didn't irritate my eyes at all & removed even waterproof mascara with ease. It didn't have a weird smell or leave my eyes feeling greasy, plus it came with a free mascara! This is one of the cheapest eye makeup removers at my Walmart & seems to last me longer than most other brands with the same size bottle. I've noticed that they almost always come with a free mascara - such a good deal for less than $3! The only downside is that it doesn't feel as "smooth" as other eye makeup removers, but it doesn't leave you with that oily feeling either.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Skitts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very gentle, takes everything off. only stngs if you use too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by jennarae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this product for years and it has never let me down! It removes all my mascara without the oily residue that so many of the other effective eye make up removers leave behind. The lid is designed perfectly-- the remover is easy to get out but not so easy that you spill it all over the place. Furthermore, it doesn't sting if it gets in my eyes. My HG eye make up remover!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have really sensitive eyes. This makeup remover has become the #1 item I keep stocked up on...for fear of it being discontinued...let's not go there :) I love it and highly recommend it to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Removes anything. Despensing hole is just big enough to fit the tip of a Q-tip in it. It's NOT greasy at all! LOVE.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Hawa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is waste of money! Doesn't remove waterproof or regular mascara. Invest in Neutrogena oil free makeup remover because it works and doesn't burn your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Jazzybear89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great!
-cheap
-very gentle- no stinging or any irritation at all
- very large amt. of product
-love the top- has a very small opening so you can get just what you need- not a ton!
-removes absolutely everything with no effort

No downsides so far! Love it!