October 23, 2014 | 892 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by prppygrl69

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I. Am. In. LOVE! I have VERY oily skin and this keeps me pretty matte all day. I can look too yellow if I use it everywhere as I have pink undertones. But it just brightens the face up. You get a good amount of product. I love this powder. Not much more I can say. Well besides the packaging. But if you keep it upright,you're good to go!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Astrokitt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was in love with this loose powder for 3 months ... and then I worked out it was causing my pores to clog and I developed milia on the skin around my eyes. If you've never heard of milia before - google it - they're little raised bumps of skin. I've never had milia before in my life and I thought it odd that it appeared out of the blue. I began to eliminate various possible culprits from my eye creams to eye shadows and in the end I believe it was this loose powder.

My milia cleared up straight away when I stopped using the powder. When I read into Ben Nye, and the ingredients list - I found the brand had its roots in stage makeup. Really heavy duty long lasting stuff. Which is great if your skin can handle it - mine can't. I used it to set my makeup, and its incredibly fine and last most of the day without going shiny until late afternoon. A little is all you need. A downer is it comes in a little plastic bottle is so you need to shake out the powder on to the back of your hand or a palette and dust it on.

So overall, a truly an excellent powder - just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I can't believe I've never reviewed this product before, it's one of my top make up staples! I first discovered 'Banana Powder' last year, and ordered the 1.5oz jar. It comes with a sifter opening and to me has a pleasantly sweet scent. To look at it, it is very yellow and it is extremely finely milled. So my favourite method of using it in my make up routine is after I've applied my concealer under my eyes or around the sides of my nose. The perfect brush I've found for application is the Real Techniques 'Deluxe Crease Brush' in the Starter Kit. I just dip the brush into the powder then use it to buff the powder under my eyes and everywhere else. The powder is applied and buffed in exactly where I want it to be. I don't use all over my face - just where I've applied my concealer. My concealer NEVER creases and is set in place for the whole day. There is no cakey look, nor does the powder settling into my lines. Not only that, but my under-eye area looks much brighter, but not in that unnatural way you see sometimes on Kim K. It's worth noting though I have an NC25 skin tone with yellow/olive undertones.

Overall, it is the most perfect powder to set your concealer with the additional benefit of brightening your under-eye area. I also love the price of this powder - from the US it came to around £10! Considering I use it almost everyday, I still have more than 3/4 of the jar left!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by MissBeautyAdikt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been trying to track this Ben Nye Powder for so long and finally i found it in the UK! I am so pleased i have purchased this because it certainly does live up to all the hype! This is the powder that is used on Kim Kardashian by her makeup artist.

It comes in a sifter jar, but i find it very messy and the powder just gets everywhere! Ben Nye Banana Powder is perfect for setting your makeup and and the yellowness of the powder compliments my skin tone and doesn't make it look ashy. I like to use this to set my makeup for my entire face, however, it can just be used to set your under eye concealer.

I have tried and tested this and it was mentioned in one of my YouTube videos and used a lot in tutorials. For those who have combination skin, this is perfect! I didn't need to touch up my face throughout the day because it doesn't look shiny! It controls shine very well and brightens up your complexion. The yellow powder suits many skin tones and you get a lot of powder for the price!

The only downside is that it is very hard to get hold of in the UK! Overall, i love this product and it is something i will be happy to have in my professional makeup kit.

Pictures and full post is on the blog: http://goo.gl/tk9Iu6

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by frckls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thank you to my fairy-godmother, April, for giving me this magical dust.

I never really cared for setting powder. I used to use powder foundation and I just didn't care to add extra layer of powder. Plus, I tried Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder and was not happy at all about the chalky finish and feel.

Then I thought I should try exploring other things, I got recommended and sent a pot of this by a lovely and angelic MUA member (you know who you are!) to try, along with some other stuff. I figured it was pretty good at first to set my concealer, but I thought there must be something better out there.

Things escalated when I started using my current staple ss (until I find a better one) which is very finicky with makeups on top of it. Since many bases I've tried don't sit well on my skin (liquids, cremes and powders; including the very highly touted Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk and Cargo blu_ray Powder among others), I gave up and just stick with my trusted Inglot Under Eye Concealer with this patted and dusted on top.

Among all other bases I've tried, this is the one that kept my colleagues asking "Now, what foundation are you trying now, because your skin looks amazing and glowing." Pretty funny, because I barely use any base. Even NARS Tinted Moisturizer didn't garner me half as much compliment.

It is very finely milled and the color yellow really suits my NC30 with yellow undertone skin amazingly well, so it doesn't make me look chalky or ghostly. It blurs imperfections and makes my skin looks so smooth and polished. It doesn't have really amazing oil control, but I can easily touch up since I have this in a pot with sifter and little puff.

I wish cosmetic stores here (where I usually find theatrical makeup brands) will start carrying this little gem soon! Definite repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by izzaphilia

I use this setting powder to highlight my undereyes and t zone. I also use a tiny bit of it all over my face before sealing my makeup. For me, it's best set over a yellow toned concealer with a damp latex sponge then blended with a fan brush. I didn't want to cave in to the hype but most reviews swear by it. I got the 3.0 oz for PhP700, which is about $16 at Purebeauty. I think that it's a great deal because most online resellers charge a range of 800 to 1000+ without shipping cost! My worry is that if I finish the bottle, it'll be difficult to get my hands on one at that price again, because a friend of mine got one at the newly opened Alabang branch. I've been waiting for it from their Serendra and Trinoma branches for months! :)

This powder doesn't budge. At. All. It didn't wear out for hours, with no primer underneath! No visible settling in lines, no caking and cracking. I have yet to see how it will fare on a night out, which in my opinion is the gold standard test for an HG. But the banana powder gets that seal from me immediately because I don't look ashy, and there is no white cast in photos.

Only cons are the parabens in it, which might not be suitable for some skin types. The packaging also needs improvement. I need to transfer it in a cosmetic sifting case to secure it since the shaker bottle pours out too much. A solution I use while I'm too busy to do that is poking only 1-3 holes through the sticker plastic or cutting through it to control the product from getting messy. Pretty easy to live by than buying products more expensive but with less on it!

Please bother to research if this shade is right for you. Some reviewers gave it a low rating because it is "too yellow" for their skin tone. Ben Nye offers a wide range of shades, check them out online or in stores.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Divanance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love did I mention I love this product. I found out about it on YouTube from a beauty guru.. This stuff is amazing! Flawless setting powder for your concealer. Overall it makes a HUGE difference! Buy this product! this is the stuff Kim K makeup artist uses and I see why. It Makes you look more glamorous and flawless which is what we all want right :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by SallyB20

where do I even start with this?? okay so I saw how many people were raving about this ben Nye banana powder all over the web but also saw some bad reviews so I was doubting this a lot but I was like what the heck lets give it a try! I purchased the .3 oz at makeup mania for 13.95 the shipping was free I had a code for it. so first time I used it I was like super nervous I applied it with a wedge sponge (a brush works well too) for my under eye,it seemed at first very dry and heavy for my under eye but I continued to use once it sets it looks amazing I love it!!!! I was in need of a setting powder for my under eyes since regular powder wont due to set it. the packaging is ok it just has too many holes and a lot might come out so I put clear tape to cover most of them so It wont go to waste. I recommend using a hydrating eye cream(Bobbi brown hydrating eye cream is amazing) just to make sure your eyes are moisturized since the banana powder is a bit thick and heavy since it is theater makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by selmacias

I've never done a review on a product but this is a life saver! I use the powder to set my oily concealer and it lasts all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Elizarroyo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Omg I love this stuff! I have an oily t-zone and this stuff works like a charm. I do sometimes have to reapply but it is 5+ hours after. It creates this glow I can't explain. Every single time I have worn this powder I always get complements about my skin. Love it!