April 24, 2014 | 1546 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Amber814

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the body butters from the body shop! Very moisturizing for my dry skin! And the smell is great for summertime!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have some mixed reviews on this product....so I will make a pro/con list...

PRO:
Smells divine
Gets rid of my alligator skin on my legs
Is ridding my arms of my KP (small white bumps all over my arms)
Nice spill proof container, suitable for tossing into a bag without fear of spilling.

CON:
A bit greasy (though a bit better if you put it on immediately after bathing)
Pricey for quantity unless you wait and stock up when on sale (I do)

Overall, I really like this butter, especially for my legs and arms. For my hands and feet though I tend to use the Mango Whip Body Lotion as it's a bit lighter in feeling but still as emollient. That way I'm not slipping and sliding all over the place!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by 1Agatka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The smell itself is a good enough reason to buy this. Add soft texture and moisturizing of even the driest skin... and it's a huge Y E S ! ! !
The only con is that it can leave a greasy film that takes a little while to soak into the skin so it's not a product I'd advise to use if you want to put clothes on right after applying. Still... I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by ItsMeElen

I LOVE this stuff!! I ordered it online because it was mango scented (which did not disappoint! smells like heaven!), not realizing it was for very dry skin. My skin is quite normal with the occasional dry spot here and there. I use this all over my body every night after a shower and before bed and I wake up with my skin feeling SO soft and smoothe! Also, I have had keratosis pilaris on my arms for years and could never find anything to make it clear up. After using this body butter for a week, it is almost completely gone! For sure will repurchase again and again! Definitely worth the price!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by oosagi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love the fruity frangrance, it's not too strongly scented unlike some Body Shop body butters, and it's very moisturizing. If you want a fairly heavy moisturizer, this will work for you, but stay away if you don't like to feel the oil on your skin after you've applied it. I bought this again because I used to use it in the early nineties, when mango body butter was the only scent The Body Shop carried. The product is different, creamier and opaque where it used to be a translucent semi-solid oil, but the scent is exactly the same. Fantastic for very dry skin, or cold, dry winters.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I added this as a sample in my order from Sephora and I have to say; I love it.

Not only does it smell delicious and like fresh mangoes; but it's extremely moisturizing without that "thick" and "greasy" feeling.

It feels light weight on the skin and it a great moisturizer for extra dry spots.

I will buy this once I run out of the sample. So good!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by bamf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I adore this thick, luxurious body butter. Mango is a favorite scent and this one definitely lasts throughout the day. Wonderful hydration. I only wish they hadn't discontinued their Papaya butter, my first choice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

Like all body butters from The Body Shop, I love them all! Mango smells great and makes my skin so much smoother. There's absolutely nothing bad about body butters from TBS, but depends what flavour you like =]

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by maserati

I got this as a gift. The thing i loved most about it was the smell. I love love love the smell!!! This hand cream is a bit on the heavier side and it is a bit greasy. I only use it at night because i cant do much with this stuff on my hands. I think it does a good job at moisturizing and making my hands feel soft int he morning.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I got this in a gift set from a friend. It smells delish! Just like all the other body butters from the body shop. It makes my skin feel super soft and you only need a small blob to cover a large area, as it's very creamy and rich. Too much and you can expect your skin to feel greasy. As with most body butters, it doesn't exactly 'absorb' into the skin. Sits more like a thin layer over your skin to keep moisture in, so I tend to use this mostly during the night after a shower and wake up to soft smooth skin. Probably won't repurchase this particular scent as it's not my fav, but will buy another scent from the same line as they are great for dry elbows, feet and legs.