November 24, 2014 | 1355 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by chelle1216

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you have extremely dry skin like myself this is the lotion for you! This is the first time in years I don't have dry itchy white patchy cracking skin! My elbows are finally smooth, my legs soft and subtle! My skin has a nice sheen to it! I think the best time to use it is right out of the shower. It will be a little greasy for a bit but once it soaks it your skin will feel awesome!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by cpeters87

Great smelling product, but would not buy again because it is too greasy for my liking.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by sportyfruitygal

I went skiing with this product, so the cold, wet, and wind on my skin left it in a really unhealthy, dry condition.I used the mango body butter twice daily for around a week afterwards and my skin felt soft and moisturised, without looking or feeling greasy. Do be aware that this product can look greasy if too much is applied. Whilst I was on holiday the following year, I also tried 'The Body Shop Vitamin E intense moisture cream. This stung my face which really isn't sensitive to anything. The price is usually 12.50 (without a deal) however I got mine in a giftset with 4 other things for just 7.50- which means it was great value for money. There is no expiry date so it won't go off if you use it just for winters and emergerncies (like me). If left in hot conditions as with any butter- it will melt. Overall, I think this product is great and has often been a lifesaver!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by AxlsRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best The Body Shop Body Butter i've tried. It smells heavenly, I love the texture and it is really really moisturising. It's the best for dry skin. The smell is perfect for summer, but great for anytime. The only problem I have with this brand is that it's very expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I took a long vacation from The Body Shop's products for two reasons: I was not a fan of Anita Roddick, and I prefer the less expensive and more varied products available from etailers. However, since moving back to Arizona, I've developed a severe case of desert skin and can't order from etailers in the summer, because body butters invariably arrive melted and really can't be resuscitated to a usable form. So off to TBS I went. They were having an insane sale (buy two body butters, get three free), so I bought several of the small jars in various scents. The Mango Butter claims to be best for very dry skin, so I tried that one first. Since I used it last, they've refined the formula--it used to be much thicker and greasier, and grainy as well. Now it's very smooth and not as greasy, but it does a great job of moisturizing my alligator skin. (I find the greasiness is not problematic if I apply it right out of the shower and wait a few minutes to dress.) The scent is also refined--not as overwhelmingly tropical, IMHO, but more freshly fruity. Although I will order from my fave etailers again when the weather cools off, I find these body butters a good and cheap substitute during the summer months and will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Amber814

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the body butters from the body shop! Very moisturizing for my dry skin! And the smell is great for summertime!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have some mixed reviews on this product....so I will make a pro/con list...

PRO:
Smells divine
Gets rid of my alligator skin on my legs
Is ridding my arms of my KP (small white bumps all over my arms)
Nice spill proof container, suitable for tossing into a bag without fear of spilling.

CON:
A bit greasy (though a bit better if you put it on immediately after bathing)
Pricey for quantity unless you wait and stock up when on sale (I do)

Overall, I really like this butter, especially for my legs and arms. For my hands and feet though I tend to use the Mango Whip Body Lotion as it's a bit lighter in feeling but still as emollient. That way I'm not slipping and sliding all over the place!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by 1Agatka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The smell itself is a good enough reason to buy this. Add soft texture and moisturizing of even the driest skin... and it's a huge Y E S ! ! !
The only con is that it can leave a greasy film that takes a little while to soak into the skin so it's not a product I'd advise to use if you want to put clothes on right after applying. Still... I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by ItsMeElen

I LOVE this stuff!! I ordered it online because it was mango scented (which did not disappoint! smells like heaven!), not realizing it was for very dry skin. My skin is quite normal with the occasional dry spot here and there. I use this all over my body every night after a shower and before bed and I wake up with my skin feeling SO soft and smoothe! Also, I have had keratosis pilaris on my arms for years and could never find anything to make it clear up. After using this body butter for a week, it is almost completely gone! For sure will repurchase again and again! Definitely worth the price!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by oosagi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love the fruity frangrance, it's not too strongly scented unlike some Body Shop body butters, and it's very moisturizing. If you want a fairly heavy moisturizer, this will work for you, but stay away if you don't like to feel the oil on your skin after you've applied it. I bought this again because I used to use it in the early nineties, when mango body butter was the only scent The Body Shop carried. The product is different, creamier and opaque where it used to be a translucent semi-solid oil, but the scent is exactly the same. Fantastic for very dry skin, or cold, dry winters.