The Body Shop Mango Body Butter

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Mango Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Citral, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Citronellol, Annatto

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love the body shop body butters! This one is one of my favorites, it smells amazing and gives my super dry body skin the moisture it needs. It soaks in pretty fast on me, but if your not pretty dry I can see this being greasy.

This body butter is one of the best body butters... EVER! It smells like mangos and peaches which is awesome because I love both and when fall and winter time comes around and your skin is dry and thirsty, this lotion will fix you right up. It soaks into the skin very nicely and drys up fast. It's not greasy and when you put it on at night and wake up in the morning you will feel sooo soft! This body butter is truely AMAZING and I will continue to by it as long as it's around.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Oh my goodness, you guys. I think I've found my saving grace. I have terrible chicken bumps (Karatosis Pilaris) on the tops of my arms. It doesn't hurt me, however it is aesthetically irritating and displeasing. I wasn't willing to fork out big bucks for medicated creams claiming to get rid of it. Thus, when I stumbled by The Body Shop at my local mall, the SA asked me to spin her "wheel of savings", and I recieved 3 items for $30.00 (They usually go for $18.00 a piece) I went for it and purchased 3 of these. (They smelled the best, not like mangoes, like peaches :3) Little did I know that after 3 days of use my arms are beautifully smooth and the rest of my body is soft, moisturized, glowing, and peach-scented. Hell yeah, I would buy this product again. :D

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The mango body butter is one of my favorite body butters from The Body Shop. Unlike some kinds of butter, the mango body butter sinks into the skin a bit faster (it doesn't sink in super fast, this is a body butter after all) than the average butter. At first I didn't think this would perform as well as my beloved cocoa body butter, but I'm happy to report that this works just as well at moisturizing and sinks into the skin faster than the cocoa body butter. My scaly legs just drink this stuff right in and this leaves my skin feeling smooth and nicely scented. I always wait for some kind of sale before picking up a butter so I think the price is not too bad.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product. I've been using it for over a year. I pick it up last year because the skin around my knuckles got really rough and dark. Also one of my knuckles was starting to crack and bleed because it was so dry. The lotion that I was using at the time, (lubiderm) was not helping, so I decided to try this. Within 2 to 3 wks of use, my knuckles were back to normal.
It is now a part of my fall/winter body regime. I use it after I shower and it keeps my body moisturized and soft all day. Its a little too thick/heavy to use as an all over body moisturizer during the summer. But I do use it on my hands and feet year round. And my cuticles have never looked better. It keeps body really soft without out being greasy.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you have extremely dry skin like myself this is the lotion for you! This is the first time in years I don't have dry itchy white patchy cracking skin! My elbows are finally smooth, my legs soft and subtle! My skin has a nice sheen to it! I think the best time to use it is right out of the shower. It will be a little greasy for a bit but once it soaks it your skin will feel awesome!

Great smelling product, but would not buy again because it is too greasy for my liking.

I went skiing with this product, so the cold, wet, and wind on my skin left it in a really unhealthy, dry condition.I used the mango body butter twice daily for around a week afterwards and my skin felt soft and moisturised, without looking or feeling greasy. Do be aware that this product can look greasy if too much is applied. Whilst I was on holiday the following year, I also tried 'The Body Shop Vitamin E intense moisture cream. This stung my face which really isn't sensitive to anything. The price is usually 12.50 (without a deal) however I got mine in a giftset with 4 other things for just 7.50- which means it was great value for money. There is no expiry date so it won't go off if you use it just for winters and emergerncies (like me). If left in hot conditions as with any butter- it will melt. Overall, I think this product is great and has often been a lifesaver!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the best The Body Shop Body Butter i've tried. It smells heavenly, I love the texture and it is really really moisturising. It's the best for dry skin. The smell is perfect for summer, but great for anytime. The only problem I have with this brand is that it's very expensive.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I took a long vacation from The Body Shop's products for two reasons: I was not a fan of Anita Roddick, and I prefer the less expensive and more varied products available from etailers. However, since moving back to Arizona, I've developed a severe case of desert skin and can't order from etailers in the summer, because body butters invariably arrive melted and really can't be resuscitated to a usable form. So off to TBS I went. They were having an insane sale (buy two body butters, get three free), so I bought several of the small jars in various scents. The Mango Butter claims to be best for very dry skin, so I tried that one first. Since I used it last, they've refined the formula--it used to be much thicker and greasier, and grainy as well. Now it's very smooth and not as greasy, but it does a great job of moisturizing my alligator skin. (I find the greasiness is not problematic if I apply it right out of the shower and wait a few minutes to dress.) The scent is also refined--not as overwhelmingly tropical, IMHO, but more freshly fruity. Although I will order from my fave etailers again when the weather cools off, I find these body butters a good and cheap substitute during the summer months and will repurchase.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products