Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

NEW INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Fumaric Acid, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Salix Alba Bark Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, Aminomethyl Propanol (05/2011). OLD INGREDIENTS: Lavandula Angustifolia(Lavendar) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Extract, Fumaric Acid, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium CHloride Phosphate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Acrylkates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, AMinomethyl Propanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben 5/20/09

on 4/18/2010 2:03:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I can get the same results with Neutrogena or Cetaphil for way cheaper. Not worth the money.

on 4/3/2010 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have extremely sensitive acne-prone skin. Most "acne" cleansers break me out in a rash on top of the spots. This cleanser calms the redness and rash however I still need something for the spots. (Haven't quite figured out what to do with the spots yet.) I don't have a problem removing makeup with this cleanser and it's so gentle that most days I don't need a heavy moisturizer afterwards. The only thing that turns me off are the parabens in this product. I'm on this whole green/healthy kick so I'm going to try out a few natural cleansers but if I don't have any luck.. I'll def return to this cleanser.

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I think I like this cleanser, but even after 2 weeks of use I just can't decide. It does seem to take my makeup off as long as I use a makeup removing wipe first since it's waterproof. It also seems to get most of the daily oil and dirt off, but I am just so used to my normal products that I don't feel like I'm really getting my face clean. I have used my regular cleanser a few times in between, and I have noticed that it almost burns in comparison to this product. I am breaking out differently than I normally would, but this could be just from switching products and because I had a facial recently. I will probably buy again as long as I stop breaking out and don't feel like it's to weak.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I've been using this for a few weeks now. My skin has recently become sensitive and red, so as soon as I had finished my drugstore cleanser I immediately put an order in for this.

It has a nice design - smooth & sleek and unlikely to leak. I opted for the 250ml version as a big 'tester' so to speak. I do find that my skin is calmer and less red now that I've been using it. I put the product onto my fingers and massage my makeup around, and then wipe off with cotton buds. I get a somewhat mask-like feel after doing this, so I think it would work better if I rinsed off the residue instead. I agree with some people saying it's not the best makeup remover - I always need to use a toner to remove the rest of it, but the bottle does advise to use precleanse before so I'm going to look into buying that when I next have the money!

It is an expensive product, but you need to invest in your skin so I would repurchase it. I think Dermalogica need to reiterate the fact that this is a cleanser and not an all-in-one makeup remover.

on 3/1/2010 2:42:00 PM

ive been using this clenser for 3 years now and i love it! i got some mild acne when i was 17 and this stuff really helped!! im acne free now but still get the odd breakout.. it really calms my sensitive skin and keeps it feeling fresh.. love it :)

on 1/16/2010 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After years of using rinse off cleansers I finally caved in and bought this for my sensitive, break-out prone skin. I'm so glad I did because it has really calmed my skin and my blemishes aren't irritated anymore, they seem to be disappearing! I've only used it for a couple of weeks so maybe this review is a bit premature but I'll update if anything negative should happen.

I use this cleanser morning and night, smoothing it over my skin and then removing with cotton wool or pads. I still feel I need to use toner afterwards, maybe unnecessarily, but I don't really feel clean unless I've used toner too.

Price is pretty horrendous here in Ireland but I bought it from the UK and paid about 32 including shipping (for the 500 ml bottle).

Packaging is pretty good, it's a white plastic bottle with a pump. Unfortunately the pump on my bottle seems a bit wonky but maybe it got damaged in transit?

Overall, I'm happy with this cleanser. It's not HG yet but it's too soon to tell. I'll keep you updated.

on 12/5/2009 4:59:00 AM

I love this cleanser. it doesn't make my sensitive skin irritating :)

on 11/22/2009 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't begin to tell you how many cleansers I have tried over the past several months. I turned 41 this year and in the past 6 months my skin has changed, and not for the better... It has become more acne-prone and sensitive to the point where I could no longer even tolerate ANY type of SLS cleanser. After reading the reviews for this product I decided to try it. First off, it is the most I have ever spend for a cleanser - $41 for 250 ml. The good part is you only have to use small dime size amount. I apply this product dry to my face, massage in, and remove with a baby wash cloth. I find this method along with a spritz of LRP thermal water to remove any last traces of my mineral makeup, works for me. I have been using this for several months, and it has not caused breakouts, and seems to calm my skin down nicely. I will be repurchasing despite the $$$. For reference I live in high-altitude dry climate.

on 11/9/2009 2:38:00 PM

This cleanser is one of my favorites. It doesn't cause any irritation on my sensitive skin. I can use it year round. The only negatives are the price (high) and it isn't terribly effective at removing my mineral makeup. But the tradeoff is that I have calm skin.

on 10/19/2009 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Overall: I love this cleanser. I never knew just how stripping my acne wash was till I tried this. My skin is happy and clean and no breakouts or irritation. It's way better than Cetaphil.

Price: Yeah, it's expensive. But when you find something you love so much and you know you will use up the entire bottle, it's worth it. One lippie off because of the price tag.

Packaging: Meh. Standard. I have the smaller size now. Will buy the larger size with a pump next time around.

Buy again?: Most definately! I love this stuff. It definately cleans but if you like lots of foam, this doesn't foam at all. It took a day or two to get over that. Works great with my Clarisonic.