Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

NEW INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Fumaric Acid, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Salix Alba Bark Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, Aminomethyl Propanol (05/2011). OLD INGREDIENTS: Lavandula Angustifolia(Lavendar) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Extract, Fumaric Acid, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium CHloride Phosphate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Acrylkates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, AMinomethyl Propanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben 5/20/09

on 3/1/2010 2:42:00 PM

ive been using this clenser for 3 years now and i love it! i got some mild acne when i was 17 and this stuff really helped!! im acne free now but still get the odd breakout.. it really calms my sensitive skin and keeps it feeling fresh.. love it :)

on 1/16/2010 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After years of using rinse off cleansers I finally caved in and bought this for my sensitive, break-out prone skin. I'm so glad I did because it has really calmed my skin and my blemishes aren't irritated anymore, they seem to be disappearing! I've only used it for a couple of weeks so maybe this review is a bit premature but I'll update if anything negative should happen.

I use this cleanser morning and night, smoothing it over my skin and then removing with cotton wool or pads. I still feel I need to use toner afterwards, maybe unnecessarily, but I don't really feel clean unless I've used toner too.

Price is pretty horrendous here in Ireland but I bought it from the UK and paid about 32 including shipping (for the 500 ml bottle).

Packaging is pretty good, it's a white plastic bottle with a pump. Unfortunately the pump on my bottle seems a bit wonky but maybe it got damaged in transit?

Overall, I'm happy with this cleanser. It's not HG yet but it's too soon to tell. I'll keep you updated.

on 12/5/2009 4:59:00 AM

I love this cleanser. it doesn't make my sensitive skin irritating :)

on 11/22/2009 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't begin to tell you how many cleansers I have tried over the past several months. I turned 41 this year and in the past 6 months my skin has changed, and not for the better... It has become more acne-prone and sensitive to the point where I could no longer even tolerate ANY type of SLS cleanser. After reading the reviews for this product I decided to try it. First off, it is the most I have ever spend for a cleanser - $41 for 250 ml. The good part is you only have to use small dime size amount. I apply this product dry to my face, massage in, and remove with a baby wash cloth. I find this method along with a spritz of LRP thermal water to remove any last traces of my mineral makeup, works for me. I have been using this for several months, and it has not caused breakouts, and seems to calm my skin down nicely. I will be repurchasing despite the $$$. For reference I live in high-altitude dry climate.

on 11/9/2009 2:38:00 PM

This cleanser is one of my favorites. It doesn't cause any irritation on my sensitive skin. I can use it year round. The only negatives are the price (high) and it isn't terribly effective at removing my mineral makeup. But the tradeoff is that I have calm skin.

on 10/19/2009 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Overall: I love this cleanser. I never knew just how stripping my acne wash was till I tried this. My skin is happy and clean and no breakouts or irritation. It's way better than Cetaphil.

Price: Yeah, it's expensive. But when you find something you love so much and you know you will use up the entire bottle, it's worth it. One lippie off because of the price tag.

Packaging: Meh. Standard. I have the smaller size now. Will buy the larger size with a pump next time around.

Buy again?: Most definately! I love this stuff. It definately cleans but if you like lots of foam, this doesn't foam at all. It took a day or two to get over that. Works great with my Clarisonic.

on 10/11/2009 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I grabbed a sample of this and am I glad I did! I used it last night and this morning and my skin around my jaw line and chin is itchy and rough, yuk! I am going to try the essential cleansing solution tonight so fingers crossed. My skin is sensitive, dry, and prone to break outs, am hoping to find something that sorts out my skin, I don't mind paying lots if it'll work!

on 9/25/2009 7:10:00 AM

This is my second bottle. I originally started with dermalogica last year for my wedding, before that it was just d/s stuff.
This stuff is expensive, but it lasts forever! As I said, this is my second bottle in almost a year now. And the bottle is still about 3/4 full (I did take about a month off to try my ds stuff again, but hated it and went crawling back)
It helps keep my sensitive skin from going red, removes all traces of eye make-up and is super easy to rinse off.

on 8/29/2009 6:46:00 PM

After years of fighting acne, rosacea and severe redness, my esthetician convinced me to try this. Using in conjunction with my clarisonic brush, I have found my way to clear, glowing (but NOT inflamed and red) skin. I love the gentle cleansing and do find it to work better than cleansers that tighten and strip the skin because the long term benefits have proven to outweigh the "clean" feeling that I always associated with drying. Initially I thought this product was the same thing as cetaphil and so I moonlighted with that for a while and my skin broke out something' fierce. I switched back, cleared right up and am a believer ! I have been using this for two years and won't stray again!!! The only reason I don't rate this a 5 is because it's pricier than drugstore.... but ultimately it is worth it. To be more economical, I buy the large size with pump.

on 8/29/2009 1:01:00 PM

I bought a 16oz size of this cleanser for about $40 dollars, which is a bit more money than what I usually spend on cleansers. However, it is a big bottle and I only use one to two pumps each time I wash my face so it will last a long time. I have very oily skin, am acne prone, and on top of that my skin is sensitive and gets red very easily. I usually try to "fix" my face by washing with harsh foaming cleansers that just seem to make my skin even oilier. This cleanser is great because it's gentle, but still cleans thoroughly. My skin is left clean and matte after washing with it. It also does a decent job of removing makeup, however I have just started using dermalogica's precleanse before the ultracalming at night just to make sure I get all my makeup off. Also, I was a little worried that I would breakout from this cleanser because I am oily and acne prone and everything seems to make me breakout! But so far so good...no breakouts! I will update if that changes.