July 23, 2014 | 2008 users online

Cleansers - Dermalogica - Ultra Calming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by xcheck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleanser is one of my favorites. It doesn't cause any irritation on my sensitive skin. I can use it year round. The only negatives are the price (high) and it isn't terribly effective at removing my mineral makeup. But the tradeoff is that I have calm skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: I love this cleanser. I never knew just how stripping my acne wash was till I tried this. My skin is happy and clean and no breakouts or irritation. It's way better than Cetaphil.

Price: Yeah, it's expensive. But when you find something you love so much and you know you will use up the entire bottle, it's worth it. One lippie off because of the price tag.

Packaging: Meh. Standard. I have the smaller size now. Will buy the larger size with a pump next time around.

Buy again?: Most definately! I love this stuff. It definately cleans but if you like lots of foam, this doesn't foam at all. It took a day or two to get over that. Works great with my Clarisonic.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by annafrankie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I grabbed a sample of this and am I glad I did! I used it last night and this morning and my skin around my jaw line and chin is itchy and rough, yuk! I am going to try the essential cleansing solution tonight so fingers crossed. My skin is sensitive, dry, and prone to break outs, am hoping to find something that sorts out my skin, I don't mind paying lots if it'll work!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Tattykins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my second bottle. I originally started with dermalogica last year for my wedding, before that it was just d/s stuff.
This stuff is expensive, but it lasts forever! As I said, this is my second bottle in almost a year now. And the bottle is still about 3/4 full (I did take about a month off to try my ds stuff again, but hated it and went crawling back)
It helps keep my sensitive skin from going red, removes all traces of eye make-up and is super easy to rinse off.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by LQ222

After years of fighting acne, rosacea and severe redness, my esthetician convinced me to try this. Using in conjunction with my clarisonic brush, I have found my way to clear, glowing (but NOT inflamed and red) skin. I love the gentle cleansing and do find it to work better than cleansers that tighten and strip the skin because the long term benefits have proven to outweigh the "clean" feeling that I always associated with drying. Initially I thought this product was the same thing as cetaphil and so I moonlighted with that for a while and my skin broke out something' fierce. I switched back, cleared right up and am a believer ! I have been using this for two years and won't stray again!!! The only reason I don't rate this a 5 is because it's pricier than drugstore.... but ultimately it is worth it. To be more economical, I buy the large size with pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by xoAddiexo

I bought a 16oz size of this cleanser for about $40 dollars, which is a bit more money than what I usually spend on cleansers. However, it is a big bottle and I only use one to two pumps each time I wash my face so it will last a long time. I have very oily skin, am acne prone, and on top of that my skin is sensitive and gets red very easily. I usually try to "fix" my face by washing with harsh foaming cleansers that just seem to make my skin even oilier. This cleanser is great because it's gentle, but still cleans thoroughly. My skin is left clean and matte after washing with it. It also does a decent job of removing makeup, however I have just started using dermalogica's precleanse before the ultracalming at night just to make sure I get all my makeup off. Also, I was a little worried that I would breakout from this cleanser because I am oily and acne prone and everything seems to make me breakout! But so far so good...no breakouts! I will update if that changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by JayBay714

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I always believed I had super dry skin. It turns out I'm super sensitive though which leads to the irritation that makes ny skin look awful and flaky and feel so dry and sometimes itchy. I've used Ultra Calming for 2 weeks now and it is my saviour! I'm soooo glad the facial lady thought to have me try the sensitive line! I use it with barrier repair and soothing protection spray and my skin has truly never looked better. My mom (who has bought me every product out there as a teen) can't believe she only bought me stuff for ultra dry skin all that time. All along what I needed was sensitive!! I wear Bare Essentuals and Ultra Calming removes it with no problem. Maybe it would be too gentle for harsher make ups but worjs perfect for me. My face is so even now with these 3 products, I don't have any more redness. I think I have mild rosacea because I did get redness but no more. My skin feels so goo dand not a single flake!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 2:53:00 AM More reviews by gilliantng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a very gentle cleanser as reviewed by the others and i find that it does a pretty good cleansing job. its non soapy and can be tissued off but i still prefer rinsing off when i'm done. i usually wash twice with this cleanser and my skin still feels that it is not parched and dry.

also it seemed to calm my skin down quite a bit and my breakouts, while still frequent, seem lesser in numbers.

will repurchase this for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by binita24

I like this cleanser as its very gentle on my skin and calms down any redness. My skin doesnt feel tight or dehydrated after use. I use it morning and night. Although it is not the best cleanser for getting rid of makeup! I would prefer to use pre cleanse before hand. No nasty smells and doesnt foam, feels like massaging in a lovely mousse into your skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by facebylace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this product, but I don't love it. It's great for dryer, more sensitive skin. However, I have oily skin, and while it is a great cleanser if you have a sunburn.... oily skin + this cleanser = breakouts.